Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melkorjunior
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 20, 2014

The circle-suit Spidey does nothing for me cause I had the 'regular' one as a kid. In fact the circle-suit makes me less likely to buy the set for that very reason.
    I have to admit, I would have preferred a normal costume Spider-Man, as I don't own one, and the circle suit just looks strange. I may end up buying a normal one on ebay anyway, and just keeping the circle suit version in the repro box it will be coming with. For me the big draw of this set is the excellent Peter Parker head and outfit, as well as the "modern" head and costume.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by melkorjunior
      I have to admit, I would have preferred a normal costume Spider-Man, as I don't own one, and the circle suit just looks strange. I may end up buying a normal one on ebay anyway, and just keeping the circle suit version in the repro box it will be coming with. For me the big draw of this set is the excellent Peter Parker head and outfit, as well as the "modern" head and costume.
      Save the oversized glasses, the Peter head and outfit is clearly the class of that set. Love the head sculpt, they nailed the comic look.

Comment

• Boywonder0
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 29, 2007

Hey whiners! Don't buy the set if you don't like it or can't pay for it.

I know I will buy multiple sets and that's what matters to me.

Hey Doc! Thanks for this project and keep other sets coming. You've been here for a while and should already know that there are some members herein that always have something to complaint about on any Mego project. They just want to hear themselves as they really believe they have the monopoly of Mego wisdom. I'm so sorry for them...

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Boywonder0

Hey Doc! Thanks for this project and keep other sets coming. You've been here for a while and should already know that there are some members herein that always have something to complaint about on any Mego project. They just want to hear themselves as they really believe they have the monopoly of Mego wisdom. I'm so sorry for them...
          That was really unnecessary and is just plain rude. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and many have offered nothing but constructive criticism and suggestions. The only whining I see here is from a little boy wonder who apparently can't handle it when others don't agree with him. NO ONE is criticizing Doc Mego. I've ordered a set because I want to support his efforts. That doesn't mean I'm totally happy with the way the license is being handled. The fact remains people are either going to have to go out and buy additional bodies to display the other outfits, which results in three figures ending up costing the same as four figures from FTC, OR if they don't like the new outfits they're spending $80 on one vintage reproduction figure versus $25 from FTC.
          Last edited by enyawd72; May 25, '14, 9:25 AM.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

My guess is that if Doc Mego wasn't associated with this project that most everyone would be 'whining' about it.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by enyawd72
              That was really unnecessary and is just plain rude. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and many have offered nothing but constructive criticism and suggestions. The only whining I see here is from a little boy wonder who apparently can't handle it when others don't agree with him. NO ONE is criticizing Doc Mego. I've ordered a set because I want to support his efforts. That doesn't mean I'm totally happy with the way the license is being handled. The fact remains people are either going to have to go out and buy additional bodies to display the other outfits, which results in three figures ending up costing the same as four figures from FTC, OR if they don't like the new outfits they're spending $80 on one vintage reproduction figure versus $25 from FTC.
              I do kinda understand why he's upset, I was frustrated with the initial criticism over the FTC figures for the same reason. He wants to see the line of Marvel characters succeed and I think he feels like the criticism might be 'sabotaging' the efforts to bring the figures to market. So from that angle, I get it.

With this line I think the feedback has been pretty consistent: Nice set, but the price is too high. IMO that's good, constructive feedback that DST/Marvel can use, and couple with sales. Maybe they can be flexible and work in the future to bring us a similar offering at a lower price point.

Or maybe they stick with the current format and it sells very well. I'd be thrilled with that, personally.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

Just to clear something up.
                I support Doc Mego's efforts. To me, EMCE Toys has always been the A-Team of the Re-Mego market, and I bought all Universal Monsters because they were excellent.
                Same thing for BBP. While I did voice criticism about certain lines like BSG, I still supported them and bought all Galacticas, Dr.Who and SMDM.
                I feel it's better to inform a company that, for example, a certain price range will scare off customers, than say nothing and ignore the product when it comes on the market and let it fail.
                I have been actively collecting Mego since day one (the mid-seventies), so I think I know a thing or two about the subject.
                It's called adult and informed constructive criticism.
                People like Doc and BBP are tough and seasoned enough to handle that.
                Let them be an example to others, and remember, it's only a plastic toy...
                Last edited by Gorn Captain; May 26, '14, 1:45 AM.
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• wilbs518
                  Mego Collector
                  • Jul 25, 2009

Well put Rik.
                  sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Wow, classy. I personally was just stating how I saw the project. If this line was to go the CTVT route and just make repros and new additions to the line I'd be all over it. I just don't see the value in what is essentially an 80 dollar dress up playset unless you spring for more after market parts.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

I this is the last hurrah to get Marvel Mego's period,so I enjoy it and support it why you can

Comment

• Chippupperty
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 5, 2004

My supplier is supposed to get me two sets.....no complaints here....just want to enjoy/appreciate them!

Comment

• melkorjunior
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Apr 20, 2014

If we get Spidey, Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Daredevil, Phoenix and the Green Goblin out of this, I'll be very satisfied with the line. (I don't care about Wolverine.) The FF would be nice but I don't see it happening. Ditto for Lizard and Falcon.

Comment

• FamousCoversFan
                            • May 18, 2014

Originally posted by melkorjunior
                            If we get Spidey, Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Daredevil, Phoenix and the Green Goblin out of this, I'll be very satisfied with the line. (I don't care about Wolverine.) The FF would be nice but I don't see it happening. Ditto for Lizard and Falcon.
                            I really, really hope to see at least the original 12. After that everything is a bonus!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I really think it's possible, with slight ingenuity, to re-release all the originals.

But I'm having trouble envisioning 3 versions of some of the other "Most-wanted." Maybe it's just my lack of comics knowledge & creativity.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• FamousCoversFan
                                • May 18, 2014

Just for fun, after the original twelve, my next twelve most wanted figures are:

Storm
                                Doctor Doom
                                Loki
                                Magneto
                                Doctor Strange
                                Wolverine (check)
                                Ms Marvel
                                Nightcrawler
                                Spider-Woman
                                Daredevil
                                Red Skull
                                Colossus

Hmm... I think I need more than 4 figures a year...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎