Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain_Mego
    Vet.
    • May 22, 2007

Hey Greag Im tired of posting but here are a couple more. I like to enjoy the game if thats ok with you buddy.

Here you go greag a body I sculpted from head to toe

Last edited by Captain_Mego; Jan 24, '10, 4:50 PM.

Comment

• Captain_Mego
      Vet.
      • May 22, 2007

As I stated above Sorry for this...But why bash me dude ...why single me out, When you dont know what your talking about . I have plenty more to show but No point and tired of wasteing my time for you to have a laugh. Remeber Greag bash away wont stop my work but It did however inspire me to do more and better. thanks buddy

Comment

• Captain_Mego
        Vet.
        • May 22, 2007

heres another one for you ...mine agin

Hey greag please post pic of charlees wolverine compared to mine. I want to get some pointers please .
        Im still in my hack stage and need your words of wiosdom.
        Last edited by Captain_Mego; Jan 24, '10, 4:58 PM.

Comment

• Captain_Mego
          Vet.
          • May 22, 2007

Keep in mind I never bashed anyones work or even commented on it but Im not your door mat.

Comment

• Captain_Mego
            Vet.
            • May 22, 2007

Man heres another sculpt of a bust:

Comment

• Captain_Mego
              Vet.
              • May 22, 2007

Why single me out Greag?

Comment

• Captain_Mego
                Vet.
                • May 22, 2007

I have done nothing to anyone and feel I dont diserve to be singled out.
                It's easy to critisize others work when not to subject yourself to critisium.
                Why don't you sculpt a head and show us all where we went wrong?
                You seem to know the most about it.
                Last edited by Captain_Mego; Jan 24, '10, 5:39 PM.

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                  Flatt was a pioneer....but like all pioneers they are eventually surpassed by those who come later. It's like saying anything Henry Ford produced is better than the vehicles that are cranked out of the car industry today. Pound for pound, you're getting a better deal price-wise and a better likeness IMO from guys like the aforementioned Type 3 Toys, Black Knight, Captain Mego and other guys.

Well said Anthony! That about sums up my feelings on this subject as well. Charlie was a pioneer...but these other Guys have passed him.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Captain_Mego
                    Vet.
                    • May 22, 2007

I want to apologise to all the other guys here for this post. I am sorry. But this is why I don't come around much.
                    I dont like to subject my hard work for one or two guys to defame and bash it with back handed comments. My fellow artist all work hard on their work and do the best they can do as I do myself.It sucks to have someone bash all the hard work you have put into something meant to bring joy to people that love the art of customizing. It always seems like it is a guy that doesnt make anything.
                    Last edited by Captain_Mego; Jan 24, '10, 5:52 PM.

Comment

• supes
                      For the love of Mego's!
                      • Jan 19, 2004

Captain Mego, those are freakin' AWESOME!! I think that might be my favorite custom Batman, just plain wicked. Keep up the awesome work I love looking at your stuff! Your Ironman's are incredible also!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• blastphemey
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 11, 2008

you guys, there is nothing you can say about charlee flatts work. it is so good and no body compares to him at making action figures.
                        this is why he will be become president this upcoming march, and will star in his own hit movie:the ballad of a mortal god.

Comment

• Anarchy
                          Career Member
                          • May 26, 2009

Originally posted by Captain_Mego
                          Hey Anarchy ....I dont know why it seems to be ok to bash me and my work but thats fine. You might know alot about charlee but nothing about me. First off I sculpt a lot of my headsi. And yes I do realise you are trying to protect your investment in charlees work but dont bash me to do so. Im am tired of the russ lies about him doing all my work. I was here a long time before Russ and was posting pics of my work in progress ...such as my body and sculpts. You can bash me all you want but that wont stop my work. And it takes nothing away from my talent as a sculptor. I just finished a sculpt not too long ago for a comic book company. Not bad for a ****** like me A. I almost never defend myself or my work but enough is enough. thanks pal.
                          Chris noone is bashing your work its a fact you use boosted heads, some of your best figures have them, indiana jones, green arrow (dc 9 inch head), superman i have a custom with the same head you used, dude calm down, but making people think you sculpt all your stuff is not cool, why pay 400 for a figure when you can buy all the parts you use for about 50. chris i like some of your figures, your dr doom is sweet, so are your iron mans

Greg
                          Last edited by Anarchy; Jan 24, '10, 6:45 PM.
                          Check out my website dedicated to custom as well as classic and modern action figures! My Charlee Flatt Dedicated website

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

OK, after seeing Captain Mego's stuff he kicks charlee's butt. That Batman is dead perfect.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Captain_Mego
                              Vet.
                              • May 22, 2007

Hey Greag first off I never said a word..secondly I made it no secrete I use heads from time to time....No one has been dishonest ...you questioned that i sculpt nothing. Why not put your money where your mouth is and challenge me to a sculpting contest. Your work aginst mine? Notice he says nothing about the sculpts i did post. what a jerk

Comment

• Anarchy
                                Career Member
                                • May 26, 2009

Originally posted by The Phantom
                                Hey Captain Mego, truth be told, I really wouldn't put too much stock in what Anarchy has to say. Just by reading his posts, you can tell he's not the brightest bulb in the box.

I think if Jesus Christ himself put up a custom, he probably would think that it wasn't as good as CF's because he didn't pay $800 for it.

He seems to be under the impression that the Flatt Sinestro head that he showed is better than the one Crimson Ghost did, and just by looking at the two, you can see that they're worlds apart(all 52 of them).

But hey, to each his own. I'm all for the eye of the beholder theory, but that door also swings both ways.

I dig your stuff. I also like alot of the work I see on this forum. There's no shortage of talent here.

What I don't get is (and this is directed to no one in particular), why is kitbashing such a crime?

I think it's great to see a custom that's made from scratch. But it's also cool to see a figure that's made from different pieces. It doesn't have to be a head from Russ, or a shrunken/enlarged one, it could be a modified one from Mego, CTVT, LJN, whatever.
                                If you can do it yourself, great, but if there's one that would be perfect for the character you're doing, why try to reinvent the wheel?

Same goes for bodies,costumes and accessories. I say if it works, by all means use it.

A good example would be the Mattel Green Arrow bow. A lot of people didn't like the boxing glove so they wanted to just replace it. Instead of doing that, Brian Leitner(bleit1701) cut the plastic string and arrow off and strung nylon cord through it, and it was perfect.
                                Now he didn't go as far as sculpt a new bow to serve his purpose, he corrected what he thought was wrong, and as a result, it worked perfect AND it looked (and was) factory.

my point is, sometimes it's better to work with your head than your hands.

Not everyone can do it all. But if you have the right people doing what's needed, you CAN assemble a complete whole that you can be proud of, because you brought it all together.

Just a thought.
                                really man? that superman head is terrible, the green lantern head sucks and that sinestro looks like well just bad, i think im one of the only ones that has the balls to say it. they are, and yeah if you look at the two sinesro heads you can tell which one is better and its not th mattel one. Chris i was not bashing you, just making a point some of your heads are boosted, its a fact.
                                Check out my website dedicated to custom as well as classic and modern action figures! My Charlee Flatt Dedicated website

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎