• Sep 27, 2010

no that's not the image i saw; it was mego thor,don blake and modern thor

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by powersthatbe
      no that's not the image i saw; it was mego thor,don blake and modern thor
      Damn...that's the only one I could find.
      sigpic

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

Cool!

sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• ZombieJimC
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 12, 2014

WOW!!! They look Great! Hope the set comes with two hammers.

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

I second that...cool!
            sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

that star crest on cap looks like it's ready to fall off and why is mjonir in two pieces in the package?

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 12, 2014

I got a question. Looking at this Thor set and the pics I have seen of the Cap set, why dont they come with wrists? The Spidey set had them.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

Nice! Marvel sets keep getting better! Where's Mego Thor's hammer? Love Dr Blake secret ID with lab coat and scrubs and CANE! Modern Thor is awesome chain mail reminds me of Mego Romulan!

I wish there would be more Marvel sets at Toy Fair! Still holding out for Iron Man! Don't know how Hulk can be done! Anxiously await 1st FEMALE set!

Comment

• powersthatbe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 27, 2010

i think with hulk it would be a hulk body,a mego hulk,a classic kirby hulk head,doc banner head and clothing(and the collector would have to get a spare body from dr mego's site or elsewhere) iron man we would know how that would go,they would have to do his iconic look as the mego one strangely did his rare look with the nose faceplate.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                      • Mar 15, 2008

Sweet looking prototypes, Doc! I'm in for the set!
                      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                        i think with hulk it would be a hulk body,a mego hulk,a classic kirby hulk head,doc banner head and clothing(and the collector would have to get a spare body from dr mego's site.
                        I would be interested in a Hulk set if Doc Would have his 8" Hulk body cast in green. Heck, I would have already bought one by now and put an original Mego Hulk head on it.
                        sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

I don't think the Hulk will be part of this line, but I could be wrong. It doesn't fit the theme of three of the same character and one body.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by ZombieJimC
                            I got a question. Looking at this Thor set and the pics I have seen of the Cap set, why dont they come with wrists? The Spidey set had them.
                            It would be a lot harder to change the hands without the wrist joint being attached. I hope they don't short us on wrist pieces.

Comment

• pmwasson
                              Maker
                              • Sep 12, 2007

The Spider-Man prototype didn't have wrists either, but the final product did and in the correct red color. I'm guessing its just easier to cast the hands in resin without the wrists so that is what is shown for the prototypes, but the final product will have them.
                              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• scott metzger
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                                Got my Dr Mego bodies for updated Spidey and Peter Parker outfits and the full figures are amazing! *I wish Peter's camera had a strap!
                                It does have holes on each side, so I'm going to pick up some black string for it.

Got the Spidey set, and it is quite nice. I used two old Mego bodies so I have three ful figures, and it's worth the effort. The Peter head has a good, flat paint job, nowhere near as shiny as some pics have made it look. THe clothes fit on a Mego with no problem, and it looks good, if not a tad bulky in the torso (a one piece vest with shirt sleeves and collar might have worked better), but that's not a major problem. THe glasses are basically useless, as they don't fit at all and are way to big looking, but Pete looks fine without them. The vintage Spidey is right on, and duplicates the first release suit well (sold off my worn out, scraggly original years ago on ebay, so it's kind of nice to have it back). I like that the material is good quality; the thicker stuff Mego started using toward the end for Spidey was definitely not. The second Spidey (which i refer to in my head as 70's TV Spidey) goes together well, and the extra pieces really do give him a Nicholas Hammond flair, though I think they were actually going for a Captain Action vibe. THe head is maybe a tad small on this one, but not bad enough to ruin the figure. All in all, considering I had spare bodies available, it was worth the price for what basically amounts to three figures. If the subsequent releases are of the same quality, I'm in for the long haul (although I am hoping for a better look at the final version of Wolverine before committing to that set).

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎