X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scousebadger
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by ZICA
    Yes, they'll be hard plastic so the weak ankle syndrome won't be an issue.
    That's good. Be interesting to see what you have in mind

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

What about silicone rubber? The Castaway ChiPS boots are made from that material, and they fit Yvonne just fine.

They look a smidge oversized, but that's the style in some comics anyway. It's certainly a better look than teeter totter stiletto heels.

You don't even have to force them on, just gently glide the foot (hopefully encased in either tights or a bodysuit) into the shaft of the boot, and set it in place when it hits the sole.

Personally, I love those boots. Hard plastic tends to split at the worst times.
      JediJaida

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
        What about silicone rubber? The Castaway ChiPS boots are made from that material, and they fit Yvonne just fine.

They look a smidge oversized, but that's the style in some comics anyway. It's certainly a better look than teeter totter stiletto heels.

You don't even have to force them on, just gently glide the foot (hopefully encased in either tights or a bodysuit) into the shaft of the boot, and set it in place when it hits the sole.

Personally, I love those boots. Hard plastic tends to split at the worst times.
        Silicone rubber is also an option but I would need to make special boot feet for them so that the proportions aren't out of whack.

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

I'm sure you'll figure something out Craig.
          JediJaida

Comment

• Remco Monster
            GLOWS in the Dark!
            • May 3, 2006

Clearly some of you don't understand what Craig is talking about with his boot design. But if you were familiar with this style in 1/6 figures, you would know that it is by far the best possible choice, and will look 100 times nicer than boots that slip over the feet. Trust me, you will all be happy with the end product.

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

I know what boot design he's talking about, I have a pair for a CyGirl from the red Harley Davidson outfit made by TriadToys. (If only I could remember where they are! LOL!)

Deep inside the shaft of the boot is a little post that goes straight up into the leg of the figure; once it clicks in place, there's little to no chance of it sliding off and disappearing under the sofa, unlike with Babs' shoes.

I like the idea, as long as they come in a pack and don't cost as much as the figure!
              JediJaida

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker
                Clearly some of you don't understand what Craig is talking about with his boot design. But if you were familiar with this style in 1/6 figures, you would know that it is by far the best possible choice, and will look 100 times nicer than boots that slip over the feet. Trust me, you will all be happy with the end product.
                Couldn't agree more I think if done right, they could look great!

Comment

• rykerw1701
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 27, 2007

Is there an update on shipping for this? I'm still anxiously waiting for mine. I think there was another boatload coming in or something like that?

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                    Is there an update on shipping for this? I'm still anxiously waiting for mine. I think there was another boatload coming in or something like that?
                    The best I can estimate it will be the end of this month, or maybe within the first two weeks of April. There's really no way of tracking the shipment while it's on the water from China, I can only go by how long it's taken previous shipments to arrive.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 27, 2007

Thanks for the update, and kudos for how fast you posted that. I figured other's were waiting too, that's why I posted and didn't email. I'm looking forward to the figure and more coming in the future.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                        Thanks for the update, and kudos for how fast you posted that. I figured other's were waiting too, that's why I posted and didn't email. I'm looking forward to the figure and more coming in the future.
                        Agreed. Thanks for the update. I'm one of those waiting too and seeing everyone's posts of what they have already done with their figure is making me very fidgety! This is like being a kid having to wait for Xmas!

Comment

• Jase25
                          MarshallMadeCollectibles
                          • Jan 8, 2009

Can't wait to get mine from this next shipment - went ahead and ordered 5 from Craig. I've got a Wilma from Buck Rogers planned - Bat-Girl, New Wonder Woman, Catwoman, and one...I'm leaving in the package for the work of art they already are.
                          Thanks ~ Jase

http://stores.ebay.com/Marshall-Made...ctibles?_rdc=1

Comment

• Chris
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by ZICA
                            The best I can estimate it will be the end of this month, or maybe within the first two weeks of April. There's really no way of tracking the shipment while it's on the water from China, I can only go by how long it's taken previous shipments to arrive.
                            No rush. I have plenty of other projects to work on.
                            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Scousebadger
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2, 2012

I am so jealous!

Can't wait for my Yvonne figures

Comment

• browboy71
                                Museum Patron
                                • Sep 24, 2012

Im waiting too! Shouldnt be too long now!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎