Persistent Member
    • Feb 18, 2007

I'll post pics tomorrow. ......including the freakin twist ties.......lol

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
      I received my Buck and Tigerman yesterday....they ROCK. THe packageing looks amazing......I FREAKIN HATE THE TWIST TIES USED TO HOLD BUCK IN PLACE!!!!...Why do they need to be tied down, was Buck going to escape? I tried to pull Buck out by his belt, and broke the belt...what the?... then I flipped over the vacuum insert and he's freakin tied to the plastic insert. BOOOOOOOO!!

Otherwise I cant find anything else to whine about. THanks for the great figure Craig.
      Sorry about the twist ties but with anything boxed like these figures it seems to be a necessary evil. I just think the factories take it to extremes a lot of times. Where did the belt break? It's fastened in the back with velcro so it's designed to come off.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by ZICA
        Sorry about the twist ties but with anything boxed like these figures it seems to be a necessary evil. I just think the factories take it to extremes a lot of times. Where did the belt break? It's fastened in the back with velcro so it's designed to come off.
        When I saw I pulled the belt in half, I became disgusted with myself and closed the box up and put it on the shelf. After your post I went back and pulled him back out of the box, removed the (5) twist ties, and just as you said....he wasn't broke. The velcro simply came apart. Very nice design. Belt and both arm bands are velcroed. THanks for the heads up. I would have eventually gotten over my disgust with myself and opened him back up, but it would have been a couple a more days. lol I took pics of the steps required to remove him....will post tomorrow.

Comment

• logan12_3
          • Jul 16, 2008

Are the guys at, or guy at Zica taking a list for pre-orders for the next release of figures? If so I would like to be on it!!

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by logan12_3
            Are the guys at, or guy at Zica taking a list for pre-orders for the next release of figures? If so I would like to be on it!!
            No, I'm not taking a preorder list. As soon as the figures from the next release are available I'll post the info here and on the ZICA Toys Facebook page.

Comment

• EMCEtoys
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 1, 2007

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
              I received my Buck and Tigerman yesterday....they ROCK. THe packageing looks amazing......I FREAKIN HATE THE TWIST TIES USED TO HOLD BUCK IN PLACE!!!!...Why do they need to be tied down, was Buck going to escape? I tried to pull Buck out by his belt, and broke the belt...what the?... then I flipped over the vacuum insert and he's freakin tied to the plastic insert. BOOOOOOOO!!

Otherwise I cant find anything else to whine about. Thanks for the great figure Craig.
              Be happy the time and expense was taken to secure a quality figure like this. I've looked into this for our stuff and I can only say thank God that we're doing "retro", wherein having the figure slumped over in the package like a superpowered drunk is part of the appeal.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 18, 2007

I love the figure. I hate twist ties on ALL toys. As a parent who had to take all the kids toys out of their packages, I can say "I'm over it"!! lol

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

Is there anywhere you can Just Buy Tigerman ?
                  ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 18, 2007

Heres Buck out of his restraints...free at last free at last..

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 18, 2007

This is his before shot...make sure you get all 5 twist ties off. He sits nice in the vaccu formed plastic.

You can see where the belt pulled apart in the back, where I thought I broke him.....VELCRO is KING!!
                      Last edited by Fuzzysnail; Feb 26, '11, 6:31 PM.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 18, 2007

Buck with the cover slipped off the box.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                          Megoholic RocketScientist
                          • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by ZICA
                          Sales are going very well so hopefully it won't be too much longer and production can start on Hawk, Killer Kane, and the Draconian guard.
                          That is great news Craig. Glad to hear of it. This is like music to my ears.
                          Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Captain_Mego
                            Vet.
                            • May 22, 2007

Craig he looks great....top notch stuff dude.

Comment

• ZICA
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                              Is there anywhere you can Just Buy Tigerman ?
                              Cotswold Collectibles

Comment

• Chris
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by livnxxxl
                                That is great news Craig. Glad to hear of it. This is like music to my ears.
                                Summed up nicely. After hearing that the Flash Gordon sales weren't that great I was concerned that Buck might suffer from poor sales. I'm delighted that this isn't the case.

Thx for the Cottswold tip! I need an extra Buck figure for the future Starfighter. As my dear departed mother used to say: "If someone goes to the trouble of producing a 1:9 scale Starfighter the least you can do is buy it".
                                If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎