Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Million Dollar Man Aciton Figures Wave 2 Images!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JFAWWE
    • Feb 4, 2008

Craig could you share your idea(s) for Six Million Dollar Man inspired villains?

Any chance we could see some generic figures like a General and the President of the United States?

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JFAWWE
      Craig could you share your idea(s) for Six Million Dollar Man inspired villains?

Any chance we could see some generic figures like a General and the President of the United States?
      I'm still tossing a few ideas around but for now I think it would be best to keep quite on them. I'd rather not put expectations out there and not be able to follow through them.

Craig

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Would it be possible to add Henry Jones' Dr. Dolenz as another villain? You could reuse the Rudy body, with a new head sculpt?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          Would it be possible to add Henry Jones' Dr. Dolenz as another villain? You could reuse the Rudy body, with a new head sculpt?
          It's possible, and I might add the character to wave 3.

Comment

• starsky
            veteran member
            • Aug 26, 2007

craig, just curious as to how many waves we can look forward too? i'm really diggin this line and don't want it to end!!!

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by starsky
              craig, just curious as to how many waves we can look forward too? i'm really diggin this line and don't want it to end!!!
              Wave 3 will probably be the last one since I want to focus on getting the Venus Probe and O.S.I Headquarters playset produced.

Comment

• Boshek
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 26, 2011

So wave three looks like: Khaki Steve, Fembot, Dr. Dolenz.

How about a poll here for the fourth spot? I am sure the folks here would love the chance to choose their favorite!
                Check out my YouTube page

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 30, 2012

A little OT, but I've almost completed a custom "bionic surgery" Steve Austin using a Microman Godzilla KM-04 figure with a skin tone repaint. Painted the right arm and the legs(from the knees down) silver for the bionics. The bionic arm is removable. I also put together a small hospital bed and am thinking of making a miniature box for the bionic arm just like in the original TV movie.

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Boshek
                    So wave three looks like: Khaki Steve, Fembot, Dr. Dolenz.

How about a poll here for the fourth spot? I am sure the folks here would love the chance to choose their favorite!
                    Steve in khakis and a Fembot are the only two figures I definitely have planned for wave 3, and you can expect to have variants of the Fembot. Dr. Dolenz might be included and possibly more variants of existing figures. However, getting the Venus Proble and O.S.I Headquarters playset to the prototype phase it's what's most important. The development cost on both of these, especially the Venus Probe, will not be cheap.

Comment

• Boshek
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 26, 2011

I can't wait for the office; it is more important to have it than the probe since it will be a great place to display the figures. Will it be mostly the same as the vintage one or more like the tv show?
                      Check out my YouTube page

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
                        • Feb 19, 2010

Personally if I had to choose between the headquarters or the venus probe I would pick the probe. I always wanted the kenner version but since that will never happen I would like Craig's vision of the toy. I think that Zica will hit it out of the park with the attention to detail Craig insists upon. Zica rocks!

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Boshek
                          I can't wait for the office; it is more important to have it than the probe since it will be a great place to display the figures. Will it be mostly the same as the vintage one or more like the tv show?
                          The plan is to have the Venus Probe be a scaled down version of the original Kenner toy. I think the nostalgia aspect of using the original Kenner design will improve the odds of it selling well.

Comment

• starsky
                            veteran member
                            • Aug 26, 2007

i'm looking forward to it. any rough estimate what the price point will be for the venus probe?

Comment

• ZICA
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by starsky
                              i'm looking forward to it. any rough estimate what the price point will be for the venus probe?
                              Until I know the development and tooling cost I couldn't even guess at a price point.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                                SynthoRes Transmigrator
                                • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by ZICA
                                The plan is to have the Venus Probe be a scaled down version of the original Kenner toy. I think the nostalgia aspect of using the original Kenner design will improve the odds of it selling well.
                                Damn skippy it will and I'll be in line. Finally will get to own one even if it's a smaller scale. Now what would be cool is seeing come in a box like the Kenner version.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎