Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daz71
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2014

thanks that's where i've been going wrong i'll try it with all my figures that are looking a bit pale around the mouth.

Comment

• Riderfan
      Megos are cool
      • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by Apjac Corny
      You make a good point Riderfan. The thing that really bothers me is FTC body. Puck is an acrobat and one of the fun things about doing a Puck figure is all the cool poses that you could potentially put him in. He barely stands up on his own with that FTC body. I'm going to reconsider using a Zica body. I'll do some careful measuring before I do any cutting. Maybe I'll wait until the 8" superstore opens back up and try some of the super posable limbs that they sell for the type S body.

For now, I'm just going to finish him off as he is.
      I have yet to buy a Type S body (well, other than Yvonne) but yeah if you want pose-ability that's way to go.

The Doc body would give a bit more pose-ability (over FTC body) but certainly would add more 'bulk'.

But I certainly agree, finish him off as he is. You can always go back & make improvements if you feel the need.

K
      I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• Apjac Corny
        Museum Super Collector
        • Jan 12, 2016

Originally posted by Riderfan
        The Doc body would give a bit more pose-ability (over FTC body) but certainly would add more 'bulk'.
        I have a spare Doc body in the parts bin, I think I'll give it a closer look tomorrow. The Zica bodies have shorter thighs than the FTC bodies, which is a plus for the modifications I'm making but the calves are much more slender. I'm worried that the boots won't fit the same way. The Dr. Mego body might just be a happy medium, thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

• daz71
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2014

this is a lion rock figure bulked up a bit just to show size at the side of a regular figure.
          P1000949.jpg

Comment

• Apjac Corny
            Museum Super Collector
            • Jan 12, 2016

Originally posted by daz71
            this is a lion rock figure bulked up a bit just to show size at the side of a regular figure.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]18260[/ATTACH]
            It looks like the padded suit idea is going to work out fine on the Lion Rock body.

I'm have trouble finding suitable material for the "P" on mine. The cosplay specific material that they sell at Jo-Anns that I like to work with doesn't seem to come in orange. Heading to Hobby Lobby tonight to find a substitute.

Comment

• Riderfan
              Megos are cool
              • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by daz71
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]18260[/ATTACH]
              I think you're on to something there Chief...

Comment

• Riderfan
                Megos are cool
                • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by Apjac Corny
                It looks like the padded suit idea is going to work out fine on the Lion Rock body.

I'm have trouble finding suitable material for the "P" on mine. The cosplay specific material that they sell at Jo-Anns that I like to work with doesn't seem to come in orange. Heading to Hobby Lobby tonight to find a substitute.
                What about a sticker from Paul at Laser Mego?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

^ I was just going to suggest that, he's ingenious.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• daz71
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2014

Originally posted by Riderfan
                    What about a sticker from Paul at Laser Mego?
                    that's what i was going to suggest keith.

Comment

• Apjac Corny
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jan 12, 2016

My attempt at finding a suitable fabric in the proper color last night was a waste of time & money

Laser Mego Sounds interesting, must investigate if my failures continue.

I ordered some orange vinyl last night and with be making a template today, if I find the time to get my work bench cleaned up.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎