looks acceptable to me

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Teemu
      looks acceptable to me
      You are kidding, right?
      Last edited by LonnieFisher; Apr 28, '15, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
        You are kidding, right?
        of course I am kidding...you should know I am a big advocate for these sets being made well and have made known my complaints about these sets. I was being facetious,because there are some here who don't think there is anything wrong with these sets, blinded by being happy were are getting Mego's again.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

wow, those boots look like crap. Even if they weren't deformed they still have some texture that shouldn't be there.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• David Lee
            The Fix-it-up Chappie
            • Jun 10, 2002

We had that happen on the Phantom, if the boots are still hot, straight out of the mold, they will conform to whatever gets stuffed inside. This is what happens when the factory worker jams a freshly un-molded boot over a bunched up body suit.

Dave

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
            You are kidding, right? Because this is not acceptable in the least. It's garbage that should have been scrapped in the factory. One little boot like this can make me decide not to buy anymore of them. Since I bought five Spider-man sets and two of the Captain America sets, they will be loosing a great customer. Not the kind of loss you want if you're in the business of making money.
            Look again with a regular boot next to it. Do you really find this acceptable?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

The suit under the boot wasn't bunched up. It was very smooth and form fitted. I think it happened being pulled out of the mold. Stretched while it was still hot.
              Last edited by LonnieFisher; Apr 29, '15, 4:55 PM.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

I opened up Cap and my boots are significantly better than what is pictured. I can see a small bit of deformity on the left boot, but I probably would not have even noticed if not having the issue pointed out.

Comment

• comicmike
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 22, 2009

the bottom back heel of one my cap boots was twisted. i put it in boiling water and put it (mostly) back in shape. Gosh....i could not say if this would work for you, but boiling it surely wouldn't make it any worse... man, this sucks! such a wonderful, premium figure. i feel bad about your boot.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by comicmike
                    the bottom back heel of one my cap boots was twisted. i put it in boiling water and put it (mostly) back in shape. Gosh....i could not say if this would work for you, but boiling it surely wouldn't make it any worse... man, this sucks! such a wonderful, premium figure. i feel bad about your boot.
                    I tried that before I put the pictures up. It didn't work. I thought about using my heat gun, but I think that would might make it worse. I also thought about dabbing acetone on the bubbled out parts to try and shrink it down, but also think it's possible to make it worse doing that.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

So these boots are rubber/vinyl? Why are they doing that, that's not very "Mego" for Cap.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        So these boots are rubber/vinyl? Why are they doing that, that's not very "Mego" for Cap.
                        Yeah, I was wondering about that. Seems an odd choice of material.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

They are rubber. I really like them, besides the warped one I got. The Spider-man, modern Captain America, and Steve Rogers boots are also all rubber.

Comment

• Teemu
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            majority of this figure is not very mego...the floppy Star,boots,the million times creased shield sticker,the fabric used...the heart was there,but the attempt failed

Comment

• tllgn
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 6, 2010

My Retro cap boots appear to be fine ,But there was a guy that had the figure shown on youtube in a new video ,and one of the boots
                              on his retro Cap appears a bit warped .this might be a more common problem then first thought.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jul 27, 2009

I still haven't picked these up and every time I think I will some other issue crops up. Warped boots, floppy stars, poor sticker on the shield...for the price of these, this shouldn't happen. I just can't pull the trigger on these much as I'd like too.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎