Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Million Dollar Man Action Figures Official Announcement!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff Cope
    Museum Patron
    • Jun 11, 2013

Yeah, my Alien set arrived today and they're lonely and want some retro-friends to play with :-)

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by bgiles73
      Has there been any update on when these will be getting to us? I have the Super 7/Funko Alien set and I know I'm going to love this SMDM line! I also can't wait to see what else Zica might have planned. There is definitely a lot of interest in this type of action figures out there at the moment!
      Originally posted by Jeff Cope
      Yeah, my Alien set arrived today and they're lonely and want some retro-friends to play with :-)
      According the most recent shipping update I got the figures should be in a Louisville, KY warehouse tomorrow. From there they will be shipped to my warehouse in Falmouth, KY. Based on past experience, I feel like I'll have them in hand and filling orders by the 14th. The shipment got held up in customs when it arrived in California which is why there's been an additional delay.

I've got the Super 7 Alien ReAction figures and they're fantastic! I'm really excited to see this format/scale being so well received with collectors!

Craig

Comment

• starsky
        veteran member
        • Aug 26, 2007

can't wait craig! will i be able to buy directly from you as well?

Comment

• Jeff Cope
          Museum Patron
          • Jun 11, 2013

Fantastic update, Craig. I know you must be as anxious, if not moreso, to get these products out in to people's hands as we are to get them.

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by starsky
            can't wait craig! will i be able to buy directly from you as well?
            Yes, I'll be selling them on ebay and the ZICA Toys website. However, you're going to get the best price by ordering them through Entertainment Earth or Big Bad Toy Store. Reason being is because they're still offering the 3 figure set at the special pre-order promo price:

Entertainment Earth

Big Bad Toy Store

The regular SRP on the Steve Austin blue variant figure will be $25.00 because it's a limited edition. By ordering a set through either one of these sites you're getting the figure for $10.00.

Originally posted by Jeff Cope
            Fantastic update, Craig. I know you must be as anxious, if not moreso, to get these products out in to people's hands as we are to get them.
            Truer words have never been spoken my friend.

Comment

• bgiles73
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 14, 2010

I hope that some of these Funko lines will generate some interest in playsets. I'm excited that SMDM playsets are being considered! I wish the Super 7/ Funko Alien set would get an egg chamber set at least. I'm also really curious to see what a Funko Alien Queen will be like! Have you given any more thoughts to another licensed property like SMDM, Craig? I am very much hoping that you will be the one to bring us figures from V!

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

I hope that some of these Funko lines will generate some interest in playsets. I'm excited that SMDM playsets are being considered! I wish the Super 7/ Funko Alien set would get an egg chamber set at least. I'm also really curious to see what a Funko Alien Queen will be like! Have you given any more thoughts to another licensed property like SMDM, Craig? I am very much hoping that you will be the one to bring us figures from V!
                An egg chamber playset would be perfect, especially if it was done in the same design as Kenner's Land of the Jawas and Hoth Ice Planet playsets. I've been giving a lot of thought to other licensed properties like the SMDM, and yes, V would be one of my top choices.

Comment

• bgiles73
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 14, 2010

Awesome that V is a top choice ! I really hope something happens with that license as I've always wanted figures from that show. I've heard that Funko has X-Files and Classic Star Trek joining the ranks of their ReAction figures so that's two of my dream lines possibly happening in 2014. I hope Zica grabs a license for two of my other dream lines Logan's Run and Magnum PI. I wonder which other toy company are going to be kicking themselves for not trying to get into the retro 3 3/4" craze? DST? Ahem...hmm? Lol ......and just for curiosity's sake would a small line of say, maybe Three's Company or Sanford and Son 3 3/4" figures stand even the remotest chance of ever happening? Those shows were a very big part of mine and my brothers' child hood and I'd very much like to have some memorabilia from them!

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Awesome that V is a top choice ! I really hope something happens with that license as I've always wanted figures from that show. I've heard that Funko has X-Files and Classic Star Trek joining the ranks of their ReAction figures so that's two of my dream lines possibly happening in 2014. I hope Zica grabs a license for two of my other dream lines Logan's Run and Magnum PI. I wonder which other toy company are going to be kicking themselves for not trying to get into the retro 3 3/4" craze? DST? Ahem...hmm? Lol ......and just for curiosity's sake would a small line of say, maybe Three's Company or Sanford and Son 3 3/4" figures stand even the remotest chance of ever happening? Those shows were a very big part of mine and my brothers' child hood and I'd very much like to have some memorabilia from them!
                    There's a few things going on behind the scenes that could prove to be very exciting news for fans and collectors of this new retro 3.75" scale. Naturally I can't say anything now but all will be revealed at Toy Fair.

I'm a fan of Three's Company and Sanford & Son myself but I'm not sure how well those properties would do as action figures. But you never know, it just might happen.

Comment

• bgiles73
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 14, 2010

Thanks for all the positive responses Craig. I have a feeling Toy Fair is going to be great this year! Zica and Funko are the two companies I'm looking most forward to hearing news from. Not a chance you would think about reviving another great retro idea? The Space Case:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNDU0/z/jIQAAOxyNo9Sp~77/$_3.JPG
                      Last edited by bgiles73; Jan 7, '14, 9:52 PM.

Comment

• ZICA
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2006

Thanks for all the positive responses Craig. I have a feeling Toy Fair is going to be great this year! Zica and Funko are the two companies I'm looking most forward to hearing news from. Not a chance you would think about reviving another great retro idea? The Space Case:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNDU0/z/jIQAAOxyNo9Sp~77/$_3.JPG
                        Looks like you may have been reading David's mind at some point with the Space Case idea.

Comment

• bgiles73
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 14, 2010

Woo Hoo! Looks like we are all on a roll here. Very much looking forward to giving y'all a good bit of business this year! Thank you to both you and David for all that y'all are doing.

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Woo Hoo! Looks like we are all on a roll here. Very much looking forward to giving y'all a good bit of business this year! Thank you to both you and David for all that y'all are doing.
                            Yes, I think 2014 will be the year for some really cool retro 3.75" action figure stuff.

I noticed the SMDM line isn't getting much love over on the Rebelscum boards. Looks like I'll have to join over there when the figures are finally released.

Comment

• bgiles73
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 14, 2010

I'll be sure to spread the word when I get my SMDM figures in from Big Bad Toystore! Some of those guys at Rebelscum just can't grasp the concept of 5 POA but I absolutely love the Alien ReAction wave as I know I'll also love The SMDM line. I notice on the trektoy.com forums it seems a lot of the collectors there aren't really aware or receptive of the 8" or 3 3/4" retro lines. I've tried to generate some interest in the Funko announcement about Star Trek Classic being added to the list of ReAction licenses and got another forum member trying to dispute the validity of the announcement! I'd certainly love to see you and David, and Brian@funko dropping in at those other sites too! I honestly think you guys are going to save the hobby by bringing it back to its roots. I can't understand some of these collectors that don't realize that Skylanders and Disney Infinity characters which are unarticulated action figures have pretty much sucked up all the retail dollars which used to go to action figures, playsets and ships.

Comment

• Jeff Cope
                                Museum Patron
                                • Jun 11, 2013

Craig, will the SMDM figures have peg holes on the feet?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎