Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

I have ALL 6 of the Spidey and Cap figures lined and they are so cool! I passed on Wolverine for now may get him if more X-Men are made. Definitely getting Thor! Hope Iron Man is next!

As for females I have the recent Marvel Legends Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel, Spider-Woman, and Hellcat and they would all make great Megos!

I bet Dr Doom is 1st villain and I want Green Goblin, too!

Comment

• lilbrosj66
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by wise guy
      The part of Cap's head that I can see in this pic shows blue paint on the front of his ear.
      And his eyes are kinda wonky, too.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
        Bummed that the star emblems on both costumes are poorly attached.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14995[/ATTACH]
        I don't know they didn't just silkscreen the Star on like Austin did.
        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

the button sewn star kills it for me. Its as critical as Superman's big S on his chest. Add in the goofed up box, low riding crotch pants and it blows one sale.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

I am buying these for the replica Mego figures and I keep all my toys MIB / MOC / MIP so this is very disappointing that you can only see half of Cap's head in the window box. I can't believe it actually got released like that. I definitely hope this issue is addressed for future releases.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              the button sewn star kills it for me. Its as critical as Superman's big S on his chest. Add in the goofed up box, low riding crotch pants and it blows one sale.
              And now that I look again, the sticker on the shield is attached really poorly as well. The original Mego one that I have had "cuts" or "darts" in the sticker to allow it to adhere more smoothly to the plastic shield. I wish they would have done it with this one. Or painted it like the others are.

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                And now that I look again, the sticker on the shield is attached really poorly as well. The original Mego one that I have had "cuts" or "darts" in the sticker to allow it to adhere more smoothly to the plastic shield. I wish they would have done it with this one. Or painted it like the others are.
                the sticker is crap...mine has 9 creases in it

the original sticker cap has three creases and was a 3 sectional star sticker...the EMCE sticker is just put on creating an over abundant amount of creases in the shield..

Comment

• wise guy
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 29, 2014

I just recieved mine in the mail from BBTS and the sticker on the shield looks so bad that I am thinking about returning it . I am afraid to exchange it because
                  the next one could be as bad or worse .

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

I just recieved mine in the mail from BBTS and the sticker on the shield looks so bad that I am thinking about returning it . I am afraid to exchange it because
                    I don't think it gets any better. I was tempted to return mine too when I saw the shield sticker. It really is that bad; right up there with the star for me.

After putting together my modern pinhead, faded webs Spider-Man and modern Cap with his assortment of issues, I am quickly losing interest in this line. Even the repro boxes are a mess (one box is shorter than the other; Cap's box is matte, while Spidey's is glossy) and the display potential of those is lost.

I might just open the repro figures to see how well done they are. Wolverine is already pre-ordered and I would really like a repro Thor, which I never had as a kid. But if the repros aren't any better than the other figures after they are put onto bodies, I might just move on from these.

I really had high expectations for Cap.
                    Last edited by TRDouble; Apr 21, '15, 9:54 PM.

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by TRDouble
                      I don't think it gets any better. I was tempted to return mine too when I saw the shield sticker. It really is that bad; right up there with the star for me.

After putting together my modern pinhead, faded webs Spider-Man and modern Cap with his assortment of issues, I am quickly losing interest in this line. Even the repro boxes are a mess (one box is shorter than the other; Cap's box is matte, while Spidey's is glossy) and the display potential of those is lost.

I might just open the repro figures to see how well done they are. Wolverine is already pre-ordered and I would really like a repro Thor, which I never had as a kid. But if the repros aren't any better than the other figures after they are put onto bodies, I might just move on from these.

I really had high expectations for Cap.
                      I feel the same way...these sets have so many flaws and some/few folks here are so (blindly) happy they are getting Marvel Mego's that they don't even seem to care, even if it means inaccuracy to the original Mego figures,crappy materials and sticker/paint applications on the heads and accessories.For $80 shipped (having ONE body and 3 outfits) I expect better QC and overall better quality.

I am not buying their (Captain Action,famous cover) Wolverine...

Thor,Dr Doom,Iron Man and a Falcon I want.After that,I am probably out

From what I can easily see..these sets are plenty available everywhere online and are not selling out (or selling very slowly) with the vendors which in turn means they will not order future sets if they continue to sit on stock.If quality also continues to stay the same,then don't expect many more sets that DST wants to make

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 4, 2011

I'm pretty much stopping with Spiderman and Captain America. I don't think I will regret skipping future releases unless there are some major improvements and from what I have seen, the pics so far don't have me all that excited about the figures. Especially Thor's molded hair and Wolverine's cheesy blades.

Comment

• wise guy
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 29, 2014

These are like a Christmas present that you have waited months for and it falls apart when you open it

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

The shield sticker is very badly done; why didn't they simply do what Mego did, and have overlapping cuts that minimized the puckering? Having one flat piece on a curved surface makes the problem we see with the sticker inevitable. There were some really, needlessly bad choices made with this set.

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by scott metzger
                              The shield sticker is very badly done; why didn't they simply do what Mego did, and have overlapping cuts that minimized the puckering? Having one flat piece on a curved surface makes the problem we see with the sticker inevitable. There were some really, needlessly bad choices made with this set.
                              Add to that my repro box being stuck to the inner box again. It was not quite as bad as Spider-Mans, but I still had to take great care in removing it without damaging it... only to see that it was shorter than Spidey's box :( Kind of messes up the display (like the half covered face already didn't).

Not sure why they can't just put a divider in the package to keep the repro box in place without resorting to using sticky goo.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

My Cap didn't come with his box stuck in the outer box. It was just in place, with no sticky double sided tape. I assumed they all came loose this time.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎