Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by VulcansFury
    Hey, I'm happy for Paul and the diehard fans willing to pay $80 for this. I probably wouldn't complain if it was 3 full bodies instead of one. Marvel may dictate the pricepoint, but they aren't dictating the profit margin. This is a ripoff, pure and simple. And I can't believe some people are comparing this to aftermarket customizer costs instead of realistic cheap factory labor costs. The two just aren't in the same ballpark! There just simply isn't enough in this package to justify $80. Would you have bought the DST Bride of Frankenstein, etc, if it was just a head and outfit on a card for $25+? The body is a huge part of the value which is sorely lacking in this line.
    Completely agree on the profit margin, they will make a killing on these.

Comment

• zeedox
      Career Member
      • Aug 10, 2007

Better than Captain Action

This will be better than Captain Action, since I know each figure will be tooled to actually work.
      The only Captain Action figure that works for me is Thor, well I didn't buy Iron Man. Spiderman and
      Captain America's arms keep falling off that is no fun.

Only thing I would say is release these two at a time. Spiderman by himself will be a tease.

Comment

• Iron Mego
        Wake Up Heavy
        • Jan 31, 2010

They've already stated they won't be selling them individually, only as these sets.
        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• melkorjunior
          Museum Super Collector
          • Apr 20, 2014

I think part of the appeal of this line is for people like me who don't own a Mego Spider-Man. I'm assuming pretty much everyone else here does, but I literally just got back into Mego a few days ago. For me this set is a great opportunity to grab a minty Spidey with some great extras (don't discount how awesome those new hands are--they're in "web-slinging" poses and they blow the original Mego hands away) and the makings of an awesome Romita Peter Parker figure for what it would have cost me to find a minty Spidey on ebay (and I certainly wouldn't have snagged a circle suit Spidey for that price.) Probably most people here have owned their Spider-Man Megos forever but if you're trying to buy one now, and you want it to look mint (I'm a stickler for that--I hate stained costumes, runs in the material, paint rubs, etc.) it actually will cost real money.

Comment

• pmwasson
            Maker
            • Sep 12, 2007

The high price point is going to make a lot of potential customers not buy it. Hopefully enough people will be interested in it to support the line continuing. I'm hoping that the high price point will allow different body types. It would be cool if Spidey was svelte, Wolverine a runt, Thor stocky and so on.
            Last edited by pmwasson; Apr 22, '14, 5:52 PM.
            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• nobody
              banjo!
              • Jan 26, 2012

I'm a free market person and logic always wins. If they sell all 3000 pieces at 80.00 each, guess what... the price was right. If they don't...they adapt or die.

Comment

• Wise4671
                Banned
                • Aug 11, 2007

As long as the sets include an exact repro of an original mego I will be buying a set.

Comment

• nobody
                  banjo!
                  • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by Wise4671
                  As long as the sets include an exact repro of an original mego I will be buying a set.
                  They will obviously not be exact since Doc's new body is the foundation on which these will be built.....They will be better,,,stronger...faster!
                  Last edited by nobody; Apr 23, '14, 7:07 AM.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by pmwasson
                    The high price point is going to make a lot of potential customers not buy it. Hopefully enough people will be interested in it to support the line continuing. I'm hoping that the high price point will allow different body types. It would be cool if Spidey was svelte, Wolverine a runt, Thor stocky and so on.
                    I don't get the impression that's happening.

Comment

• pmwasson
                      Maker
                      • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                      I don't get the impression that's happening.
                      Yeah, I'm sure its not, but it would be cool!
                      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                        Defender of the Megoverse
                        • Dec 30, 2008

So this set is coming out later this year. Is there any idea as to what month?????

Comment

• megozilla13
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 10, 2002

Congrats. its a great looking set, love the peter parker, and I think the price is fair seeing amok is offering them for $69. Dont know if this has been answered already but what type of body will the figure be on?....... standard Doc Mego body, His new bandless body, or the old Zica body DST acquired?

mikej
                          WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• nubee
                            Career Member
                            • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by pmwasson
                            Well, I will most likely pass on Spidey for the price reason. I have to be more "picky" about which one to buy.

I'm still glad good ole Doc got the Marvel Mego back in circulation. I'm still waitin' for the FF and wishing for Dr Strange. Must get Thor once it comes out. I'll wait and see how Cap turns out. I passed on CA even back as a kid cuz it didn't look proper to me.

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 21, 2009

Glad this is happening. It's overdue.

But not glad about the price --it's outrageous. If the licensor said that's what the price had to be, they're wrong. Sorry guys, I love the idea, but the price is way, way out of line.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                                • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by SpaceAgent
                                Glad this is happening. It's overdue.

But not glad about the price --it's outrageous. If the licensor said that's what the price had to be, they're wrong. Sorry guys, I love the idea, but the price is way, way out of line.
                                Might have been a better idea to introduce Thor or Iron Man with that price point. When you can get a minty vintage Mego Spidey and nice repro box for far less than the replica, it really makes it hard to justify the coin.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎