X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by ZICA
    No, you won't seem them this year or probably any year, at least not from me. Bottom line is the series hasn't done well enough to warrant making the other figures. There's a slim chance another company might pick the series up but I wouldn't count on it.
    Wow,that was a kick in the nuts

Sorry,to hear this :(

I guess the thought of getting these figures was good

if you do Hawk...I am in for 2 and would pay MORE to get him....Same with Wilma!
    Last edited by Teemu; Sep 1, '11, 5:30 PM.

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

So no Twiki, huh? :(

Comment

• Jerry68
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 12, 2008

Cast up resin heads and make them that way.
        sigpic

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Jerry68
          Cast up resin heads and make them that way.
          You still have to have the clothing, bodies and accessories made, all of which have high MOQ from the factory. Like I mentioned before, there's still the possibility that the line will continue but with another company. The tooling is already made for Hawk, Kane, and the Draconian Guard which is a huge plus.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

wow, so sorry to hear that Craig. but kudos to you for what you did get done and your product is still tops in my book

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

You still have to have the clothing, bodies and accessories made, all of which have high MOQ from the factory. Like I mentioned before, there's still the possibility that the line will continue but with another company. The tooling is already made for Hawk, Kane, and the Draconian Guard which is a huge plus.
              what about the bigger brother/cousin company,Go-Hero??? couldn't they take it over but keep your name 'Zica' attached to the product?

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Teemu
                what about the bigger brother/cousin company,Go-Hero??? couldn't they take it over but keep your name 'Zica' attached to the product?
                Unfortunately no. Go Hero has their hands full with other projects.

Comment

• torgospizza
                  Theocrat of Pan Tang
                  • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  wow, so sorry to hear that Craig. but kudos to you for what you did get done and your product is still tops in my book
                  I strongly second that. Those Buck Rogers figures are the zenith of the hobby, IMO. With quality like that, I'll always buy ZICA figures, so long as they're available.

Comment

• chalwa
                    Mego Philomath
                    • Jun 8, 2007

Man, I am so bummed.
                    A Hawk of the quality of the others was something I really was looking forward to.
                    Chalwa AKA The Pre-Crisis Chris

Chris' Blogs:
                    The Misadventures of Captain Blog
                    Comic Book Fanzines: Chain Letters for Disturbed Children

When I am grown to man's estate,
                    I shall be very proud and great.
                    And tell the other girls and boys,
                    not to meddle with my toys.
                    -Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• jemboy2004
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 14, 2005

No, you won't seem them this year or probably any year, at least not from me. Bottom line is the series hasn't done well enough to warrant making the other figures. There's a slim chance another company might pick the series up but I wouldn't count on it.
                      More bad news for the 8" mego like collector :(

I guess the only thing I have to look forward to now is Kyle (if mattel does make him) and EMCE TNG.. This was my favorite line by far the best of them. It's a real shame. I was hoping for the twiki, wilma and hawk the most but they all would have been great.

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by torgospizza
                        I strongly second that. Those Buck Rogers figures are the zenith of the hobby, IMO. With quality like that, I'll always buy ZICA figures, so long as they're available.
                        Keep in mind that Go Hero got jacked by the same middle-man company out of Singapore that took Cast-a-way for a ride, so they are still coming back from that set back.
                        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• torgospizza
                          Theocrat of Pan Tang
                          • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by samurainoir
                          Keep in mind that Go Hero got jacked by the same middle-man company out of Singapore that took Cast-a-way for a ride, so they are still coming back from that set back.
                          Well, I'm definitely supporting them when both the 1/6 and 8" Flash Gordon figures come out. Might grab two of the 8" ones.

Let me just day dream here a sec: I'd really like to see ZICA make a Six Million Dollar Man figure. I'd like to see anyone make one, but ZICA would do it right. I think it would be superb and possibly my all-time favorite figure, if it were Buck Rogers quality. I'd definitely buy multiples. Thing is, if Buck hasn't performed that well, would Steve? I'm being serious. It's easy to say that it would, but I'd have thought Buck would have done better, so I'm not sure. It boggles my mind they aren't sold out yet.

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by torgospizza
                            Well, I'm definitely supporting them when both the 1/6 and 8" Flash Gordon figures come out. Might grab two of the 8" ones.

Let me just day dream here a sec: I'd really like to see ZICA make a Six Million Dollar Man figure. I'd like to see anyone make one, but ZICA would do it right. I think it would be superb and possibly my all-time favorite figure, if it were Buck Rogers quality. I'd definitely buy multiples. Thing is, if Buck hasn't performed that well, would Steve? I'm being serious. It's easy to say that it would, but I'd have thought Buck would have done better, so I'm not sure. It boggles my mind they aren't sold out yet.
                            This is the exact thing that has completely baffled me about the Buck Rogers line, and also makes me very hesitant to take on another licensed property anytime soon. Maybe I could have done a better job with marketing but I thought the fan base for the show would have been plenty big enough to make the line profitable. I'm still scratching my head as to why the line hasn't done better.

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

This is the exact thing that has completely baffled me about the Buck Rogers line, and also makes me very hesitant to take on another licensed property anytime soon. Maybe I could have done a better job with marketing but I thought the fan base for the show would have been plenty big enough to make the line profitable. I'm still scratching my head as to why the line hasn't done better.
                              I can think of a couple reasons

1.The Economy sucks for many people
                              2.There is too much "product" on the market to choose from,especially since many Toy companies are producing 80's Nostalgic type lines.

But as far as what you produced in the BR line,the quality was definitely there,as these are the best 8" figures to date! I am saddened of not getting Hawk,Wilma,Vorvon and Ardala...Oh Well...Back to Sideshow G.I. Joes

P.S. Zica's buck rogers line was the reason I joined this site

Comment

• Chris
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 23, 2009

This is depressing news. Thank you for Buck, Tigerman and all the effort and money that went into producing the line. I thought you were on to something big. I absolutely loved the line and was in for a starfighter too.
                                Last edited by Chris; Sep 3, '11, 9:20 AM.
                                If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎