Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phil
    Persistent Member
    • May 11, 2007

My Buck Rogers and Tigerman arrived about an hour ago. They are OUTSTANDING!!!!! I knew they would be good but they have far exceeded my expectations. The attention to detail on Tigerman is amazing. I was surprised and amazed that the fangs Tigerman wears are individual pieces. I likeness on the figures is great and so is the body. I didn't know they came with extra hands so that was a cool bonus. I know these are intended as collectibles but they would make wonderful toys.

Comment

• Jase25
      MarshallMadeCollectibles
      • Jan 8, 2009

My BBTS package came today.....Christmas in October!

Got my order of Bucks and Tiger Men in from BBTS today...6 sets! I'm doing my part to support ZICA TOYS!....Craig these guys are just outstanding and BTW the bodies I ordered from you came this past Friday...They are amazing. I honestly feel these bodies are the best 1/9 scale base bodies out there...Period. They are simply perfect. Wish Mattel would have had you on their team when they were doing their retro line. I truly hope someone picks up on the Buck Roger line and continues with your incredible ground work you have started.

Take Care -

Jase
      Thanks ~ Jase

http://stores.ebay.com/Marshall-Made...ctibles?_rdc=1

Comment

• Mefiboschet
        Career Member
        • Nov 29, 2003

Now with the anouncement of the BBP Classic BSG figures the Buck Rogers line somehow has to survive. I just hope that the BR line will be picked up by that other company. Too much work and effort already went into this.

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Mefiboschet
          Now with the anouncement of the BBP Classic BSG figures the Buck Rogers line somehow has to survive. I just hope that the BR line will be picked up by that other company. Too much work and effort already went into this.
          AGREED!

I am interested in the announced EMCE BG line (if they actually make more than two figures) But I like Buck Rogers much better! Much more interesting characters.....Hopefully this new company wants to go into series 2 aswell

Comment

• Delusional B
            Museum Super Collector
            • Nov 14, 2007

I just got these two, recently. They are the highest quality "ReMegos" I've seen. The attention to detail on these is pretty amazing and nothing like anything I've seen at this scale. Pictures really don't do them justice. The packaging is incredible, too. Picture the old GiJoe "Coffin boxes" except with a cellophane window on the front.

The only "down side," depending on your point of view, is that these are almost too good to have been done by Mego, back in the day... and that probably wasn't the intent, anyway. They are almost too high-quality to have that kind of "cheap charm" that most Megos kind of had. These are kind of what we always wished Megos were when we were kids, I guess. So, that's really not a down-side.

I love 'em, though. It's obvious that these were produced with the utmost concern for quality and authenticity... almost like good sixth-scale figures that have been shrunk down to 8".
            Yesterville Toy Room

Comment

• torgospizza
              Theocrat of Pan Tang
              • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by Delusional B
              I just got these two, recently. They are the highest quality "ReMegos" I've seen. The attention to detail on these is pretty amazing and nothing like anything I've seen at this scale. Pictures really don't do them justice. The packaging is incredible, too. Picture the old GiJoe "Coffin boxes" except with a cellophane window on the front.

The only "down side," depending on your point of view, is that these are almost too good to have been done by Mego, back in the day... and that probably wasn't the intent, anyway. They are almost too high-quality to have that kind of "cheap charm" that most Megos kind of had. These are kind of what we always wished Megos were when we were kids, I guess. So, that's really not a down-side.

I love 'em, though. It's obvious that these were produced with the utmost concern for quality and authenticity... almost like good sixth-scale figures that have been shrunk down to 8".
              I wish I could just click "Like" Facebook style on your post, because 1) I'm glad you picked up a set and 2) I agree with everything you said. I wish all 8" figures were of this level of quality. They're really the best 1/9 figures I've ever seen.

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

I think Zica buck rogers will have us all spoiled in terms of quality...I don't believe those upcoming EMCE Battlestar Galactica figures will even compare in quality

Comment

• Mefiboschet
                  Career Member
                  • Nov 29, 2003

Originally posted by Teemu
                  I think Zica buck rogers will have us all spoiled in terms of quality...I don't believe those upcoming EMCE Battlestar Galactica figures will even compare in quality
                  I agree. I don't think, that EMCE or any of the other companies that produce retro 8" action figures will meet the standard of quality and detail that ZICA has. But they never intended to do so, as they have a different philosophy. Their figures are made in a way, as if they could have been made by Mego back in the day, whereas ZICA figures are on a completely different plane.
                  If expectations would be too high, we probably won't see anything released.
                  I also would have prefered to see classic BSG figures released by ZICA in the same quality and detail as Buck Rogers. But unfortunately it's not gonna happen. We even have to be concerned if the Buck Rogers line is going to be continued.
                  So after 30 years of waiting, I'd be quite content with EMCE quality BSG figures.
                  Last edited by Mefiboschet; Oct 7, '11, 4:14 PM.

Comment

• mikey1974
                    • Feb 28, 2011

here's a question, and just pure speculation here,not like i have any inside knowledge or anything...

what is the company Craig was selling the BR licence to (if it goes through) is EMCE/ BBP? would we be willing to accept a small drop in quality to have the figures come out?

Comment

• Mefiboschet
                      Career Member
                      • Nov 29, 2003

I definitely would! According to Craig's information, the quality of the rest of wave 1 is already set according the the prototypes. If it would be EMCE/BBP, than the main question would be, if they'd release the figure with the ZICA body or their own body. I'd prefer the ZICA body, but even if they would come on a repro Mego body, one still could buy bodies seperately from ZICA and swap the clothes and head.

Comment

• Jase25
                        MarshallMadeCollectibles
                        • Jan 8, 2009

Totally agree...

If the rest of the Buck line comes out by another company....and it's not on a ZICA body...it would be a must to switch it to one of Craigs bodies. I love all the RE-Mego type figures (ok except Mattel's DC figures with Scoliosis) but honestly....The Zica body is truly the best body out there.

Jase
                        Thanks ~ Jase

http://stores.ebay.com/Marshall-Made...ctibles?_rdc=1

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Hey Craig,any word on this company taking over the buck rogers line??

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Teemu
                            Hey Craig,any word on this company taking over the buck rogers line??
                            I'm hoping to have an answer by the end of the week.

Comment

• will5967
                              Member of the Assembly
                              • Sep 27, 2009

Just ordered two more sets of Buck and Tiger Man to add to the set I already have. Too much, too little too late, I'm sure, but I'm hoping that every little bit helps.
                              Leader of the Hunt: I don't understand these animal psychologists. What is Dr. Zira trying to prove? Dr. Zaius: That man can be domesticated.

Comment

• Byrnes
                                Veteran Member
                                • Oct 19, 2011

To be honest I was hesitant to purchase these with just 2 figures out. I don't collect anything over 4" and I usually need at least 5 in a wave. The price was really high for me since these figures are out of my normal scope of $6-8. After reading about what was going on with these figures it's a real shame. I just want to say I'm sorry I didn't purchase these when they came out at the regular price and to say Kudos to ZICA for making 2 incredible figures and inspiring me to go outside my normal collecting habbits with these BR figures. Hope it's not to late but I'm spreading the word on my GI JOE and Star Wars forums. I'm on board for anything else that comes out. Good luck!
                                Last edited by Byrnes; Oct 21, '11, 12:14 PM.
                                WWW.OG13.com - GI Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Star Trek, toys and more

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎