X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darkmonkeygod
    replied
    Originally posted by Count_Popula
    Cool, thanks for the info. To ebay I go! I must ... "collect them all!"
    They're available, but they certainly aren't cheap. Best of luck!

Leave a comment:

• Goblin19
    replied
    Monsterizer is extremely exciting news.

Leave a comment:

• Count_Popula
    replied
    Cool, thanks for the info. To ebay I go! I must ... "collect them all!"

Leave a comment:

• darkmonkeygod
    replied
    Originally posted by Count_Popula
    I've seen recent pics & reviews of the Remco style Drac, Phantom and Creature, all of which look great! Much better than wave 1, IMO. But I'm still unclear when the new wave is actually being released?
    The Creature was a San Diego Comic-Con exclusive, the Phantom New York Comic Con. Both have already been sold out via NECA's website. Dracula is currently on their site - as of this writing = as a pre-order. The Monsterizer hasn't had its details released yet.

Leave a comment:

• Count_Popula
    replied
    I've seen recent pics & reviews of the Remco style Drac, Phantom and Creature, all of which look great! Much better than wave 1, IMO. But I'm still unclear when the new wave is actually being released?

Leave a comment:

• Count_Popula
    replied
    Wow, I always wanted a Remco "Monsterizer" and never got one. Gonna need this new homage!

Leave a comment:

• B-Lister
    replied
    Monsterizer is coming.

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    Oh yeah, sorry. I did see those in person. They looked fantastic! Love the vinyl capes on Drac and Phantom. I have the first three, so I have to get those as well. I keep those carded.

Leave a comment:

• Count_Popula
    replied
    Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    I picked up the black and white Dracula at Power Con, but I want the color too, because due to the extra heads with the color version, and the monochromatic look of the B&W Drac's opera costume, I can display both with my other color monsters. Still need to get the Bride and the Invisible Man of the ones currently released.
    It gets a little confusing bc I think NECA is releasing different versions of the Monsters, but the ones I'm referring to are the Remco homage figures. They previewed the new wave at Power Con and they look awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    I picked up the black and white Dracula at Power Con, but I want the color too, because due to the extra heads with the color version, and the monochromatic look of the B&W Drac's opera costume, I can display both with my other color monsters. Still need to get the Bride and the Invisible Man of the ones currently released.

Leave a comment:

• Count_Popula
    replied
    I passed on wave 1 of this line. But I saw wave 2 this past weekend at Power Con, and they look great! Dracula, the Phantom and The Creature have convinced me to buy.

Leave a comment:

• JamesB.
    replied
    I forgot to post this sooner, but here is an article I wrote for RUE MORGUE Magazine on NECA's new Remco-inspired Retro Glow-in-the-Dark Universal Monsters figures, along with some of the photos I took for the piece.

Hope you enjoy the article and the images!

-James

Leave a comment:

• Megotastrophe
    replied
    Always good to see Universal Monsters product.

Leave a comment:

• Type3Toys
    replied
    Interesting...

Leave a comment:

• NECA teases Universal Monsters Ultimates in Remco glow

It being six months until Halloween, NECA has declared May "Monster Mayhem" month and, just as it sounds, they're selling and previewing Monsters. Most recently using what looks like a 1980 vintage Remco Universal Studios Monsters Monsterizer from the 9 inch monster-crush doll line to tease their Universal Monsters Ultimates in Remco glowing mini-monster style. All of which I find wonderful, and am betting they use b&w images on their boxes, like Remco did on the mini-monster cards.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdOWUfFrRWb/
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎