X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Agent4125
    Yes. Buck in Nasa Space Suit would be great.
    But first, we need the rest of series 1. When will those be available?
    Hopefully before the end of the year.

Comment

• Cmonster
      Banned
      • Feb 6, 2010

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      I'd rather see Buck wearing one of the season 2 outfits.....the black or blue one would be cool with the brown jacket he wore....at least I think that is how it was
      The beauty of this hobby, is that you can buy several figures and make custom outfits for them. I'm sure between what the CAT boys, Doc Mego and CTVT offer in the clothing and accessory world, you can find what you need. With a little creativity and ingenuity, you can make all the outfits you're referencing, while also supporting Zica by buying more than one figure.

SC

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
        House of a thousand Megos
        • Aug 10, 2009

The Buck is awesome and the shoes are cool but I think the ankle boots would look good or white tall boots. Wasn't the 33/4 inch figure in boots? The shoes kinda look like the white shoes cousin Eddy gave to Clark Griswald on Vacation lol. Just for the record I didn't change my Buck he is too awesome to change.
        Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• ROBE
          • Oct 21, 2008

The Earth Pilot unifom had white leggings with a stirrup end that went over white shoes with black heels.
          Buck did sometimes wear another white flight suit, not sure about the footwear for that.

So the current figure is as accurate as it can be at this scale.

Comment

• ROBE
            • Oct 21, 2008

The Earth Pilot unifom had white leggings with a stirrup end that went over white shoes with black heels.
            Buck did sometimes wear another white flight suit, not sure about the footwear for that.

So the current figure is as accurate as it can be at this scale.

Comment

• rebelpig
              • Mar 12, 2011

No the mego 3 3/4 figure had stirrups & shoes too.

Comment

• johnmiic
                Adrift
                • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by ROBE
                The Earth Pilot unifom had white leggings with a stirrup end that went over white shoes with black heels. Buck did sometimes wear another white flight suit, not sure about the footwear for that.
                I have obsessed over Buck Rogers in my adulthood and did some sketches of the costumes he wore in various episodes. In addition to the pilot suit Buck also consistently wore a white, 2-piece, shirt and pants which seemed to be made of a shimmery spandex-like material in Space Rockers, Ardala Returns, Olympiad & Flight of the War Witch to name a few. Wilma had a matching women's outfit she wore in maybe 2 episodes, (perhaps her loosest fitting outfit on the whole series). Morgan Brittany wore a blue/white version in Happy B'Day Buck. So I have to conclude it was a more casual Directorate uniform. I think he wore shoes with this uniform.

Buck often wore a 1-piece flight/jumpsuit which I think was in 4 different colors: black, brown, white and sky-blue, (tho it could have been 3 different colors; brown could be mistaken for black in some episodes). I recall you can catch it briefely in Planet of the Slave Girls, Cruise Ship to the Stars & Plot to Kill a City to name a few of episodes. In season 2 he wore the sky blue version in the opener, Time of the Hawk, where you can see most of the details on it. I think he wore boots that raised above the ankle with this suit. I think it became his default costume in season 2 actually.

Beyond that he wore a variety of costumes, some reused from Battlestar Galactica, and even a tux in the Dorothy Stratten episode; Cruise Ship to the Stars.
                Last edited by johnmiic; Apr 21, '11, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Cmonster
                  Banned
                  • Feb 6, 2010

Originally posted by johnmiic
                  I have obsessed over Buck Rogers in my adulthood and did some sketches of the costumes he wore in various episodes. In addition to the pilot suit Buck also consistently wore a white, 2-piece, shirt and pants which seemed to be made of a shimmery spandex-like material in Space Rockers, Ardala Returns, Olympiad & Flight of the War Witch to name a few. Wilma had a matching women's outfit she wore in maybe 2 episodes, (perhaps her loosest fitting outfit on the whole series). Morgan Brittany wore a blue/white version in Happy B'Day Buck. So I have to conclude it was a more casual Directorate uniform. I think he wore shoes with this uniform.

Buck often wore a 1-piece flight/jumpsuit which I think was in 4 different colors: black, brown, white and sky-blue, (tho it could have been 3 different colors; brown could be mistaken for black in some episodes). I recall you can catch it briefely in Planet of the Slave Girls, Cruise Ship to the Stars & Plot to Kill a City to name a couple of episodes. In season 2 he wore the sky blue version in the opener, Time of the Hawk, where you can see most of the details on it. I think he wore boots that raised above the ankle with this suit. I think it became his default costume in season 2 actually.

Beyond that he wore a variety of costumes, some reused from Battlestar Galactica, and even a tux in the Dorothy Stratten episode; Cruise Ship to the Stars.
                  John, as a fellow Buck obsessive myself, I'd have to say you're pretty much right on in your assessments. I actually got to look through some of the actual wardrobe from the series while working at Universal. It was very cool and I've always been inspired by the simplistic, yet effective nature of the sci fi costume design during that time period. Little piece of Buck nerd info for you; "Batman Dead End" was shot in an alley directly behind Universal Hartland studios, where much of Buck Rogers was produced and shot. Our production offices for that film were in the old Universal Hartland offices, so I'd always look around and think to myself, that Buck Rogers was made in these very buildings... It was kinda cool.

SC

Comment

• johnmiic
                    Adrift
                    • Sep 6, 2002

That is a great piece of trivia Sandy! I bet years ago the full size Starfighter may have been stored in or near that alley too.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎