Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

Glad I decided to pass on these sets; it's true what they say, you can't go home again.

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

The star thing really doesn't bother me all that much, I have two repro stickers already just sitting around. So, when I sell the repro Cap on eBay, I'll offer to throw in a sticker. The other star I'll keep for myself for the modern Cap.
      sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

On Easter, my brother-in-law who collects super hero figures and comics brought out the Captain America and Spider-Man sets, to my surprise. I thought that they looked pretty good, overall. I was surprised by the detached star attached to Captain America's chest. I hadn't kept up with these threads for those sorts of details prior to yesterday. Unfortunately, he keeps everything in the box/package, so I had no opportunity to handle the figures, etc.

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• wise guy
          Career Member
          • Dec 29, 2014

The star is worse if you don't open your set but Emce used to sell Decals of WGH that come with Cap's star. I bought a few of those and they work pretty good so not a problem for me. My modern Cap head fit perfectly in a New FTC body from China . I bought several of these bodies and although not as good a Zica type -S, or as
          buffed as a Emce swivel, it does fit in with my WGH and has a mego fit to costume. Some of the FTC bodies are better than others starting with Conan, while the
          first series ones are not very good at all

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

I just put modern Cap and Spider-Man onto Type-S bodies and working with Spider-Man, I realized that the thickness of the Type-S neck hole is the reason that the heads don't fit perfectly in those bodies. The DST neck plugs are a millimeter or two too small in the well area, so the body does not fit into it to keep the head from popping out. The costumes are a bit tight as well, which is most apparent in the crotch area, where it is not a snug fit. It was tough getting Caps suit snapped in the back too.

The hands fit perfecting in the arms and once you get done struggling with these, the overall results are good. Love the extra pose-ability the Type-S gives Spider-Man. But Spidey has a pin head compared to Cap though. Looks odd when side-by-side.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 23, 2001

Got my set on Thursday. The only thing that bothers me in the set is the shield sticker. If you have an original Mego Cap you can see that the shield sticker is put on the shield with with 3 cuts in the sticker. Doesn't look like they did it with this version. That's why it's creased. I haven't taken the set out of the box yet. With all the horror stories about the Spidey I am just tempted to keep it in the box. But that shield sticker just bothers the hell out of me.
              "When not too many people can see we're all the same
              And because of all their tears,
              Their eyes can't hope to see
              The beauty that surrounds them
              Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
              By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
              Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by TRDouble
                I just put modern Cap and Spider-Man onto Type-S bodies and working with Spider-Man, I realized that the thickness of the Type-S neck hole is the reason that the heads don't fit perfectly in those bodies. The DST neck plugs are a millimeter or two too small in the well area, so the body does not fit into it to keep the head from popping out. The costumes are a bit tight as well, which is most apparent in the crotch area, where it is not a snug fit. It was tough getting Caps suit snapped in the back too.

The hands fit perfecting in the arms and once you get done struggling with these, the overall results are good. Love the extra pose-ability the Type-S gives Spider-Man. But Spidey has a pin head compared to Cap though. Looks odd when side-by-side.
                not sure what your doing, but the heads (Cap and Spidey) fit just fine on the S-type bodies

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                  Got my set on Thursday. The only thing that bothers me in the set is the shield sticker. If you have an original Mego Cap you can see that the shield sticker is put on the shield with with 3 cuts in the sticker. Doesn't look like they did it with this version. That's why it's creased. I haven't taken the set out of the box yet. With all the horror stories about the Spidey I am just tempted to keep it in the box. But that shield sticker just bothers the hell out of me.
                  just the shield? the shield with 5-7 creases in it is much more accurate than the chest star barely attached by a thread

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Teemu
                    not sure what your doing, but the heads (Cap and Spidey) fit just fine on the S-type bodies
                    Not on mine. The neck torso part will not fit into the groove of the heads. It's not loose; it is actually a nice, tight fit. But the heads can easily come out (and go back in) because the neck plug is not secured inside the body because of the heads shallow groove.

Maybe your heads or bodies are different than mine.

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

I got my Capt America sets the other day.their pretty cool.the original capt is my favorite its to bad the box is a pinch shorter then
                      spideys,and cant see his face to well through the window,but i still think its neat.i was delighted with the sculpts and head size of new
                      Capt & Steve rogers heads,they really pop.and have that mego feel (unlike Parker which was much harder and just to small) All the parts
                      and shields were great (even the classic one,which is just a sticker on a red plastic shield,rather then black,like mego used).after
                      reading the booklet & seeing all the work they put into this set,The star emblem application seems to be an after thought.they
                      should have had it screen printed.Bif bang pow did this with their Big bang theroy star trek emblems,and they looked great.i hope
                      they do the falcon & perhaps other costumed Capts that were pictured in the booklet.And another nice touch is they didnt glue
                      in the repro-box,all in all my take is ..thumbs up to Dr mego and diamond & everyone who brought this project into my collection.
                      looking forward to Wolverine.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 24, 2007

I would love to see some pics.....Please!

Comment

• Boywonder0
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by tllgn
                          I got my Capt America sets the other day.their pretty cool.the original capt is my favorite its to bad the box is a pinch shorter then
                          spideys,and cant see his face to well through the window,but i still think its neat.i was delighted with the sculpts and head size of new
                          Capt & Steve rogers heads,they really pop.and have that mego feel (unlike Parker which was much harder and just to small) All the parts
                          and shields were great (even the classic one,which is just a sticker on a red plastic shield,rather then black,like mego used).after
                          reading the booklet & seeing all the work they put into this set,The star emblem application seems to be an after thought.they
                          should have had it screen printed.Bif bang pow did this with their Big bang theroy star trek emblems,and they looked great.i hope
                          they do the falcon & perhaps other costumed Capts that were pictured in the booklet.And another nice touch is they didnt glue
                          in the repro-box,all in all my take is ..thumbs up to Dr mego and diamond & everyone who brought this project into my collection.
                          looking forward to Wolverine.
                          ^^^Great! Thanks for sharing! Sooo looking forward for mine to arrive! Coming from EE and seems to take a lifetime!^^^

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 12, 2014

My Spidey head pops out too.

Originally posted by Teemu

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

Cap upgraded again....this time shoulder harness straps....best reason for having this set is this figure alone

100_7149.jpg100_7137.jpg100_7138.jpg100_7135.jpg100_7150.jpg

Comment

• Ivaniski
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jun 24, 2007

Awesome

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡