Banned
    • Feb 6, 2010

OMG! Gotta get me some of those.

SC

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

I plan on putting my Green Arrow head on one, and maybe a couple of Ivanhoe or a Klingon head that I have in my spare parts bin.

These are gonna be SWEET to have!

Has anyone noticed that they are a smidge taller looking than vintage or repro Megos?

Stand the two side by side, and the ZICA does look to be a bit taller, but it may be a trick of the light, or the way that it's made.

Still, I'm gonna get a few!
      JediJaida

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

Thanks for the compliments everybody and I'm thrilled you're happy with the revisions. Even though the body is more muscular than a MEGO style body it doesn't come off looking like a steroid induced monstrosity, especially when clothed.

Originally posted by sprytel
        The body looks phenomenal. Can't wait to purchase these. And I feel I speak for everbody here when I say, we really do appreciate the periodic updates you keep sharing with the community.

Never would have thought to ask this before the debate over the Mattel body, but... what is the poseability like? Can he sit? kneel? bend at the waist?

Also, do you plan to offer the body in other colors and skin tones?

(I apologize if you've answered these questions before... if you did, I obviously forgot the answer)
        I always try to post updates when I can, especially since I know how much it sucks to be kept in the dark on stuff.

The body has a good range of poseability thanks to the added articulation and holds any pose you place it in very well. The waist swivels but doesn't bend.

Yes, the body will be offered in other colors and skin tones at some point.

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
          I plan on putting my Green Arrow head on one, and maybe a couple of Ivanhoe or a Klingon head that I have in my spare parts bin.

These are gonna be SWEET to have!

Has anyone noticed that they are a smidge taller looking than vintage or repro Megos?

Stand the two side by side, and the ZICA does look to be a bit taller, but it may be a trick of the light, or the way that it's made.

Still, I'm gonna get a few!
          Yes, the body is slightly taller than vintage or repro MEGO bodies. The plan was to make them the same size but the factory miscalculated a little on the rate of shrinkage in the plastic.

Comment

• william shatners toupee
            Warriors Gate Productions
            • Feb 18, 2010

The way Kirk looks on the reg Mego body has always been a major sad point and annoyance for me. That example of Kirk on your body was the perfect demonstration for it. It looks AMAZING! I can't wait to get one for mine!

Comment

• spamn
              Minty and All-Original!
              • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by ZICA
              Yes, the body is slightly taller than vintage or repro MEGO bodies. The plan was to make them the same size but the factory miscalculated a little on the rate of shrinkage in the plastic.
              I'm actually okay with slight variations in height from all the bodies we have to choose from now. Great work!

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

Doesn't really matter to me, just as long as the clothing fits without being impossible to remove!

JediJaida

Comment

• MeerkatMego
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 7, 2007

The body looks amazing. Looking forward to seeing the female body you design.
                  Meerkat Mego

Comment

• ribefex
                    Museum Patron
                    • Dec 19, 2008

Congratulations again. Everything I see and read from your line is fantastic. And I´m pretty sure it will be the best among all the new Mego-like series.

I specially like that you change the knee articulation. That kind of hidden articulation -as Hasbro 3 3/4" figures have- is more expensive to do? Are you going to use it in the elbows also, maybe in the future, or for the women body?

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by ribefex
                      Congratulations again. Everything I see and read from your line is fantastic. And I´m pretty sure it will be the best among all the new Mego-like series.

I specially like that you change the knee articulation. That kind of hidden articulation -as Hasbro 3 3/4" figures have- is more expensive to do? Are you going to use it in the elbows also, maybe in the future, or for the women body?
                      The female body design still hasn't been finalized yet so I'm not sure what type of articulation the elbow and knee joints will have. I've found that it can be a little difficult trying to get the right balance between articulation and appearance when designing the bodies. Seems as though there's no specific design that works best for both and there's always a compromise that that has to be made.

Comment

• spamn
                        Minty and All-Original!
                        • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by ZICA
                        The female body design still hasn't been finalized yet so I'm not sure what type of articulation the elbow and knee joints will have. I've found that it can be a little difficult trying to get the right balance between articulation and appearance when designing the bodies. Seems as though there's no specific design that works best for both and there's always a compromise that that has to be made.
                        This is the first time I've seen confirmation you're making fembody. That's great news. I'm twice as excited for your future figures now!

I never got into the Mego Buck Rogers line as a kid; the 3 3/4" figures were inferior to Micronauts and I never knew about the 12" line, and doubt I would've bought them if I had. But I am super psyched for these.

Comment

• Sandman9580
                          Career Member
                          • Feb 16, 2010

Beautiful work! Well-proportioned, not goofy, not over-muscled, perfect! These will make great superhero bodies for retro-Mattels. (It's amazing to me how big companies can get it wrong, and small companies can get it right. It's like the big ones go for the common denominator but end up miscalculating even that.)

Buck Rogers will probably be one of those rare "exception" lines for me, i.e. sometimes you're only a casual fan of the license but you get them anyway because the figures look amazing. (Excellence has a way of tipping the scales. ) Here's hoping your stable of licensed figures expands to include... everything. (Maybe you could do what Sideshow did for 12-inch, and sub-license Star Wars for an 8-inch format!)

Quick question. The old body was slightly taller than Megos, and the updated body looks slightly taller than the old. Is he growing, or is it just the way the feet or legs might be arranged?

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

I asked the same question and he said that the factory miscalculated the rate of shrinkage on the plastic they used for the figure.

I'm also looking forward to the new female figures, when they finally come out.

How about a rough sketch or blueprint to show us what's at least on the drawing board?
                            JediJaida

Comment

• Sandman9580
                              Career Member
                              • Feb 16, 2010

^ Yeah I saw your question and the answer you got.

I just meant the new, updated one looks to be even taller than the already taller old one.

Comment

• ZICA
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
                                I asked the same question and he said that the factory miscalculated the rate of shrinkage on the plastic they used for the figure.

I'm also looking forward to the new female figures, when they finally come out.

How about a rough sketch or blueprint to show us what's at least on the drawing board?
                                Originally posted by Sandman9580
                                ^ Yeah I saw your question and the answer you got.

I just meant the new, updated one looks to be even taller than the already taller old one.
                                There's nothing to show on the new female body because it hasn't even gotten to the planning stages yet. Reference material has been collected but that's pretty much it. Once they body gets to the prototype stage I'll be sure to post pics here first.

Yes, the revised Z-body is slightly taller than the original one but not by much, maybe a millimeter. It looks like the difference is greater in the picture but it's not.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎