X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
    That's a bit odd; they usually set a fixed amount of figures to be made and shipped, at least from what I've heard.
    I'm sure they have a minimum order amount. I've just never had to ask them since apparently everything I've done so far exceeds their MOQ (minimum order quantity).
    Last edited by ZICA; Jan 6, '11, 7:49 PM.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
      MeGoing
      • May 14, 2003

I really like her face. I hope you make a brown hair green eye combination too.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Her head looks great!

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by ZICA
          Here's a sneak peek of the head sculpt that will be included with the female body. This is the wax prototype.

Holy crap, yet another mindblowing experience from ZICA. You never cease to amaze me, Craig
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Meule
            Holy crap, yet another mindblowing experience from ZICA. You never cease to amaze me, Craig
            ZICA is KING!
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• D!n0-M@n
              w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
              • Sep 17, 2008

Originally posted by The Toyroom
              ZICA is KING!
              I concur!
              MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

Hear, hear!

Hey Craig, how'd the meeting with the sculptor go?
                JediJaida

Comment

• ZICA
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
                  Hear, hear!

Hey Craig, how'd the meeting with the sculptor go?
                  The meeting went extremely well. We actually figured out a possible solution to making the vintage style heads compatible with the body but soon discovered some other problems that make it difficult to justify the added costs.

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

In that case, stick with the original design, I love it the way it is.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• bgiles73
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 14, 2010

I don't have any Mego females yet. I planned to get Uhura, Chapel and Vina and update them with Zica bodies. Will these be compatible? I can see where a figure like Spectre Toy's Angelique figure from Dark Shadows wouldn't fit with the type of neck that figure has, but from pictures of EMCE's Uhura it almost looks like the neck configuration would work. Please, tell me that I'll be able to upgrade the ladies of Star Trek with Zica bodies as well.

Comment

• ZICA
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by bgiles73
                        I don't have any Mego females yet. I planned to get Uhura, Chapel and Vina and update them with Zica bodies. Will these be compatible? I can see where a figure like Spectre Toy's Angelique figure from Dark Shadows wouldn't fit with the type of neck that figure has, but from pictures of EMCE's Uhura it almost looks like the neck configuration would work. Please, tell me that I'll be able to upgrade the ladies of Star Trek with Zica bodies as well.
                        Unfortunately the neck isn't compatible with any of the heads that are currently available, vintage or otherwise. Adapters would have to be made to make this possible and I just can't justify the added cost.

Comment

• Mefiboschet
                          Career Member
                          • Nov 29, 2003

Unfortunately the neck isn't compatible with any of the heads that are currently available, vintage or otherwise. Adapters would have to be made to make this possible and I just can't justify the added cost.
                          Craig, from what I can conclude from the Prototype body and and head pictures, these adapters would have to be circular fittings, of which one end would go into the inside part of the neck on the body and the other end into the hole of the neckless Mego/ EMCE etc head. The adapator itself wouldn't be visible once it is snapped on. Is that correct? If so, I could provide such adaptors. I've made a variety of head adaptors in the past to fit shrunken Playmates, Big-Jim and other heads unto a Mego body. I made these on a turning lathe. Once the body will be available I could do proto adapters manually on a lathe and if there should be interest, it would be easy and cheap to run a couple of hundreds of them on a computerized (CNC) lathe.
                          Since the adaptor wouldn't show, it could be simply made in grey or whatever color.
                          Last edited by Mefiboschet; Jan 10, '11, 2:25 AM.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                            MeGoing
                            • May 14, 2003

^ Ahh, cooperation...now we're talkin'!

Comment

• ZICA
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Mefiboschet
                              Craig, from what I can conclude from the Prototype body and and head pictures, these adapters would have to be circular fittings, of which one end would go into the inside part of the neck on the body and the other end into the hole of the neckless Mego/ EMCE etc head. The adapator itself wouldn't be visible once it is snapped on. Is that correct? If so, I could provide such adaptors. I've made a variety of head adaptors in the past to fit shrunken Playmates, Big-Jim and other heads unto a Mego body. I made these on a turning lathe. Once the body will be available I could do proto adapters manually on a lathe and if there should be interest, it would be easy and cheap to run a couple of hundreds of them on a computerized (CNC) lathe.
                              Since the adaptor wouldn't show, it could be simply made in grey or whatever color.
                              The neck will have a post in it that the head will attach too, it just wasn't ready when the picture was taken. The diameter of the neck itself is too wide for a vintage MEGO or retro style head to fit correctly.

Comment

• Mefiboschet
                                Career Member
                                • Nov 29, 2003

The neck will have a post in it that the head will attach too, it just wasn't ready when the picture was taken. The diameter of the neck itself is too wide for a vintage MEGO or retro style head to fit correctly.
                                OK, I understand. That propably means, that the hole in the vintage (or retro) Mego head needs to be enlarged to just a little bit less than the diameter of your ZICA neck, so that there will be a smooth transition between neck and head. Then an adaptor would have to be glued inside the head to attach the head to the body properly.
                                It's a bit of work, but it should be doable.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎