X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Capt Kirk
    Museum Patron
    • Jan 15, 2005

Originally posted by ZICA
    Actually she does come with gripping hands. There are three hand sets included with the body which are relaxed, gripping, and fist.
    Of course, I completely forgot- double win, again!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Comment

• megokissface
      • Nov 26, 2012

Hey, so thats what happened to Elvira's dress and snake friend
      I love the nightlife..I love to boogie:googly:

Comment

• megalomaniac001
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 24, 2009

I still need some bracelets and a belt, but here is my in progress Wondergirl. ( I have a lasso, but I need a belt to sew it onto) I cut the hair a bit shorter and it is not quite the Donna Troy style, but other than that, the body is perfect for her in my oppinion. I took off her feet to get the Mego boots on BTW.

Wondergirl.jpg

Comment

• piecemaker
          There's no need to fear..
          • Jan 26, 2009

^^^She's looking great!

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

One suggestion I have for the feet is to simply file them down to a smaller size. I know that might be a pain but at least you would still be able to use the feet with the hollow boots. Once I start offering boots for the figure the feet won't be needed anyway. The boots will be solid pieces that simply pop into place where the foot is currently attached.

I really like the customs I'm seeing Yvonne used for. Very nice work all around!

Comment

• piecemaker
              There's no need to fear..
              • Jan 26, 2009

Yeah,i guess that would be the simplest solution for people that want to use hollow boots/shoes.That wont be a problem for the one custom i want to do with her because she's barefoot.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 4, 2011

Has anyone tried any of the boots available for male figures out there? Curious what they look like and how they fit...

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by megalomaniac001
                  I still need some bracelets and a belt, but here is my in progress Wondergirl. ( I have a lasso, but I need a belt to sew it onto) I cut the hair a bit shorter and it is not quite the Donna Troy style, but other than that, the body is perfect for her in my oppinion. I took off her feet to get the Mego boots on BTW.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4788[/ATTACH]
                  She looks great! Wow!

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 4, 2011

Has anyone tried any hot water/steam re-styling of Yvonne's hair yet?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

you'd think this body would be more compatable with what's already on the market accessory wise instead of having to wait for Zica to make boots that fit.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        you'd think this body would be more compatable with what's already on the market accessory wise instead of having to wait for Zica to make boots that fit.
                        Or maybe if you are trying to improve upon the status quo, you accept that some things may be incompatible?

Honestly, I am not sure I favor the "boot foot" approach Zica is suggesting. The Django figures took that approach, and I'm not in love with the results. But Mego women have terrible balance issues with their tiny feet. Human sized feet sound like a step in the right direction (horrible pun intended).

Comment

• Scousebadger
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by sprytel
                          Or maybe if you are trying to improve upon the status quo, you accept that some things may be incompatible?

Honestly, I am not sure I favor the "boot foot" approach Zica is suggesting. The Django figures took that approach, and I'm not in love with the results. But Mego women have terrible balance issues with their tiny feet. Human sized feet sound like a step in the right direction (horrible pun intended).
                          The only issue I have with boot feet is what I've encountered with 1/6 female figures; weak ankles.

But if you're using a figure stand then that won't really be a problem.

Though when done right (see Triad Toys' 1/6 range) boot feet allow for more poseability than using hollow boots.

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Thank you, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Originally posted by Scousebadger
                            The only issue I have with boot feet is what I've encountered with 1/6 female figures; weak ankles.

But if you're using a figure stand then that won't really be a problem.

Though when done right (see Triad Toys' 1/6 range) boot feet allow for more poseability than using hollow boots.
                            The boot design I'm referring to is basically what's being done in 1/6 scale with solid boots. The bottom of the boot is filled in, where the foot would normally be, and a fastening mechanism (post or hole) is used to attach it to the bottom of the leg. Triad Toys does a lot of soft goods style boots and I don't think they will work in this scale, especially for a female figure. Odds are they would look way too bulky.

Comment

• Scousebadger
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by ZICA
                              The boot design I'm referring to is basically what's being done in 1/6 scale with solid boots. The bottom of the boot is filled in, where the foot would normally be, and a fastening mechanism (post or hole) is used to attach it to the bottom of the leg. Triad Toys does a lot of soft goods style boots and I don't think they will work in this scale, especially for a female figure. Odds are they would look way too bulky.
                              Ah, so the boots will be hard plastic and not soft goods over a solid base?

That would prevent weak ankles syndrome.

Comment

• ZICA
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Scousebadger
                                Ah, so the boots will be hard plastic and not soft goods over a solid base?

That would prevent weak ankles syndrome.
                                Yes, they'll be hard plastic so the weak ankle syndrome won't be an issue.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎