X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silveralex
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 22, 2012

Getting the hang of it ...

OK, this is probably no big deal to most, but for me it's a big step.

My customizing till now has been changing heads and costumes

Over the past few weeks, I've acquired some extra T2 headless bodies. These were sometimes thrown into a deal or in 1 case someone on eBay sent me the wrong thing - they then sent me the right one and told me to keep the previous one. (nice of them)

I ended up with 3 T2 bodies : a Trek body (very loose and I wanted a std T2), a body that was fine except for a broken thigh peg and so it was in pieces, and another body that had a badly cracked torso.

Hadn't planned to do anything with them, but for the heck of it, started playing around.
    After reading the helpful "how to repair a T2" doc here at the Museum:
    - I took apart the cracked one, keeping the good legs, arms, and bands
    - Took apart the trek one and put it back together using the legs from the one above
    - Used a thigh hook from the trek one to fix the one that was in pieces
    - Got the 2 knee pins out of the trek legs for future use

So I now have 2 very nice, tight T2 bodies and a couple of knee pins I can use. (and extra arms/legs)

Feeling crazy over-confident, I then went back to my Retro Action figures and decided to see if I could remove the forearms, so I could use the hands I wanted on T2 bodies (green lantern/sinestro rings, etc).

Did this for 5 figures: Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Captain Cold, and Sinestro.
    Moved the Mattel heads, forearms/hands, and costumes to T2 bodies successfully.

So I'm feelin' full of Mego-might
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Sounds cool. Now, bring on the pics!!
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
      Mighty Man/Monster Maker
      • Aug 14, 2007

All power to the customizer!

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
      https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• silveralex
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 22, 2012

OK, some pics:

First, here's a pic showing Sinestro with shirt off (down, ladies) so you can see the head and forearms which were attached, as they are diffferent shade of purple/red. I put his arms and head on a Dr. Mego red body.

Then the same pic for Hal. Hal 's head and forearms are on a T2 body, as are the other 3 customs I did here.

And a group shot of all the ones I did :

Only had 2 mishaps thoughout all the swaps.

On Green Arrow, the very last one I did, I must have boiled his head a bit longer than normal and wasn't patient enough, so that I actually ripped him from the plug Yes, a $40 mistake! For the heck of it I thought I'd fish out the rest of the plug still in the Mattel body and try attaching it to the head via SuperGlue.

I did this and allowed it to set for about an hr. I then put it into a T2 body and surprisingly it seems to work fine. I can rotate the head and everything. Whew!

The other issue I had was that I couldnt seem to push out the the elbow pins on the Dr.Mego red body the way I had done all the T2 ones. I eventually got the forearms off, but broke the pins. Luckily, I had Mego pins from some extra arms (mentioned earlier in my 1st post), so I used those to attach Sinestro's forearms to the red body.

I know Doc has knee pins, but does anyone make replacement elbow pins? Is there some common thing that can be used instead?

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎