X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by noelani72
    hmpf. I messaged them yesterday asking..
    they replied only to say orders would be shipping within the next two weeks.
    sersly? what the heck did I pay that $16 in shipping for then?
    I dunno...kinda salty thinking this is a 3-4 week deal.
    I’m jaded by the Internet. I expect it now now now
    Yeah. That's pretty bad. It has added insult by the manner in which they sold the product on a limited basis each day. If you have 54 pieces to sell one day and 34 the next, I expect that to be ready-to-ship items going out the door and not some superficial number pulled from nothing to simply invoke the purchase. Clearly marketing by it's very nature is going to do that on some level, but I think they trampled the license of good taste by fluffing that perspective of availability and sticking it on the shipping price for good measure. I'm miffed as well.

Comment

• noelani72
      27inaleon
      • Jun 25, 2002

^^agreed.
      This is my first time having an issue with NECA.
      I can admit I am impatient, but it seems like confusion of it being a SDCC sale created the issue.
      I envision it being a 3rd party middleman who took orders and now has to get NECA to fulfill...even though it apparently was NECA who sold em?
      I dunno...just seems like a cluster-you-know-what...

Comment

• gummi
        Career Member
        • Dec 2, 2009

Well, that sucks. I've never had an issue with NECA either. I had last year's Super Freddy figure by the end of the week if I remember right. Hopefully there's not a major issue with the orders.
        "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

According to what Randy's been noting via Twitter, they are only a 3 or 4 days behind the originally announced schedule. Meaning, until the team returned from SDCC, no product would be going out. I never read anything about orders being shipped during the Con… but I was only paying attention to POTA intel, perhaps you guys heard different on these products?

I'm also reading elsewhere that order status are starting to show "shipped." Good news for all!

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Confessional
            According to what Randy's been noting via Twitter, they are only a 3 or 4 days behind the originally announced schedule. Meaning, until the team returned from SDCC, no product would be going out. I never read anything about orders being shipped during the Con… but I was only paying attention to POTA intel, perhaps you guys heard different on these products?

I'm also reading elsewhere that order status are starting to show "shipped." Good news for all!
            Thanks! Well that certainly gives this some perspective. Hopefully folks will start getting them shortly and we'll see the goods!

Comment

• VulcansFury
              Museum Patron
              • Mar 6, 2014

My tracking label was created back on the 17th but UPS hasnt received it to ship yet. I'm a bit disapointed as I've already found this in TRU a few times already but it was bought online for me as a gift. I just hope I get a good paint job since more than a few I saw had racoon eyes.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

I got a shipping notice on the 17th. I've tried to find it at different TRU stores without success, so I'm glad I was able to mail order this one. Every time I go into a TRU store, there's scalpers hanging around in those areas.

Comment

• noelani72
                  27inaleon
                  • Jun 25, 2002

I got my shipping notice as well.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                    Career Member
                    • Apr 30, 2015

Originally posted by MIB41
                    Every time I go into a TRU store, there's scalpers hanging around in those areas.
                    Those people should be scalped.

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Yeah. The days of me hunting for stuff at stores is about past me. I'm too accustom now to getting my stuff online. The store experience is pretty much reserved for my grandson these days. I think the old days of companies short stocking brick and mortar stores is no longer an enticement for me. To much work for this old man.

Comment

• gummi
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 2, 2009

For those of you that got your shipping notice, has anyone's package actually shipped? Like other posters, my shipping label was created on the 17th and UPS is still not in possession of the package.
                        "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Comment

• noelani72
                          27inaleon
                          • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by gummi
                          For those of you that got your shipping notice, has anyone's package actually shipped? Like other posters, my shipping label was created on the 17th and UPS is still not in possession of the package.
                          psht...yea, just looked and it is only the label creation. UPS has not taken possession yet.
                          I will never do this again. NECA’s eBay account is how I typically buy their stuff, or if we see it in TRU...but getting to a TRU is 50 miles away and I changed jobs this week, so hitting one is going to be far few and between now.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Tracking information just updated. It left California early this morning after having a label made for it on the 17th. For $12.00 shipping, it better move relatively fast from that point until delivery. Deplore UPS. Would have much preferred USPS. I hope it arrives in one piece and not in a mangled box.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                              Career Member
                              • Apr 30, 2015

^^ You think someone would have the sense enough to send something like this in a box.
                              There are a few darling retailers over here that would think nothing of sending items in a Jiffy bag. I've been on the end of one or two of those.

Comment

• Confessional
                                Maker & Whatnot
                                • Aug 8, 2012

Received this morning:

We are aiming to get all the orders out by the end of the week, we have been processing thousands of these SDCC orders along with our normal daily orders, because of the large volume of orders there has been a delay. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎