Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Million Dollar Man Aciton Figures Wave 2 Images!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Boshek
    So is Mr. X going to be his official name?

P.s. I would love a Austin in a blue denim outfit like the bionic mission set.
    Yes, Mr X is the official name, just like it was in the actual TV episode.

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
    Any chance of a new headsculpt for Austin? I'd like to see one that reflected his different hairstyle/mustache season.
    Yes, the Steve Austin in khaki outfit will get a new headsculpt but a mustache version isn't planned.

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

SMDM Wave 2 Mr. X (Dolenz Robot)

The Six Million Dollar Man wave 2 reveal #5, Mr. X (Dolenz Robot)! The face will be removable on the actual figure to reveal the robotics. That feature is still be tweaked which is why it's not shown in the image.

Comment

• megonaught
        Career Member
        • Jan 29, 2008

Damn those sculpts look great.
        Awesome Craig.
        Action Jackson is his name.
        Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 12, 2004

Are there any plans to release a Steve figure where you can actually see bionic components?

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
            Are there any plans to release a Steve figure where you can actually see bionic components?
            At this time no, there isn't. The last two figures planned for the line are Steve Austin in khaki outfit and a Fembot. After that I want to focus on getting the Venus Probe vehicle and O.S.I. Headquarters playset produced.

Craig

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
              • Feb 19, 2010

wow. Just wow. Craig I hope after seeing these figures that if Universal ever allows it that you can do classic Battlestar Galactica. If the other companies could see your work I belive that they would give you the licences for so many other properties. So hyped for death probe. Again wow. Just wow.

Comment

• starsky
                veteran member
                • Aug 26, 2007

Originally posted by ZICA
                At this time no, there isn't. The last two figures planned for the line are Steve Austin in khaki outfit and a Fembot. After that I want to focus on getting the Venus Probe vehicle and O.S.I. Headquarters playset produced.

Craig
                so the last two figures will be wave 3?

Comment

• starsky
                  veteran member
                  • Aug 26, 2007

Originally posted by ZICA
                  The Six Million Dollar Man wave 2 reveal #5, Mr. X (Dolenz Robot)! The face will be removable on the actual figure to reveal the robotics. That feature is still be tweaked which is why it's not shown in the image.

mr. x looks outstanding and unmistakenly john saxon!

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by classicgalacticalover
                    wow. Just wow. Craig I hope after seeing these figures that if Universal ever allows it that you can do classic Battlestar Galactica. If the other companies could see your work I belive that they would give you the licences for so many other properties. So hyped for death probe. Again wow. Just wow.
                    Thanks! I'd love to get a shot at classic Battlestar Galactica, hopefully that will happen at some point.

Originally posted by starsky
                    so the last two figures will be wave 3?
                    Yes, pretty much. The development cost on the Venus Probe and O.S.I Headquarters playset will be expensive so I'll need to focus my budget on those. However, if I see an opportunity I'd be open to the idea of making a few more characters.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Since the limbs are removable on these are there plans for anything like mission packs with bionic limbs and extra accessories? Those were always really fun.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Jeff Cope
                        Museum Patron
                        • Jun 11, 2013

Mr. X looks fantastic! Really sharp work, Craig. Is this the same former-Kenner sculptor who did Steve and Bigfoot?

These cannot come out fast enough!

And, yes, I also would love, love, love you to take on classic Battlestar Galactica!

Comment

• VulcansFury
                          Museum Patron
                          • Mar 6, 2014

Here's another vote for you to get the classic Battlestar Galactica license!

One thing I've noticed is that wave 1 Steve looks like a completely different style of headsculpt compared to the wave 2 headsculpts. Wave 1 looks more vintage Kenner, and wave 2 looks more modern. But I absolutely love wave 2 and wish every retro figure looked as good (coughFunkocough)

Comment

• megonaught
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 29, 2008

Count me in for classic Battlestar if they are done like this.
                            Would love to have Apollo, Starbuck and Boomer in their Warriors uniform.
                            Theirs so much that could be done.
                            How about a Buck Rogers tv line?

Originally posted by VulcansFury
                            Here's another vote for you to get the classic Battlestar Galactica license!

One thing I've noticed is that wave 1 Steve looks like a completely different style of headsculpt compared to the wave 2 headsculpts. Wave 1 looks more vintage Kenner, and wave 2 looks more modern. But I absolutely love wave 2 and wish every retro figure looked as good (coughFunkocough)
                            Action Jackson is his name.
                            Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
                              • Feb 19, 2010

Craig, will the wave three Steve in khaki have his famous belt buckle? Again I have to say I have not been this excited for action figures like this in a really long while. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Also can we petition Universal for you to acquire the Battlestar rights?

Comment

• Brown Bear
                                Still Old School
                                • Feb 14, 2008

Wow, you nailed John Saxon's likeness. Another homerun guys!
                                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎