Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DSTZach
    Museum Super Collector
    • Mar 1, 2012

Modern suit might be my favorite! Finally got around to changing the clothes on mine:

B7574mnCYAAFaQ6.jpg

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
      The head is painted vinyl and appropriately "squishy". I generally don't like faces to be flesh colored paint: I passed on Capts. Pike and Picard for this reason.
      Wow, painted vinyl heads? I did not expect that...extremely disappointing. Do the old Mego Spidey and the new modern Spidey also have painted heads?

Like you, I did not buy Picard for this reason and threw away the Cpt.Pike head. I'm now going over to BBTS right now to cancel my CAPTAIN AMERICA set and WOLVEINE set. I'm bummed.
      sigpic

Comment

• Krypt0nite
        Radioactive!
        • Feb 13, 2010

I don't have them in front of me right now, but I think both Spidey heads are molded in red with the details painted on.

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

The pics justify my decision earlier today to cancel my order. These could pass for some decent customs but a miss as far as real mego's for me.

Very disappointed but Paul manned-up and quickly said he'd follow up to see what did and didn't work. Hopeful that they get future waves "right". I'll pass on Captain America as well until I see reviews.

I really think they need to step up their game for the high price point.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Teemu
            I don't see famous covers as a failure...the line lasted 5 waves plus exclusives and close to 40 figures...by far from a failure! and is probably the biggest 8" line to go as far as Mego.
            Screamy heads aside, Famous Covers got me back into Mego Collecting, and gave me figures in the "cloth outfit" format that I only dreamed about as a kid. Also one of the few times in my life where I"ve managed to complete an entire set, so arguably the birth of my collecting habit.

I have a soft spot for Exclusive Permeire figures too.

But yeah, nothing compares to Mego format for me nowadays.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Boywonder0
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by BATMAN89
              Speaking of NECA...
              How are they putting out awesome figures without the typical complaints that we hear about FTC, BBP, etc.?
              NECA figures look great... Great head sculpts and attention to detail but... Even they have flaws. NECA's POTA Taylor has the worst astronaut suit I've ever seen. Very cheap!

Furthermore, in my book, to be true re-Mego figures must have pop off heads, removable gloves, boots, belts and clothes. The ability to customize and mix parts and accessories is part of the fun and Mego charm. NECA don't have any of these traits...

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by BATMAN89
                Speaking of NECA...
                How are they putting out awesome figures without the typical complaints that we hear about FTC, BBP, etc.?
                I've heard some, they're not immune to QC issues, like the misfits fiend paints and Taylor's suit.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

Great pics. As pointed out earlier, he has a longer Cumberbatch-type face, and not a square Romita. That, combined with scale, looks like the original head was squished.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13829[/ATTACH]

Depending on the angle, the Parker head can look small or look fine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13830[/ATTACH]

This is how I'm going to display them; in my opinion this is my best photo of them.

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Turns out it wasn't to late...just cancelled my Spiderman set as well.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Confessional
                      Maker & Whatnot
                      • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                      NECA figures look great... Great head sculpts and attention to detail but... Even they have flaws. NECA's POTA Taylor has the worst astronaut suit I've ever seen. Very cheap!

Furthermore, in my book, to be true re-Mego figures must have pop off heads, removable gloves, boots, belts and clothes. The ability to customize and mix parts and accessories is part of the fun and Mego charm. NECA don't have any of these traits...
                      I get the point you're making but your characterization isn't quite accurate… I haven't had any trouble taking the belts or clothes off NECA figs…*the hands and heads pop off as well but require some retro fitting to crossbreed with others.

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13827[/ATTACH]

The costume feels somewhat fragile: the button popped off immediately upon being buttoned. The figure is an older Doc Mego, BTW.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13828[/ATTACH]

The Spidey replica is great: great fit, sturdy body. I put the fists on the body just for a bit of a different look.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13829[/ATTACH]

Depending on the angle, the Parker head can look small or look fine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13830[/ATTACH]

This is how I'm going to display them; in my opinion this is my best photo of them.

The web-shooters fit perfectly over or under his sleeves; The boots are nice and snug as well. The belt was a bit difficult to get on but works fine. The crotch is very loose on his costume. The webbing under his arms looks nice.

All in all, this product is...fairly good. Whether 'fairly good' is worth the sticker price is a judgment call. I decided to go ahead and make the purchase in order to support the line: I really want to see this line succeed and I hope the, well, bugs can be worked out before Captain America ships.
                        Thanks for posting these pics...they look much better than the ones posted last night, and the circle suit Spidey looks good enough I may actually eat crow and pick this set up.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                          Radioactive!
                          • Feb 13, 2010

One of the things that doesn't photograph that well is the under-arm webs: they turned out a lot nicer that the pics show.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                            Year Five!!
                            • Jan 26, 2012

Just want to say thank you for everyone posting the pictures and the reviews.

After seeing better pictures and talking with Kevin I went and took the plunge.
                            I was real nervous yesterday - but when the dust cleared they don't look as bad as I first thought.
                            "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• Wise4671
                              Banned
                              • Aug 11, 2007

I agree Vinny. I'm once again looking forward to getting mine in.

Comment

• wise guy
                                Career Member
                                • Dec 29, 2014

I decided to buy 1 set and review it myself because the retro spidey looks good in every pic i have seen so far . It's too bad about the box

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎