Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Million Dollar Man Action Figures Official Announcement!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by bgiles73
    Finally got my order in too! I can't wait until these are out. When will that be anyway?
    I'm aiming to have them out by December, possibly November. The factory is preparing to start on the tooling now.

Comment

• bgiles73
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 14, 2010

Awesome, I can't wait.

Comment

• Jeff Cope
        Museum Patron
        • Jun 11, 2013

This couldn't come at a better time. I just now found out that a theater here in Portland is going to be screening the 3 part crossover between SMDM and the Bionic Woman on the big screen on July 18th! Awesome!

Here's the info in case there's any other Portlanders reading this: http://hollywoodtheatre.org/bionic-battle/

Comment

• Scousebadger
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by Jeff Cope
          This couldn't come at a better time. I just now found out that a theater here in Portland is going to be screening the 3 part crossover between SMDM and the Bionic Woman on the big screen on July 18th! Awesome!

Here's the info in case there's any other Portlanders reading this: http://hollywoodtheatre.org/bionic-battle/
          WOW! Pity the Bionic Woman is a separate license

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

I wonder why the Bionic Woman is a separate license? She appeared on SMDM before she had her own series, just as Oscar Goldman and Rudy Wells, who both appeared in the Bionic Woman series later, yet they are available as part of the SMDM license while she is not.

Comment

• Scousebadger
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by enyawd72
              I wonder why the Bionic Woman is a separate license? She appeared on SMDM before she had her own series, just as Oscar Goldman and Rudy Wells, who both appeared in the Bionic Woman series later, yet they are available as part of the SMDM license while she is not.
              I don't know. I'm currently watching "Kill Oscar" and would love figures of Jaime, as well as Oscar and Rudy. Not to mention "moustache Steve Austin", Franklin plus robot Oscar and fembots Callaghan, Linda and Katy (the last 3 could be one black jumpsuit figure carded with different fembot heads and masks depending on the character).

Comment

• Rich
                • Jun 3, 2013

I would kill to have a Bionic Woman "Jaime Sommers" figure to go along with the SMDM line. It just seems like it should regardless.

Comment

• actjac01
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 17, 2009

I gotta say, Craig, I was a little cool on this 3/4" SMDM line, but after seeing those prototypes I gotta say...You Did It Again!
                  When am I gonna stop doubting you?
                  BRAVO on a job well done!
                  "...You can capture the Klingon & bring him back to the Enterprise!"

Comment

• Jeff Cope
                    Museum Patron
                    • Jun 11, 2013

We've got a great interview with Craig over at Action Figure Figure all about the SMDM line. You can pop over and check it out right here:

Enjoy!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Nice interview. I just can't stop staring at that card art. Some of the best to come down the action figure pipeline in ages.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• slats7
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jun 20, 2007

Jeez. And I thought the BBP figures were bad. What's the point if you can't tell if Steve is bionic? Unlike the cover art, the prototype doesn't look anything like Majors; it looks like a regular guy in a molded red tracksuit. Again, no bionic limbs to be seen. Bigfoot looks like an exact duplicate of Kenner's design, which is unfortunate because the Kenner version didn't look anything like the TV Bigfoot. There's a reason why Kenner didn't go the Mego route with their action figures: because miniaturization wouldn't do the characters justice. Consider this an opportunity lost.

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by slats7
                          Jeez. And I thought the BBP figures were bad. What's the point if you can't tell if Steve is bionic? Unlike the cover art, the prototype doesn't look anything like Majors; it looks like a regular guy in a molded red tracksuit. Again, no bionic limbs to be seen. Bigfoot looks like an exact duplicate of Kenner's design, which is unfortunate because the Kenner version didn't look anything like the TV Bigfoot. There's a reason why Kenner didn't go the Mego route with their action figures: because miniaturization wouldn't do the characters justice. Consider this an opportunity lost.
                          You don't sound like someone who should buy figures on any scale. You complain about the lack of a "bionic" feature from a 3 inch figure (ooookay), but hate it anyway when it's introduced on the 8 inch variety? And then you cream Kenner for claiming they made a Big Foot figure that didn't look anything like the television version...? Really? Look up Ted Cassidy in the role. Looks about spot on to most of us here. Plus both BBP and ZICA are covering far more characters than Kenner ever did. Sounds like the 'opportunity lost' rests on your shoulders.

Comment

• The Amazing Mutato
                            • Jan 2, 2008

Originally posted by slats7
                            HA! Looks like someone just wants to complain for the sake of complaining! These are amazing! And from what I have seen from others on here, you are the only one who thinks this is an "opportunity lost". Go troll somewhere else.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                              GLOWS in the Dark!
                              • May 3, 2006

Words can't describe how awesome I think these are. Can't wait for them!

Comment

• slats7
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Jun 20, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
                                You don't sound like someone who should buy figures on any scale.
                                Miniaturization makes no sense if you can't emphasize the bionics. Steve looks like a CPA in a jogging suit, not a cyborg.

You complain about the lack of a "bionic" feature from a 3 inch figure (ooookay), but hate it anyway when it's introduced on the 8 inch variety?
                                Correct, they both screwed up a golden opportunity. Why is that implausible to you? BBP's Austin doll didn't look any more like Majors than Zica's, and their figures were literally swimming in oversized clothes.

And then you cream Kenner for claiming they made a Big Foot figure that didn't look anything like the television version...? Really? Look up Ted Cassidy in the role. Looks about spot on to most of us here.
                                Then I suggest you get your eyes checked. Also, the demonic-looking Bigfoot on Zica's card looks nothing like the doll. Surprise, surprise.

Plus both BBP and ZICA are covering far more characters than Kenner ever did.
                                Poorly.

Sounds like the 'opportunity lost' rests on your shoulders.
                                "A fool and his money are soon parted."

Originally posted by The Amazing Mutato
                                HA! Looks like someone just wants to complain for the sake of complaining!
                                So only positive feedback is allowed? Ridiculous.

These are amazing! And from what I have seen from others on here, you are the only one who thinks this is an "opportunity lost". Go troll somewhere else.

I've been a devout fan since '73, and I know junk when I see it.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎