X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Lord Mongo
    So, is the male body officially cancelled/postponed?
    The male body is postponed until I can see how well the female body sells. Also, if the male body does go into production it won't be like the prototype version that's been seen in the images. I'm going back to the drawing board and hopefully adding in improved articulation.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Hey Craig, does this mean that any licensed product you'll be putting out will be strictly female characters?

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by MIB41
        Hey Craig, does this mean that any licensed product you'll be putting out will be strictly female characters?
        For now I don't have any plans to put out licensed properties that would use the female body, I'm mainly focusing on the customizing market. Also, I'd rather have a male body ready before I start looking for licensed properties again that could be done in the 8" scale. Unfortunately it seems like all the cool properties are being gobbled up pretty fast so by the time I have a male body made there probably won't be anything left.

Comment

• browboy71
          Museum Patron
          • Sep 24, 2012

I plan on using the superior body style you have for sale now for all my future custom jobs.

Comment

• Scousebadger
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by ZICA
            The male body is postponed until I can see how well the female body sells. Also, if the male body does go into production it won't be like the prototype version that's been seen in the images. I'm going back to the drawing board and hopefully adding in improved articulation.
            Be interesting to see what innovations you come up with!

As for licenses, just because some are held by other companies now doesn't mean they'll still have them when your new male body is ready.

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

Try for the Zorro license. No one's using it, are they?
              JediJaida

Comment

• Timothy2251
                Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                • Mar 15, 2008

More custom parts and outfits are always welcome, Craig!
                "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• ribefex
                  Museum Patron
                  • Dec 19, 2008

Craig, if you're going to redesign the male body, then I suggest -I beg you, I implore you!- ...to think of some way to make it compatible with Mego type heads.
                  Maybe we could suggest some ideas here.

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by ribefex
                    Craig, if you're going to redesign the male body, then I suggest -I beg you, I implore you!- ...to think of some way to make it compatible with Mego type heads.
                    Maybe we could suggest some ideas here.
                    The design style I'm looking to go with on the new male body should work with Mego type heads. However, the neck plug would have to be cut off for them to be compatible.

Comment

• ribefex
                      Museum Patron
                      • Dec 19, 2008

Thank you, Craig. At first it seems a great news (I do not know if you already mentioned here), but the truth is I'm not quite sure what you mean by "cut off the neck plug". You mean we would have to cut all that part of the Mego neck that is normally embedded, and remains hidden, within a Mego body?
                      Apologies for my English. I can not wait to see the prototype of this.

Comment

• ZICA
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2006

Thank you, Craig. At first it seems a great news (I do not know if you already mentioned here), but the truth is I'm not quite sure what you mean by "cut off the neck plug". You mean we would have to cut all that part of the Mego neck that is normally embedded, and remains hidden, within a Mego body?
                        Apologies for my English. I can not wait to see the prototype of this.

Yes, it's the part of the neck that's inserted and hidden within a Mego body. removing it would make an opening at the bottom of the neck so that the head could be placed onto a neck post adapter.

No need to apologize for your English, it's fine.

Craig

Comment

• ribefex
                          Museum Patron
                          • Dec 19, 2008

Cut that part will be a difficult decision. It is an aggressive and irreversible process. Not for original Megos certainly. Let's see what will be the body quality of the pile of lines that CTVT announced last week ... Thanks anyway for offering the option.

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

I agree the "destructive" solution is less than ideal. I assume it wouldn't work for resin heads, either (since the inside wouldn't be hollow).

I am just brainstorming here... but I am thinking some sort of system where you loosen a screw or 2 on the back, and replace the neck plug to turn it from an "outie" to an "innie". Unless, of course, the neck plug would occupy space that is needed for other internal parts.

Comment

• ZICA
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2006

Cut that part will be a difficult decision. It is an aggressive and irreversible process. Not for original Megos certainly. Let's see what will be the body quality of the pile of lines that CTVT announced last week ... Thanks anyway for offering the option.
                              Originally posted by sprytel
                              I agree the "destructive" solution is less than ideal. I assume it wouldn't work for resin heads, either (since the inside wouldn't be hollow).

I am just brainstorming here... but I am thinking some sort of system where you loosen a screw or 2 on the back, and replace the neck plug to turn it from an "outie" to an "innie". Unless, of course, the neck plug would occupy space that is needed for other internal parts.
                              The reason that this has to be done is because the internal mechanisms that are needed for the shoulder/arm articulation won't allow enough space for the neck plug to fit inside. If you look at just about any modern 1/6 scale body that has this type of articulation you'll see what I'm talking about. A Hot Toys Truetype body is a good example. These bodies use a separate adapter piece for heads that have hollow necks. The adapter has a small tip on it that the neck fits over.

Comment

• sprytel
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 26, 2009

I was worried it was something like that. That's unfortunate. But I suspect the customizing community will find a way to convert existing resin heads to support this new connector. They're a resourceful bunch.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎