X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmthor
    God of Knock-offs
    • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by ZICA
    Expanding on the original MEGO line might be worth taking a look at. Hawk and the Vorvon would be really cool in that style and scale.
    That was my next question....if you ever did would you recreate the Mego O-ring figure ooooorrr the classic Kenner style like with the SMDM figures

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by tmthor
      That was my next question....if you ever did would you recreate the Mego O-ring figure ooooorrr the classic Kenner style like with the SMDM figures
      Since the figures would be done as an expansion to the existing Mego line I would keep the O-ring design.

Comment

• bgiles73
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 14, 2010

For all of us who were never able to get the originals, it would be great to be able to get repros of the originals. I seriously would by all of them to open. I don't really care to try and collect these off of eBay.

Comment

• JFAWWE
          • Feb 4, 2008

Honestly I would prefer them to be done in the Zica/Kenner style so that all of the figures can create one big universe. I also would buy the original group plus all new characters. Any chance if a few lines do well you might reconsider?

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JFAWWE
            Honestly I would prefer them to be done in the Zica/Kenner style so that all of the figures can create one big universe. I also would buy the original group plus all new characters. Any chance if a few lines do well you might reconsider?
            Yes, if I'm able to be successful with the SMDM and a few other lines in this style I would definitely reconsider doing Buck Rogers figures.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
              Career Member
              • Jul 30, 2012

Originally posted by ZICA
              Since the figures would be done as an expansion to the existing Mego line I would keep the O-ring design.
              This would make more sense. Would look kind of goofy seeing a retro style Kenner Hawk figure displayed next to a vintage Mego Buck Rogers figure

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                Career Member
                • Jul 30, 2012

Originally posted by bgiles73
                For all of us who were never able to get the originals, it would be great to be able to get repros of the originals. I seriously would by all of them to open. I don't really care to try and collect these off of eBay.
                Or those of us who may not be able to afford the expensive vintage carded stuff on Ebay. This is why I prefer to get vintage stuff loose. Not as pricey. I'm into this stuff because it's fun, not as an investment.

Comment

• tmthor
                  God of Knock-offs
                  • Nov 29, 2005

I wonder who else would want the new old style or just a continuation of the Mego line

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 22, 2011

I would want them all new old style. I hate the pin hole eyes of the original Mego 3 3/25 figures. Other than that they are nice.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 30, 2012

Thinking keep the o-ring style bodies and just do some minor resculpting on the heads.

Comment

• Rockford
                        • Jun 4, 2013

I would be all over that. Buck has so many outfits with wide collars to choose from!

Comment

• JFAWWE
                          • Feb 4, 2008

I would want them exactly like the Six Million Dollar Man figures. I think that Craig could do a much better job then Mego plus keeping them all in the same format equals for better play/display value as the Zica Universe grows. Hope this line is an option again some day!

Comment

• Vintage Quixotic
                            • Feb 25, 2013

This guy has the right idea, IMO! There are SO MANY great characters to choose from!
                            I disagree with Zica's opinion that MEGO did a great job with the line, and it would be best to simply expand on it. Hell no!
                            Sure, with the exception of Buck, Twiki, Tigerman and Guard, the other figures are crap. Sure the vehicles were great, but they could use electronics!
                            I would much rather prefer something along the lines of Zica's SMDM figures, articulated like the old Star Wars figures using all new sculpts.

Comment

• Scousebadger
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by Vintage Quixotic
                              This guy has the right idea, IMO! There are SO MANY great characters to choose from!
                              I disagree with Zica's opinion that MEGO did a great job with the line, and it would be best to simply expand on it. Hell no!
                              Sure, with the exception of Buck, Twiki, Tigerman and Guard, the other figures are crap. Sure the vehicles were great, but they could use electronics!
                              I would much rather prefer something along the lines of Zica's SMDM figures, articulated like the old Star Wars figures using all new sculpts.
                              THIS definitely!

Why not? Will not be a copy of the original MEGO figures, so fans of those won't be offended by modern copies, while the rest of us will (hopefully) get the Star Wars-like figures we always wanted as kids.

I love your 8" Buck and Tiger Man figures, and would have loved to have seen the rest of the proposed figures (and more). If that's not to be, then why not make good on this with a 3.75" range?

Comment

• Jeff Cope
                                Museum Patron
                                • Jun 11, 2013

I'd love a Buck Rogers line done in that retro-style. I loved the show in all it's cheesy glory, and would dig having figures on my shelves. I had the old Mego figures, but they're, sadly, long gone....lost or broken. I would prefer a retro-style line much more over a continuation of what came before.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎