X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by Mefiboschet
    I'd much rather would like see the ZICA prototypes produced and dump the stuff I have.
    Craig already poured so much effort, money and work into this, the molds already exist, etc. I just hope, that that other company will agree to the deal. Craig deserves to be refunded for his efforts and it also would be a shame if the molds etc would never be used.
    If I had the money, I'd buy these right away and have them produced.
    You're absolutely right.

These figures didn't get the attention they deserved.
    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• starsky
      veteran member
      • Aug 26, 2007

the only thing i can think of is that the fan base of buck rogers is dwindling because imho, zica's product is top notch.

Comment

• will5967
        Member of the Assembly
        • Sep 27, 2009

Originally posted by starsky
        the only thing i can think of is that the fan base of buck rogers is dwindling because imho, zica's product is top notch.
        That's probably pretty accurate. Although I wouldn't say that the Buck Rogers fan base is really dwindling exactly. Yes and no, really. The license is sort of in the classic Buck Rogers hibernation sleep that you see between Star Wars and Star Trek feature films and/or TV series. I personally LOVE the Glen A. Larson Buck Rogers in the 25th Century effort, but... if you really want to be honest about it, even as a kid watching that wonderful show, I thought a lot of the dialogue in most of the episodes was horrifically cheesy, and the production was definitely slapped together from Battlestar Galactica leftovers and whatever they could scrounge up cheaply from Western Costume. The 2nd season was better, but then again... it wasn't. The show took on a more serious, realistic tone, but... then again... you had an episode with a guy who could remove his head... and the whole Searcher motif seemed just a bit too Star Treky to not even be Star Trek! Of course, I enjoyed the "off think" just as much as any pubescent kid did at the time (and still get a kick out of the fact that a network show in the very early 80s even APPROVED a scene like that), but... in the end, despite all the awesomeness of Erin Grey, Gil Gerard, Glen A. Larson, Mark Lenard (the guy who had to act like he could actually remove his head in that silly, silly episode and STILL managed, through sheer massive talent, I would assume, to even make it half way believable) and so many other stellar qualities that the show had and always will be affectionately known for... it was and still is a pretty camp, almost half hearted attempt at updating the story of the original scifi hero that even predates Flash Gordon, for goodness sake! But yeah... I try not to even think about the loss of the Hawk figure, much less the Draconian Guard that I would still just about kill for. It hurts too much because I, like the rest of you, would definitely be making good and sure the project was actually going to go ahead to the manufacturing stage... if I had the money to fully back it, that is. Sigh....
        Leader of the Hunt: I don't understand these animal psychologists. What is Dr. Zira trying to prove? Dr. Zaius: That man can be domesticated.

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

If ANY of us had the money we'd give it to Craig so that he could keep on giving us these gorgeous figures.

I'd LOVE to see him do a Classic Trek Sarek, which hasn't been done with the Retro line yet.

With his ambassadorial outfit, on a new, improved ZICA male base body. It'd be killer!
          JediJaida

Comment

• will5967
            Member of the Assembly
            • Sep 27, 2009

Originally posted by JediJaida
            If ANY of us had the money we'd give it to Craig so that he could keep on giving us these gorgeous figures.

I'd LOVE to see him do a Classic Trek Sarek, which hasn't been done with the Retro line yet.

With his ambassadorial outfit, on a new, improved ZICA male base body. It'd be killer!
            You got ALL that right!
            Leader of the Hunt: I don't understand these animal psychologists. What is Dr. Zira trying to prove? Dr. Zaius: That man can be domesticated.

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

Thank you.
              JediJaida

Comment

• will5967
                Member of the Assembly
                • Sep 27, 2009

Originally posted by JediJaida
                Thank you.
                No problem!

Comment

• starsky
                  veteran member
                  • Aug 26, 2007

yeah i agree. it's just sad to see the best well made figure/ line not be successful. really goes against all logic!

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by starsky
                    yeah i agree. it's just sad to see the best well made figure/ line not be successful. really goes against all logic!
                    Its more so the Economy itself and the competition of so many other products out there to buy.

If this line came out in the late 80's, late 90's and possibly early 2000's...

We would of had Buck,TigerMan,Hawk,Kane,Draco Guard,Wilma,Twiki,The Vorvon,and Queen Ardala by now! plus a series 3 and 4...with vehicles like Starfighter and Hawk's Ship and probably a command center base dock produced...

Will this new company take over this line? I don't have hopes for it to truely happen.So much talk in the Toy World,but ALOT doesn't get done.

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

I hope so, not just for the line's sake, but for Craig's.

This has been a big dream of his for more than three years, and it had to have been a HUGE letdown when the figures didn't sell as well as he wanted them to.

I hope that this new project he's working on, aside from selling the Buck Rogers line works out.

I really want to find out what it is, just to sate my curiosity.
                      JediJaida

Comment

• Saroyan
                        Persistent Member
                        • Oct 4, 2011

I just got a Buck and Tiger- what can I say but freakin WOW!! I didn't expect the level of detail and quality !! These two figures are off the charts!!

Comment

• will5967
                          Member of the Assembly
                          • Sep 27, 2009

Buck and Tigerman are pretty awesome, aren't they? Tigerman's boots are a little disappointing, but that's really my only issue with either figure. If anyone knows any tips, tricks or maybe just a simple fix for how to get Tigerman to actually stand up in those boots, please let me know.

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by will5967
                            Buck and Tigerman are pretty awesome, aren't they? Tigerman's boots are a little disappointing, but that's really my only issue with either figure. If anyone knows any tips, tricks or maybe just a simple fix for how to get Tigerman to actually stand up in those boots, please let me know.
                            Unfortunately this issue with the boots happened because the factory wasn't paying attention to my notes. The soles should have been cast in hard plastic but as you can see that didn't happen.

Try bending the soles downward and then apply heat with a hair dryer. Hold them in that position until they cool down and it might fix the problem. I know this method has worked before so it's worth a shot.

Craig

Comment

• will5967
                              Member of the Assembly
                              • Sep 27, 2009

Originally posted by ZICA
                              Unfortunately this issue with the boots happened because the factory wasn't paying attention to my notes. The soles should have been cast in hard plastic but as you can see that didn't happen.

Try bending the soles downward and then apply heat with a hair dryer. Hold them in that position until they cool down and it might fix the problem. I know this method has worked before so it's worth a shot.

Craig
                              THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! That is EXACTLY the kind of helpful comment I was looking for. It's so easy for folks on slap dash comment and run talk boards to get bent out of shape and think they're firing a shot off the port bough right back at ya - when someone is simply making a statement or asking an innocent question. Either way, that sounds like a FABULOUS fix to try and I sincerely appreciate the info. I haven't done a review of the Buck and Tigerman figures I'm way behind in getting to for my site, but when I do, I will definitely put that info up, if I may. And thanks again for the true professionalism, Craig. It speaks very, very well of you. Heck, the quality of the figures themselves pretty much does that, but it's nice to know why that small problem didn't quite make it through the manufacturing stage. Noted and very, very much appreciated.
                              Last edited by will5967; Jan 19, '12, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• ZICA
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by will5967
                                THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! That is EXACTLY the kind of helpful comment I was looking for. It's so easy for folks on slap dash comment and run talk boards to get bent out of shape and think they're firing a shot off the port bough right back at ya - when someone is simply making a statement or asking an innocent question. Either way, that sounds like a FABULOUS fix to try and I sincerely appreciate the info. I haven't done a review of the Buck and Tigerman figures I'm way behind in getting to for my site, but when I do, I will definitely put that info up, if I may. And thanks again for the true professionalism, Craig. It speaks very, very well of you. Heck, the quality of the figures themselves pretty much does that, but it's nice to know why you that small problem didn't quite make it through the manufacturing stage. Noted and very, very much appreciated.

You're more than welcome and I hope I was able to offer a solution.

If the line gets picked up by this other company I'll be sure to tell them not to let the same mistake happen with the Draconian Guard's boots.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎