Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Million Dollar Man Action Figures Official Announcement!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

It's not worth the effort gentlemen, door is being shut.

This was a really avoidable and stupid situation IMO.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Scousebadger
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by ZICA
      OK, I'll give it my best shot.

The reasoning behind the vintage Kenner design and aesthetics I've chosen for the line has already been explained so I won't bore anyone with those details again. Other than you, I've had two other people that I know of complain about the line. However, your method of complaining gets the "least amount of tact" reward by a long shot so congrats on that. If you would like to take a shot at doing what you consider to be a better job on the line I'll give you a checklist of what you'll need to do.

1. Find a reliable and trustworthy factory in China. There's plenty of them that are con artists and crooks so this might be a little tough.
      2. Contact NBCUniversal and negotiate the license contract.
      3. Have the financial resources to pay for the license, promotions, a sculptor, a graphic artist, tooling, the actual product and product liability insurance (very expensive).
      4. Once you have all of that taken care of you'll need to be sure that you've made arrangements to have the product shipped safely from China, and to have an reliable method of distribution once the product arrives in the US.

These are pretty much the basics but there will most likely be some unexpected BS you'll have to deal with along the way. Best of luck if you decide to give this a shot and I'll be happy to help if I can.

Craig
      Thanks for that Craig. I'm not an expert on toy manufacture and distribution, but I know that unless you're a massive organisation with deep pockets and teams of legal experts on hand you're going to have an uphill struggle creating product these days.

I don't think that slats7 will appreciate your explanation, even if you really didn't need to provide one.

He or she has decided that you're stupid, your products are stupid, and we're stupid for wanting to support you and buy your figures.

I agree that everyone is entitled to an opinion, but that doesn't excuse insulting people. And referencing Amazon reviews as a means of trying to justify rudeness is just childish. I have found people on this site, especially toy creators, to be polite, approachable and considerate. It's not too much to ask for people to give them the same consideration.

Unless all you're wanting to do is cause arguments.

Comment

• boss
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 18, 2003

I guess it took 6 years for his nerd rubberband to snap.
        Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I call it "Over-developed Sense of Entitlement Syndrome".

Vote with your dollar. Don't like it. Don't buy it. Feel strongly about it? Voice your opinion, and move on. But remember the Golden Rule. Would you want someone crapping all over something you worked very hard on? I think not.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Definitely voting with my dollar on these. I'm not,even a fan of 6mdm, but I preordered these on day 1. Stoked to hear they're coming in November!

I find it odd that any member of a forum dedicated to Mego wouldn't 'get it' with this line.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

I hope the line continues until we see guest appearance characters like George Foreman. Now THAT would be cool.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• bgiles73
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 14, 2010

Who was that ---hole? Gotta be a troll everywhere you go. I totally love all the work that Zica, Castaway, BBP, Emce and any others I might have missed are bringing back. I grew up in the golden age of action figures and I just love seeing a return of simple fun action figures. Thanks for all the hard work guys!

Comment

• Rich
                  • Jun 3, 2013

I love this SMDM line, and intend on buying every figure that is made. Keep up the great work Craig.

Comment

• Vintage Quixotic
                    • Feb 25, 2013

I'm loving this forum! That was cool when Zica laid out all that needs to be done to manufacture figures... Zica's proven itself to me - not that my opinion means anything, but I am pretty picky. I hope Buck gets the SMDM treatment!

Comment

• Remco Monster
                      GLOWS in the Dark!
                      • May 3, 2006

So far the response to the line has been overwhelmingly positive and I think it's going to do very well. The factory is working on the tooling now and and has already sent me some tooling sample images. I'm pretty confident that the figures will be available before the end of the year, possibly in November.
                      Excellent news!!! Bring 'em on!

Oh, and Zica, you should be on twitter!

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

I love the classic 3 3/4 inch Kenner look and style. I think the figures look great.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 30, 2012

Originally posted by slats7
                          Jeez. And I thought the BBP figures were bad. What's the point if you can't tell if Steve is bionic? Unlike the cover art, the prototype doesn't look anything like Majors; it looks like a regular guy in a molded red tracksuit. Again, no bionic limbs to be seen. Bigfoot looks like an exact duplicate of Kenner's design, which is unfortunate because the Kenner version didn't look anything like the TV Bigfoot. There's a reason why Kenner didn't go the Mego route with their action figures: because miniaturization wouldn't do the characters justice. Consider this an opportunity lost.
                          If you think you can make better figures, than stop complaining and put your money where your mouth is.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 30, 2012

Would be great to see Michael Austin, Kate Mason, Jim Castillian, and James Goldman from the first two reunion films produced as figures. Wonder which actor's likeness will be used for Rudy. There's three to choose from. Oh yeah, and Oliver Spencer from the original TV movie.

Comment

• Jeff Cope
                              Museum Patron
                              • Jun 11, 2013

I'm pretty confident that the figures will be available before the end of the year, possibly in November.
                              Now this is some pretty darn exciting news! Awesome!

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
                                Veteran Member
                                • Aug 14, 2012

I just preordered the first three figures today, from BBTS. Is Wednesday still the last day for the preorder promo special? If so, anyone who wants it better order soon. I waited till the last minute, because I was saving up, hoping to buy two sets, but with all the other toys I want coming out this month and next, I had to limit myself to just one set for now.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎