X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

New EMCE ideas...

Isn't there a new Star Trek movie coming out, with younger actors playing the parts of the original ones?

Why not jump on the bandwagon and get the licensing for that?

Only problem is, the last movie was a right turkey, and I really don't think that Doc wants to take a bathwith one of his businesses.

And since everyone is into classical literature lately, how about Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, Byron, Keats, all those lovely people.

I still say that Valdemar is a good option.

Vanyel Ashkevron
    Lan Firestorm
    Darian Firkin
    Kiro
    Ma'ar
    Companions
    Gryffons

And how about Anne McCaffrey's Pern series?

Lessa
    F'lar
    Jaxom
    Ruth
    Mnemeth
    Ramoth
    JediJaida

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Spyweb007
      Doing some independent/small press comic book character super heroes would be less expensive than getting the big licenses since in many cases you would be dealing directly with the creators who are building their characters name recognition. Of course you won't have the kind of name recognition that the big guns have, but you also might get in on the next big thing just as a character really starts to take off.
      That exactly the route I'm taking. The license didn't cost me anything and working with a company that's equally as anxious to promote the product is a huge plus.

Comment

• mego73
        Printed paperboard Tiger
        • Aug 1, 2003

Realistically, I think something like Emergency! could be made and it would be enough of a hit for Doc to make a couple bucks.

Emergency! ran a long time in the 1970's and has an active fan base today that continue to buy the series on DVD (where as Universal has discontinued other 1970's series much to my chagrin)

And Doc could use mine (with a little refinement here and there I am sure) as prototypes

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Spyweb007
          Doing some independent/small press comic book character super heroes would be less expensive than getting the big licenses since in many cases you would be dealing directly with the creators who are building their characters name recognition. Of course you won't have the kind of name recognition that the big guns have, but you also might get in on the next big thing just as a character really starts to take off.

That's exactly the position My Friend Jay Piscopo is in! I'm helping Him build a Prototype for His New Character "CAPTAIN X"(see other Thread, here in Repica Chat )...and maybe down the road, He could get them mass produced.
          sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

I have suggested EMCE doing AJ in the past and the idea was quickly shot down b/c original AJ's can be found for roughly the same price anyway.

What I wanted to see however, were NEW AJ figures...like a "villian" to fight AJ or a partner or new outfits. I'd still love to see Mego's 1st 8" figure return!
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• drmego
              EMCE Toys
              • Jun 15, 2001

My pull with EMCE Toys

Do you know that I am EMCE Toys? I guess you never went
              to the informational website we set up EMCE TOYS!
              and read the About Us.

I do read all the posts, but I can't spend time every day
              reading them. And I found that it's better for me to post
              infrequently - preferably when I have something interesting
              to say.

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
              Doc comes here often and I am guessing he sees the posts. Unfortunatley he probably doesn't have as much pull with the EMCE company as you think. I am sure if you have an idea you can email it to him. He usually responds pretty quick to me when I have a serious question. I notice if I ask him something really less important he won't respond. I am sure he does that on purpose. LOL
              www.drmego.com
              www.megoman.com
              www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

So Doc.....any secret plans in the works we haven't heard about yet?

Comment

• drmego
                  EMCE Toys
                  • Jun 15, 2001

If I had a magic wand, I would be making Romans, knights, spartans, conquistadors,
                  pilgrims, Lincoln, revolutionary war soldiers, etc. but they don't sell well enough to
                  justify production expenses.

If the mego fan base was bigger - like the estimated 100,000 GI Joe fans - there
                  would be enough critical mass to explore these options.

So all I can do is work to build the base with proven properties and Robot Chicken.
                  They don't call TV a mass media for nothing.
                  www.drmego.com
                  www.megoman.com
                  www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

Would it be possible to start a line called "Robot Chicken" and buy individual likenesses of stars that appear on the show? For example, it may be cheaper to buy Mr.T's likenesses than purchase the rights to A-Team. There are a lot of has-been actors which appear on the show that could potentially be willing to make a few bucks off of their own likeness. Just an idea.

(Would anybody buy a Mego figure of Mark Hamill? David Hasselhoff? Burt Reynolds? Roddy Piper? Ricky Scroder?)

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

New EMCE ideas...

I'd buy one of Liam Neeson, Ewan MacGregor, Kenneth Branagh, Denzel Washington, Chris Eccleston, Paul McGann, David Tennant.

Unfortunately, the last three have been done to death by other Dr. Who customizers, so I don't really expect to get them.

The others however, I wanna get 'em!
                      JediJaida

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by JediJaida
                        I'd buy one of Liam Neeson, Ewan MacGregor, Kenneth Branagh!

Wow...those are all great Choices(I could have a Branagh Hamlet!!!), Neeson & MacGregor Jedi's!! I dought it will ever happen though.
                        Last edited by The Bat; Jun 20, '08, 6:38 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

New EMCE ideas...

Which is why we make our own! To make up for the deplorable lack of really cool customs!
                          JediJaida

Comment

• The Kryptonite Kid
                            Museum Gunslinger
                            • Oct 15, 2007

TV Ideas: What's Happening, The Fall Guy, Airwolf, Diff'rent Strokes, The Master (Lee Van Cleef Ninja series), Knight Rider (A Mego of the Hoff, a must buy). Just some ideas
                            NO SIR, I DIDN'T SEE YOU PLAYING WITH YOUR DOLLS AGAIN.

My Blog MCKENZIE MCKUSTOMS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mckustoms/

Flickr: CUSTOM MEGO SHOWCASE

MY GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• megocrazy
                              Museum Trouble Maker
                              • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by JediJaida
                              Isn't there a new Star Trek movie coming out, with younger actors playing the parts of the original ones?

Why not jump on the bandwagon and get the licensing for that?
                              Just because the actors are new and unheard of doesn't mean the cost will be cheaper. Especially with the release of the new movie. Knowing what I know, I bet that license will cost about $75,000. Maybe more. Your still paying for the Trek property and a previously unproduced one at that. I think with the success of the EMCE figures this may be highly sought after by the big companies,(if they're paying attention), looking to produce new likenesses. So doing the math if EMCE acquired that license and produced 15,000 new Trek figures. 5 characters 3000 each. They would have a cost of $5.00 each before you even started making anything from plastic and rubber. Those figures would probably have to sell for about $40 each when done IMO. Then you have to find 3000 people willing to pay $200 for the set of 5. I'm sure that would be a piece of cake. It would quickly go the route of the 12" Battlestar Galactica, and DC 13 inch figures. Beautifully done but clogging up shelves and ebay auctions because the price has broken most collectors in the wallet. I bought all 3 original BSG figures for $66 delivered, a few weeks ago. They were originally $59.99 each. There is a second wave of figures coming out for the BSG, but I believe a new company bought out the rights from the original producer. The new ones look really nice, but I doubt anyone that bought the original ones at $60 each is going to dive in when they ended up selling for 66% less in the end. That has to hurt sales on the newer figures. Especially in this economy. If this was so easy to do, many more would be.
                              It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• DocDrako
                                Formerly Doc Drako
                                • Nov 11, 2004

Originally posted by The Kryptonite Kid
                                ...The Master (Lee Van Cleef Ninja series)...
                                I've always wanted a Mego style ninja that just looks like a ninja and not some modern bright orange thing. I'm too lame to make my own, so I'm waiting to get one that someone else mass produces.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎