X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuzzysnail
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 18, 2007

I like the low end.

thats quite a range. we just want to make toys to promote their brand....not remake the series...lol

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

What if we all pre-ordered a platoon of 8 inch Cylons? Would that help in getting this line made by ZICA?
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

A license like BSG would cost, at the very least, a good $10,000.00.

And that is a LOW figure to start!

I say we all take up a collection, aside from buying up the BR figures in droves, so that Craig can make this dream a reality.

At $29.99 a pop, he'd have to sell more than two or three THOUSAND of the BR figures to make a profit, depending upon how much he's sunk into the license, and all that goes with it.
        JediJaida

Comment

• Mefiboschet
          Career Member
          • Nov 29, 2003

Well,

let's not speculate about the license fee, but rather support Craig with the current BR project, in order to see a 8" BSG project realized. One good way to do this, is to order any figures directly from him and spread the word.

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

It's too bad that there are no young kids in my family. Otherwise I'd be buyin these figures for them.
            JediJaida

Comment

• starsky
              veteran member
              • Aug 26, 2007

yeah i agree, let's help craig make buck rogers a success!

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by starsky
                yeah i agree, let's help craig make buck rogers a success!
                Well that goes without saying...Craig makes it easy with a superior product....still it doesn't hurt to let it beknown we would love to see Battlestar Galactica get the same treatment.

Comment

• Vivisect
                  • Jun 16, 2010

Originally posted by Mefiboschet
                  Well,

let's not speculate about the license fee, but rather support Craig with the current BR project, in order to see a 8" BSG project realized. One good way to do this, is to order any figures directly from him and spread the word.
                  I agree, not to mention Craig is obviously keeping quite busy with what he has going on anyhow, and there's a fine line between keeping busy with a bunch of projects and losing your freakin mind.

I say this from experience.
                  sigpic

Comment

• boynightwing
                    That Carl Guy
                    • Apr 24, 2002

Originally posted by Captain
                    From past discussions here, I think the new BSG (and the JJ Trek movie) should be added to the "No-Religion--No Politics rule.

Some like it, some hate it.....actually its more like LOVE or absolutely DETEST!

I'll have to remember that so as not to stir any pots. lol.

I personally like both versions equally. Both have merit and a place in my heart. I think I just grew to know the new ones better as I became obsessed with it from week to week for close to 5 years.

Comment

• ironman1188
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 11, 2007

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                      Check your PMs.
                      Does someone have a Rick Springfield sculpt? I want Zac!
                      Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                      The recent 1/6 ones didn't fare well.
                      Majestic started them off with Apollo, Starbuck, silver and gold Cylon and Adamo, then went out of business. Amok Time wanted to pick up the ball, made a big fuss, simply re-released a couple of them (with only the tiniest of tweaks), then went silent again, though they had made Boomer and Athena prototypes. Face sculpts were OK, but not fantastic.
                      Somebody please do this line justice!
                      They made prototypes of Boomer, Athena, Tigh and Cain. And they were quite good having been sculpted by some of the best in the biz. The problem was everyone clamored that they WANTED them but no one bellied up to the bar and placed enough preorders to make it a worthwhile investment. An utter shame as I am DYING to have the rest of the 1:6 BSG in my collection.
                      Originally posted by Vivisect
                      I agree, not to mention Craig is obviously keeping quite busy with what he has going on anyhow, and there's a fine line between keeping busy with a bunch of projects and losing your freakin mind.

I say this from experience.
                      Hey Bill!! Check your emails when you get a chance please!
                      Bugler, sound the advance.

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

I may have mentioned this already, so if I have, let me know.

I have the Starbuck and Apollo figures from Amok Time.

The sculpts, while somewhat accurate, are very bland looking.

The articulation is nice, but the overall effect is somewhat stiff.

The helmet and blasters are cool, and very accurate, but everything else kinda falls flat.
                        JediJaida

Comment

• ironman1188
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 11, 2007

The Apollo and Starbuck were basically just Majestic's version re-released. There were plans to offer more accurate sculpts as the new figures were offered but instead the whole line died.

Comment

• joyandtomstudios
                            • Jan 5, 2010

There was never a rerelease on Starbuck and Apollo. Majestic released the regular figures and Amoktime was selling off the overstock from the Majestic run of figures. Amoktime did rerelease the Cylons with a few modifications. The plan was to release the new figures and then come back and do improved sculpts for Apollo and Starbuck. AT was satisfied with the Majestic Adama, but we were planning to do a sculpt to try and convience them it could be improved. I believe they wanted to do Baltar, Sheba and more, but there were some issues with the actors/estates that caused them to be excluded from the first planned wave.

Comment

• starsky
                              veteran member
                              • Aug 26, 2007

so will the figures be released again? i definitely think the majjestic adama was the best out of them all but unfortunately, i'm not a big adama fan. would really love a new sculpt of starbuck the one released looked nothing like dirk benedict.

Comment

• ironman1188
                                Veteran Member
                                • Mar 11, 2007

The line is dead in the water, at least for now. I am very sad to see that this line will not continue. I was blown away by the new sculpts and seeing the whole setup at ToyFair 08 was a real highlight for me.
                                Surprisingly, the Majestic Apollo and Starbuck are actually pretty decent with a repaint. I'll post pix when i get them all together.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎