X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Bionicfanboy66
    Any chance of seeing the return of Mego style 3 3/4" Buck Rogers figures? Hoping the SMDM figures do well.
    To be completely honest with you I really wouldn't consider doing Buck Rogers figures in this scale. MEGO did an awesome job back in the day and I really don't see how the vintage line could be improved on that much, if at all. You had a great assortment of characters, cool ships, and a playset. I'm primarily looking at properties that never had figures in this scale, had figures that were poorly done in this scale, or would have been completely absurd to have had action figures made for it at all, in any scale (more on that at a later time ).

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

I bought a Tiger Man at the meet to customize into a pirate. I don't think I will be doing that. This figure is to 8" what Hot Toys is to 12".
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• jimsmegos
        Mego Dork
        • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by B-Lister
        I bought a Tiger Man at the meet to customize into a pirate. I don't think I will be doing that. This figure is to 8" what Hot Toys is to 12".
        Yep. Agreed 100% and then some. Buck is equally awesome. So sad the line wasn't able to be rounded out. Yet more reason to spread the word on this new ZICA project, with its success who's to say what the future may hold?

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

Would have been sweet to see a classic Buck in this scale too. Go Hero helped with these, I would have loved to see an old pulp style showdown with Buck vs. Killer Kane!
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• tmthor
            God of Knock-offs
            • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by ZICA
            To be completely honest with you I really wouldn't consider doing Buck Rogers figures in this scale. MEGO did an awesome job back in the day and I really don't see how the vintage line could be improved on that much, if at all. You had a great assortment of characters, cool ships, and a playset. I'm primarily looking at properties that never had figures in this scale, had figures that were poorly done in this scale, or would have been completely absurd to have had action figures made for it at all, in any scale (more on that at a later time ).
            I beg to differ one one point........I never go my Hawk figure back in the day......I want my Hawk figure damnit

Comment

• JFAWWE
              • Feb 4, 2008

I agree - lot of Buck Rogers figures that still need to be done such as Hawk, Chriton, Dr Goodfellow, Vorvon, Legion of Death etc. Would also love to have the old ones upgraded to Zica standards as well.

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by tmthor
                I beg to differ one one point........I never go my Hawk figure back in the day......I want my Hawk figure damnit
                Originally posted by JFAWWE
                I agree - lot of Buck Rogers figures that still need to be done such as Hawk, Chriton, Dr Goodfellow, Vorvon, Legion of Death etc. Would also love to have the old ones upgraded to Zica standards as well.
                Expanding on the original MEGO line might be worth taking a look at. Hawk and the Vorvon would be really cool in that style and scale.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 30, 2012

Buck Rogers(NASA flightsuit)
                  Buck Rogers(Draconian Guard)
                  Wilma Deering(blue catsuit)
                  Buck Rogers(dress uniform)
                  Wilma Deering(dress uniform)
                  Admirial Asimov
                  Duke Dannon('Planet Of the Slave Girls')
                  Gordon('Planet Of the Slave Girls')
                  Kellogg('Plot To Kill A City')
                  Hawk
                  Wilma Derring(Searcher uniform)
                  Princess Ardala(casual attire)
                  Gary Coleman's character(the name escapes me at the moment)
                  Dr. Goodfellow
                  Lt. Devlin

Plenty of characters and variants of Buck, Wilma, and Ardala which Mego never produced which would make great figures.

Comment

• JFAWWE
                    • Feb 4, 2008

I would like them in the Zica style to go with the Six Million Dollar Man and Bigfoot not the old Mego figures (they were closer to GI Joe style than Star Wars). I'd buy all of the above.

Comment

• bgiles73
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 14, 2010

I'd be in for Buck Rogers too. I never had the line as a child but always wanted them. I think they would be great in the same style as SMDM. Battlestar Galactica would also be great! And if we could somehow talk Diamond Select Toys into a cooperative venture with ZICA, I would really and truly love to see a line like this for Star Trek TOS and TNG!

Comment

• bgiles73
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 14, 2010

Isn't DST doing a line of Minimates for Lost In Space? That would also make a nice addition to 3 3/4" scale!

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 30, 2012

Originally posted by JFAWWE
                          I would like them in the Zica style to go with the Six Million Dollar Man and Bigfoot not the old Mego figures (they were closer to GI Joe style than Star Wars). I'd buy all of the above.
                          Always thought the articulation on the Mego Buck Rogers figures were really good, though. The O-rings were a pain in the backside. That's the only issue I had with them. I hope Craig has a huge success with the SMDM line so maybe he will be able to work out something with NBC/Universal to get the license for BW, BSG, and BR. If he's interested in those lines.

Comment

• B-Lister
                            Eccentric Weirdo
                            • Mar 19, 2010

I have a Go Hero Buck. He's 12" and awesome. I would still like an 8" in the same outfit.

Comment

• ukmegoboy
                              • May 21, 2007

I don`t want to be party pooper but lets remember Zica gave us the most beautiful megoesque Buck figures, and only us fanboys bought them. I would love more too but if Joe Public didn`t buy that 8" Buck, which was to die for, would they buy 3 3/4 versions either?

Comment

• ZICA
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by ukmegoboy
                                I don`t want to be party pooper but lets remember Zica gave us the most beautiful megoesque Buck figures, and only us fanboys bought them. I would love more too but if Joe Public didn`t buy that 8" Buck, which was to die for, would they buy 3 3/4 versions either?
                                This issue coupled with the fact that MEGO already did a great job on their vintage line would prevent me from completely starting over from scratch with all of the characters. Doing a limited extension of the line by adding figures of Hawk and the Vorvon would be the only option I would consider, and it would also depend on me getting a special deal on the license.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎