Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ironman1188
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 11, 2007

Like I told you when I met you and I've said it on the forums, you ever decide you want to more than double your money and go 1:6, I'll be first in line!!
    Always a pleasure to see what you have come up with.
    You've revolutionized the Mego scale.
    Bugler, sound the advance.

Comment

• jquest
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 19, 2007

Originally posted by ZICA
      It's doubtful that will happen for just the hand sets that come with the bodies, simply because it would be cost prohibitive. About the only way different colors would be available is if I did a run of bodies in another color, which is possible.
      Cool! Looking forward to that option!

Comment

• jquest
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 19, 2007

Originally posted by JediJaida
        Were you using brush paint or spray paint?
        Tried both, but eventually, in time, I found that eventually the paint rubs off! Would prefer to have colored hands for customs.

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

Have you tried dying them?
          JediJaida

Comment

• torgospizza
            Theocrat of Pan Tang
            • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by ironman1188
            Like I told you when I met you and I've said it on the forums, you ever decide you want to more than double your money and go 1:6, I'll be first in line!!
            Not only that, but supplying 1/6 or 1/9 head sculpt options (like Headplay does) that fits Hot Toys, ACI, or Kaustic Plastic bodies might be a real barn-burner, too. Do you know how many people would love to get an affordable realistic Schwarzenegger sculpt? Extra heads people could purchase for your bodies would be pretty popular, too. People really want options nowadays. Looking at the new body you've developed, you're wanting to give it to them, too.

Comment

• Mok
              Museum Patron
              • Mar 4, 2010

That`s some amazing work you`ve done with a 1/9 scale body .
              ATM-09-ST "Scopedog"

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by torgospizza
                Not only that, but supplying 1/6 or 1/9 head sculpt options (like Headplay does) that fits Hot Toys, ACI, or Kaustic Plastic bodies might be a real barn-burner, too. Do you know how many people would love to get an affordable realistic Schwarzenegger sculpt? Extra heads people could purchase for your bodies would be pretty popular, too. People really want options nowadays. Looking at the new body you've developed, you're wanting to give it to them, too.
                If it wasn't for the fact that the 1/6 scale market is insanely competitive I might give that a shot. However, for now I think the best thing to do is focus most of my energy on the 1/9 scale market.

Originally posted by Mok
                That`s some amazing work you`ve done with a 1/9 scale body .
                Thanks!

Comment

• ironman1188
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 11, 2007

Originally posted by jquest
                  Tried both, but eventually, in time, I found that eventually the paint rubs off! Would prefer to have colored hands for customs.
                  Yes, dying them would be the way to go.
                  Originally posted by torgospizza
                  People in 1:6 want options for sure. They also want affordability. I would think Mego size guys would too.
                  Yes, prices are getting out of hand, but Kaustic just dealt a blow to the over inflated prices by releasing a more affordable muscled body compared to the competition. Heads, hands, bodies. Even feet are necessary for a lot of bodies that don't come with them when parted out.
                  Zica delivered the most detailed 1:9 figures I've ever seen. No offense but 1:9 fans were never known for being as detail oriented as 1:6 folks. Zica raised the bar to a whole new level, but no one I can recall has tackled releasing 1:9 AND 1:6 figures since the original Mego company did. It would be cool to see it happen again.
                  Bugler, sound the advance.

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

Maybe when the recession finally goes away. Right now, let's just concentrate on getting these bodies out there on the market.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• Chris
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 23, 2009

This body looks fantastic!!!! Can't wait for them to be sold. The original ZICA body has bailed me out of so many jams (with out of proportion heads). I'll put V2 to work too. It makes me want to stop customizing until it's released.
                      If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• TMANSTOYS
                        CALLING ALL DUKES !!
                        • May 12, 2011

Awesome !!!!!!
                        "JUST 2 GOOD OLE BOYS,NEVER MEANING NO HARM "

Comment

• Chris
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 23, 2009

I'd love to see how the BBP! Cylon would look on this body! I put a Cylon on a Zica v.1 body and it turned out really well. The arms bend and he's super mobile. It's perfect for me to place in a box.
                          If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• ussapache
                            • Feb 26, 2010

Now this is what a 1/9 body should look like, and with extra hands. Awesome work guys I will buy them for sure once they come out.

Ron

Comment

• bgiles73
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 14, 2010

I hope the pins holding the feet are more durable then they look. I've had a few problems with the feet staying stuck in some of Castaway's vinyl hero boots. Not to gripe about the quality of either product, I just hope that these shorter pins will hold up.

Comment

• ZICA
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by bgiles73
                                I hope the pins holding the feet are more durable then they look. I've had a few problems with the feet staying stuck in some of Castaway's vinyl hero boots. Not to gripe about the quality of either product, I just hope that these shorter pins will hold up.
                                The ankle pin design has been changed since that picture was posted and durability shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎