Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drmego
    EMCE Toys
    • Jun 15, 2001

I spoke to the owner of Planet X today and he told me the best thing for us to do
    at this point is to go to his website and pre-order Khan.

I explained to him about the problem we had with the Greatest American
    Hero FX figure and wanted to make sure that Khan would not hit the
    stores in June, sell out of his store, then be on ebay for $100 in July.

He understood and is interested in long-term sales, not a fast buck.
    Hastings has many stores so the Khan figure will be spread out among
    them and when they are gone, that's it.

You can also order from Planet X by phone at (416) 285-4421.
    www.drmego.com
    www.megoman.com
    www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Hulk
      Mayor of Megoville
      • May 10, 2003

Maybe that explains why they haven't responded to my inquiries. I still hope I can get spare some Hastings stock shipped to the store about 90 miles away from here. Luckily my brother lives in that town. But I would have to say the chances of preordering from anyone else seem pretty slim.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Like I said, I'm happy to pick these up at Planet X. I already have a bunch put aside. People have been really cool to me about US exclusives in the past few years. I will be going there to pick up my own on the release date so it's no bother, they're 20 minutes from my house.

I will only charge my cost plus shipping and ship same day. If need be, I will also head over there before Megomeet and get a few more for the show.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

Thanks palitoy...I think there's a lot of us who will take you up onthe offer.

Very cool of you.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• livnxxxl
            Megoholic RocketScientist
            • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by drmego
            I am trying to get in touch with Planet X, since they are a small retailer, to see if
            they will let me buy a few hundred.
            I hope this works out for you. I was just getting ready to place another order on your site soon. I hope to obtain a couple of Khan's as well.
            Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• livnxxxl
              Megoholic RocketScientist
              • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
              Like I said, I'm happy to pick these up at Planet X. I already have a bunch put aside. People have been really cool to me about US exclusives in the past few years. I will be going there to pick up my own on the release date so it's no bother, they're 20 minutes from my house.

I will only charge my cost plus shipping and ship same day. If need be, I will also head over there before Megomeet and get a few more for the show.
              PM sent. Thanks!
              Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Colf72
                • Feb 21, 2008

I sent an e-mail reserving and got a response that I was added to the list. I am not confident in this process. Why do I get the feeling I will be buying my Khan via e-bay for a 200% markup? I hate exclusives......

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                  valar morghulis
                  • Mar 8, 2005

NewForce has secured an allotment of Khans from Planet X.. this is from NewForce's Trek newsletter:

We got word from Planet X in Canada, that they will commit to wholesaling us a small quantity of their Exclusive Retro cloth Khan figure, as seen in Space Seed (mego'esque figure). Now, we have conditions....First, initially a maximum of 2 pieces per
                  customer may be ordered (if we can secure more later, we will lift this),
                  and even then, allocations might occur. Second, because these will
                  ship from Hong Kong to the exclusive retailer in Canada to us in the
                  US, we cannot guarantee packaging condition, nor will we even try (we are
                  happy just to be getting some!)...we will ship first in, first out,
                  without regard to packaging condition (the plastic cards, as most know, are
                  designed to be opened any way), and our shipping costs will be slightly
                  higher than normal ($9.95 vs normal $7.95), to help absorb/offset the
                  cost of getting the figures from CAN to us.
                  Pre-order is up here:

http://newforcecomics.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=retro

If you order two instead of one, shipping will probably be an extra $1, if anything. That's how Rick usually does it.

View this as just an alternative to going through Planet X directly. I've been a NewForce customer for many years, and they have all my ship information etc, so for me this makes sense.

Comment

• drmego
                    EMCE Toys
                    • Jun 15, 2001

The more pro-active we are about Khan, the better it will turn out.

No retailer wants to commit a lot of money unless they see a lot of interest.

The purpose of making these figures is to sell them to the greatest number
                    of people. These are not limited editions.
                    www.drmego.com
                    www.megoman.com
                    www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Captain
                      Fighting the good fight!
                      • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by drmego
                      The more pro-active we are about Khan, the better it will turn out.

No retailer wants to commit a lot of money unless they see a lot of interest.

The purpose of making these figures is to sell them to the greatest number
                      of people. These are not limited editions.
                      ...So, if a major chain retailer took a liking to these, we could conceivably see the whole line re-issued in mass production?

I'm hoping the answer is yes! As I've mentioned elsewhere, Toys R Us in Canada started carrying a lot of Diamonds toy lines, and with the notable exceptions of the Deep Space 9 and Battlestar Galactica figures, they have been selling like gangbusters. The Wrath of Khan stuff went very fast, as did StarGate: Atlantis. Picard in chair sold well, and the Phasers just hit the shelves last week, and I've noticed they are already gone at two locations. It seems to me that TRU will want to continue this experiment, maybe even expanding it to the US and beyond. Furthermore, I would expect the EMCE figures to be a natural for the next installment (I have already started bugging my contacts at TRU Canada to consider this very thing!). Once the EMCE line hits TRU in appreciable numbers, this line will really get a chance to grow (not thats its exceeding everyones espectations for growth already) and Paul and his crew might even start making a dollar or two on it.

Vive la EMCE!!!
                      "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Cardbuff
                        • Dec 16, 2007

Originally posted by Histrionic Spock
                        NewForce has secured an allotment of Khans from Planet X.. this is from NewForce's Trek newsletter:

Pre-order is up here:

http://newforcecomics.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=retro

If you order two instead of one, shipping will probably be an extra $1, if anything. That's how Rick usually does it.

View this as just an alternative to going through Planet X directly. I've been a NewForce customer for many years, and they have all my ship information etc, so for me this makes sense.
                        Thanks for the info, good to know I will get a Khan figure even though there are no Planet X stores near me!

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                          valar morghulis
                          • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Cardbuff
                          Thanks for the info, good to know I will get a Khan figure even though there are no Planet X stores near me!
                          There's no Planet X stores near anyone, unless you live in Toronto!

Also remember that Toyfare cited the figure as available via Hastings website.. it just hasn't shown up yet. I guess they're waiting til it's in stock.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎