X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KnightDetective
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 31, 2012

Scott wants cowboy figures? Me, too!

The following is a long-winded, rambling epic about me wanting a few B-movie style Western figures or at least parts to make some. That's all. No big deal. There. Saved you some reading time!

I'm going to leave the original draft below for the "wall of text" tolerant!

I enjoyed the Plastic Jam Year In Review stream on the Brick Mantooth Youtube channel last night. Brian, Frank, Scott and guest Jason of White Elephant Toyz discussed the upcoming Lincoln Monsters/Studios Project, which will merchandise the output of an imaginary, deliriously cheesy, grade z knockoff movie studio. So much potential! Budget allowing, I'm all in. They know what I like!

At one point in the video, Scott mentions being heavy into the old westerns on streaming and asked about figures. I just about jumped out of my seat. Been dying to suggest this. I've used quality Castaway parts for B-movie cowboy customs to great effect. (Deeply regretted missing out on the Paco re-pops.) Kept watching the KC's Galloping Gals store page, hoping for some expansion. If anyone could do this well, it would be White Elephant/KC's.

If licensing and money were no object, I'd welcome figures like the Lone Ranger, Cisco Kid, Hopalong Cassidy or even lesser-known personal favorites like Col. Tim McCoy and Bob Steele, both of whom also did some Westerns with sci-fi and serial elements. Failing that, generic or "inspired by" cowboys would do nicely. Not asking for a big, involved line or anything. The occasional one-off would suit me fine. If that's not viable, I'd be happy with a modest selection of nice parts and maybe some vintage looking square-jawed head sculpts.

Would they sell? Maybe. We introduced the younger cousins to Westerns some time ago. Surprisingly, they couldn't get enough, and they specifically asked for figures. One older kid wondered why subchannels like Grit and MeTV weren't promoting cowboy merchandise on air.

By the way, for Lincoln Studios, how about cowboy apes? Sagebrush Simians? Cheyenne Chimpanzees? Rawhide 'rangutans? Gunsmoke Gorillas? Ahem, sorry, just a thought, I'll show myself out!

• monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Western/Cowboy action figures always sell. It is in American's culture, what stops them is the price. If you could get websites or even store like Cracker Barrel to carry them the price should make them affordable. One of the nice things is most of the real characters are in public domain so that cuts down on the price.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• KnightDetective
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 31, 2012

Monitor, I envy your ability to express yourself so concisely!

As you allude to above, discoverability is a factor as well. Being only online can be a challenge. Happily, their business model offers them unique flexibility as compensation!

I've been delighted with past offerings from both Brian and Jason, individually. They may not enjoy the economies of scale but their pricing has been pretty reasonable considering they are not awash in corporate funds and resources. Maybe I can't "collect 'em all", but I'm looking forward to whatever they come out with.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

Think about it. If somebody where to release Bass Reeves & Grant Johnson before Paramount show and had them at Cracker Barrel or western websites, it would have given the Western ReMego another chance. th (11).jpg
        th (12).jpg
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• KnightDetective
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 31, 2012

Originally posted by monitor_ep
          Think about it. If somebody where to release Bass Reeves & Grant Johnson before Paramount show and had them at Cracker Barrel or western websites, it would have given the Western ReMego another chance.
          Yup! A short promo ad during the show wouldn't hurt, either!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎