Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kept back
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 2, 2002

Good lord this is going to rule. No more CTVT's cracked knees. No more overpriced eBay bids.
    Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
      Yes! Anyone making female customs put your females on hold until Aug/Sept. These bodies are going to be want we have been asking for for many, many, many years.

My daughter's Breyergirl/Super Heroines are so in desperate need of a body makeover. They all look silly because they are 1/2 inch taller then the male super hero counter parts.
      Does this mean that finally we'll have an end to all the:
      "Well, the Breyers are OKAY" comments?

I agree---- the Breyers tower over Megos and don't fit in well at all.

I gave up on 'em YEARS ago.

I'm with y'all who are saluting the arrival of the new EMCE female bodies.

Bless!
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
        Pat Troughton in disguise
        • Nov 21, 2007

That's much better..now for some big leaves and we can all recreate that scene in "The Final Frontier"...
        ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Bo8a_Fett
          That's much better..now for some big leaves and we can all recreate that scene in "The Final Frontier"...
          Please refrain from mentioning that movie again.
          "The Final Insult" would have been more appropriate.

I felt totally shatnered after seeing that one...
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
            Please refrain from mentioning that movie again.
            "The Final Insult" would have been more appropriate.

I felt totally shatnered after seeing that one...

It wasn't that bad...and You should read Bill Shatner's take on what when wrong with Movie. The Studio TOTALLY messed with Him...He didn't get to make the Movie He wanted to. They were supose to go looking for God...but find the Devil instead.
            sigpic

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

New EMCE/Dr. Mego Female bodies

I have an original Uhura head. I plan to get two regular Uhuras when they come out.

One to take out of the package, one to keep safe.

I plan on getting a red Star Trek style dress from Brian Leitner.

I have black tights that will fit nicely, and all I have to get are the boots.

Along with the repro tricorder, phaser, and communicator.

Doable, all doable.
              JediJaida

Comment

• Action Martin
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 30, 2007

This is great news! I've been holding off on female heroes and villains for a couple of months now because I was debating about getting the Breyers.
                Scott

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

Breyers!? Ick!

Never mind the bodies, the heads are atrocious! Those spooky looking eyes, and vacuous Barbie smiles are just not a good combination.

The heads are also too small, and they look deformed, compared to classic Mego and DocMego's recast of the Supergirl head.
                  JediJaida

Comment

• Action Martin
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 30, 2007

This brings up female heads. I've seen resin heads with resin hair but are there female heads available with "real" hair?
                    Scott

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

As far as I know, DocMego is the ONLY one that sells Mego scale female heads with actual rooted hair.

Unfortunately, she is only available as a Caucasian blonde with blue eyes, so if you are looking for an Asian, Hispanic or otherwise ethnic head, you are either SOL, or you will have to scalp one, repaint it, and reroot the head yourself.
                      JediJaida

Comment

• Speedy
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 12, 2002

Very nice bodies

Comment

• Cosmicman
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by huedell
                          Does this mean that finally we'll have an end to all the:
                          "Well, the Breyers are OKAY" comments?

I agree---- the Breyers tower over Megos and don't fit in well at all.

I gave up on 'em YEARS ago.

I'm with y'all who are saluting the arrival of the new EMCE female bodies.

Bless!
                          Sorry man. I will eat my crow. I was only doing the whole, get you Breyer Girl dolls as a promotion to help Dr. Mego. Now that he is going to be getting new female bodies I can finally give up the Breyer girls are OK comments.

I feel if I don't help the Doc out promoting his site eventually some day people will lose interest. I want to keep this stuff going. You know how it is?
                          More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• fallensaviour
                            Talkative Member
                            • Aug 28, 2006

Sweet!!!
                            This is so awesome.I can't wait...
                            Proper female bodies.My Megos are almost as excited as I am.
                            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
                              Sorry man. I will eat my crow. I was only doing the whole, get you Breyer Girl dolls as a promotion to help Dr. Mego. Now that he is going to be getting new female bodies I can finally give up the Breyer girls are OK comments.

I feel if I don't help the Doc out promoting his site eventually some day people will lose interest. I want to keep this stuff going. You know how it is?
                              I'll tell ya what...between the fact that I think DOC MEGO is like a savior
                              when it comes to my toy collection PLUS I am quite taken (and humbled)
                              by the documentation of your collection that you so thoughtfully share
                              with your daughter--I'd give you an easy pass on all the above ---not
                              that it matters what I "give a pass on" anyway (if something works for
                              you--- it works for you)!

Plus---I went through a pretty involved "BREYER PHASE" before
                              swearing off them for good---so in some ways I'm JUST as guilty
                              of "falling for the Breyer lure"!

Bottom line: We're lucky that's all now far behind us...
                              so CHEERS to the new bodies!
                              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Cosmicman
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by huedell
                                I'll tell ya what...between the fact that I think DOC MEGO is like a savior
                                when it comes to my toy collection PLUS I am quite taken (and humbled)
                                by the documentation of your collection that you so thoughtfully share
                                with your daughter--I'd give you an easy pass on all the above ---not
                                that it matters what I "give a pass on" anyway (if something works for
                                you--- it works for you)!

!
                                How many nine year old girls ask their daddy to make them an Earth Two Wonder Woman? It was funny. I had to snag a cheap beat up Wonder Woman off eBay and add gray hairs to the doll's head. I am still laughing about it.
                                More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎