Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpaceAgent
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 21, 2009

Got mine today, and it's very good -- the packaging is a real improvement over Spider-Man, but it still has a way to go. The star problem is inexcusable. Yes, it's easily remedied, but that's not the point. At this price point, none of us should have to make our own modifications. I still don't like the way the plastic holding in the accessories is glued down. Lastly, I feel the face of the modern Cap could have been better.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Teemu
      Cap upgraded again....this time shoulder harness straps....best reason for having this set is this figure alone

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14834[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14835[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14836[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14837[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14838[/ATTACH]
      That looks fantastic, really adds to the figure.

Comment

• TMANSTOYS
        CALLING ALL DUKES !!
        • May 12, 2011

Love mine !!! The star is really bad, but I can fix it.
        "JUST 2 GOOD OLE BOYS,NEVER MEANING NO HARM "

Comment

• Glantern
          • Mar 6, 2015

I got my Cap a few days ago, but I've just now had the chance to open him up. I was apprehensive at first, but I really like this figure. Just need to fix that star!

Comment

• tllgn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 6, 2010

I was just wondering why they added two extra caucasian hands,i would have liked them to have seen them done red ,so that if you
            wanted he can hold the new shields better,although not detailed . The new shields have a small handle ,you can just use the straps on
            the new shield ,but not the 1940s one,just curious.

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

^^i mean that the retro figure already has flesh hands and that if the other set were red it would look better for the costume and
              the hand can be fit into the small shield handles.the new hands are to big.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

The 1940s shield isn't colored correctly. It's supposed to have some blue stripes. Not a complaint, just an observation.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 23, 2001

Just curious...people are complaining about the price point of the figure and my question is why? The way I look at it is that you are essentially getting 3 figures for $60 - $80. Last time I checked a complete original Mego Cap goes for more than $75. The closer you get to mint the higher the price goes. Most likely topping $100. The 2 other figures in the set just need a body for the clothing and heads you get in the set. You also get a repro box and a bigger display box. I'm confused about all the complaining on the price point. To me it sounds like a pretty good bargain. You're getting a repro of the original and 2 ready made custom figures that you had nothing to do but put them on a body...No molding, casting, sewing or anything that it takes to make a custom. Just put the heads and clothing on a body. Kitbash...DONE! Like I said, try to get a complete all original Mego Cap or for that fact try and get a Cap that needs work and it will cost you more than $20 - $25. Just a thought before complaining about price point on this set.
                  "When not too many people can see we're all the same
                  And because of all their tears,
                  Their eyes can't hope to see
                  The beauty that surrounds them
                  Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
                  By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
                  Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

Comment

• warlock664
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 15, 2009

I believe the main complaint regarding the price is that you can't just buy the repro figure alone, you're forced to buy all three. I understand it isn't EMCE's fault, as that was the stipulation with the license, but there are a lot of folks who just want the vintage reproduction.

Comment

• spiderman67
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jan 28, 2010

Purchase the set and a couple of bodies,keep the repro Cap and sell the other two on ebay or something along those lines.That way you can recoupe some of that $80 plus cost of bodies.
                      Take two mego's and call me in the morning.

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by spiderman67
                        Purchase the set and a couple of bodies,keep the repro Cap and sell the other two on ebay or something along those lines.That way you can recoupe some of that $80 plus cost of bodies.
                        That's exactly what I did, I sold the Repro Spiderman MIB for $46.00....the Peter Parker outfit for $13.00= $59.00 on a set I paid $69.00 for on BBTS.

So I get to keep the Peter Parker head & modern Spiderman for $10.00...I'm happy.

With this set I plan to sell the Original repro Mego Cap on eBay, with a starting price of $34.99
                        sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

I've found more people are interested in the new modern costume than the repro, and not very much interest in the secret identity outfits.

Comment

• pmwasson
                            Maker
                            • Sep 12, 2007

I just put the updated Captain America costume and head on a Type-S body and replaced the star with my own Laser Mego vinyl star and am really impressed with the figure. Its a big improvement over the original Mego version. I have him posed with the new round shield on his left arm and his right hand saluting.

Thanks EMCE for giving us new Marvel Megos!
                            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 4, 2011

Bummed that the star emblems on both costumes are poorly attached and the way the window box is made, it prevents the top half of Cap's head from showing.

P1020480.jpg

Comment

• wise guy
                                Career Member
                                • Dec 29, 2014

The part of Cap's head that I can see in this pic shows blue paint on the front of his ear.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎