X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galaxyexplorer42
    Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
    • Mar 3, 2010

Thanks Ivanski-
    And thanks gootie29 for actually starting this thread...its really informative for me. Does anyone know if I can use my Doc Mego resin heads I bought to actually make the rotocast (rubbery) heads? Like, instead of sculpting and baking my own. I'm not a sculptor. If I get the chemicals kit that makes the "rubbery" ones, can I use the the Doc Mego resin heads to make the rubbery ones? I want the rubbery ones that you just squish into the bodies. I don't want to have to carve and whittle the ones I bought....
    Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
      House of a thousand Megos
      • Aug 10, 2009

I use a lighter and heat up the neck plug to make it fit. I sometimes crack open the doc mego body and glue it back with crazy glue. The doc mego heads fit in the original mego bodies the best in my opinion. I just ordered 4 super Joe heads from Doc today.
      Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• gootie29
        • Mar 8, 2010

Thanks to everybody for all of your tips and tricks. I ended up dremeling the neck holes of my figures and then dremeling the neck posts a bit just to get a decent fit. I ended up popping the torso apart a bit in the process but no breakage and they were easy enough to glue back together. The guys are still works in progress but a good start. Thanks again!

Champion_1 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

For resin heads I trim 'em down and notch the neck plug in quartered sections. That way you can slide it in by starting at one of the notches. Trimming the neck hole helps if the head's plug is large. And if you screw it right up; file off the lip from the head, attach a tiny eyebolt into the bottom of the head, and loop an elasticized cord through the eyebolt and around the leg joints.

Don C.

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
            House of a thousand Megos
            • Aug 10, 2009

Thats a good idea the eyebolt technique I will have to try that if the plug is messed up.
            Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎