Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melkorjunior
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 20, 2014

It's funny, I was barely aware of who the Falcon was when the Megos were out--I think I might have seen him on a Power Records cover with Captain America--but the figure was so cool looking I just had to have it. My Mego collection consisted of: Spider-Man, Hulk, Goblin, Lizard, Torch, Thing, Iron Man, Falcon, Batman, Robin, Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Captain Marvel, Superman, Aquaman, and, until I decided he was lame, Mr. Mxyzptlk. Lots of characters I skipped because they didn't look cool to me or they just weren't "superhero-ish" enough; Mr. Fantastic I skipped because he was just sort of this regular looking guy; Thor I skipped because he had Farrah hair; Conan I skipped because he had Jacqueline Smith hair; Captain America I skipped because the head looked lame; with Tarzan I hated the flesh tights; and I never bought any of the girls. My Megos wore out or broke a lot, but the ones I always made sure I replaced through the years were Batman, Joker, Captain Marvel, Superman, Spider-Man, Lizard, Goblin, and Hulk. To me those 8 are the cream of the WGSH crop, even though Batman is almost unpardonably goofy. Hulk was a particular favorite because he could be a good guy or a bad guy when I played with him, and he kicked Superman's butt a LOT.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

The big question is what size will Wolverine be?? In the comics he is 5'3" so I would not want a regular ReMego of him.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Vinny0026
        Year Five!!
        • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by monitor_ep
        The big question is what size will Wolverine be?? In the comics he is 5'3" so I would not want a regular ReMego of him.
        I would doubt you see different size figures in this line. As great as it would be to see heros in the correct scale odds are that will not happen.
        Maybe just maybe if they make a hulk they will use Docs larger hulk body.

But I would bet every other figure will use the same body in this line. IMO
        "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• Iron Mego
          Wake Up Heavy
          • Jan 31, 2010

Removing comment, was thinking about the wrong company.
          Last edited by Iron Mego; Apr 28, '14, 5:15 PM.
          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• melkorjunior
            Museum Super Collector
            • Apr 20, 2014

I really don't want another short Hulk.

Comment

• Spyweb007
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 18, 2006

I really like what EMCE is doing here, and it would be cool if the sets came with a coupon or order form for extra bodies. I know that Doc and Joe at EMCE had to deal with a lot of restrictions to make this happen and I hope that sales of this line can overcome the all the licensing "hoops" they had to jump through to make it happen.

Comment

• ribefex
                Museum Patron
                • Dec 19, 2008

First of all, congratulations to DST and EMCE ​​for bringing Marvel Megos.
                That said, I also think this is a very expensive set, and because of this, I am not sure I will buy the Spider-Man one (count me in for the Captain America one...)
                In another thread Dr. Mego says he can not add two more bodies. But perhaps they still can include some rather inexpensive elements, for example a reproduction of the original card.
                Just an idea.

Comment

• pmwasson
                  Maker
                  • Sep 12, 2007

DST is setting up at C2E2:

That's a big Mego!
                  sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• madmarva
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jul 7, 2007

Life-size Mego Spidey.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

I posted this in buzz but EE has the set for $10 less as well.

Buy Spider-Man Limited Edition 8-Inch Retro Action Figure Set at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brown Bear
                        Still Old School
                        • Feb 14, 2008

Is that wolverine next to Spidey? LOL
                        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 13, 2009

So, Entertainment Earth, Big Bad Toy Store and Amok Time all have it for pre-order at $69.99. Who's the best to deal with? I've actually never ordered anything from any of them.

Buy Spider-Man Limited Edition 8-Inch Retro Action Figure Set at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

Action Figures, NECA, Hasbro, Hot Toys, Funko, Monstarz, Star Wars, Batman, Godzilla, King Kong, Spider-Man, X-Men

Comment

• pmwasson
                            Maker
                            • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by cockyhoskins
                            So, Entertainment Earth, Big Bad Toy Store and Amok Time all have it for pre-order at $69.99. Who's the best to deal with? I've actually never ordered anything from any of them.
                            They are all fine. But this one helps out the museum:

Originally posted by palitoy
                            I posted this in buzz but EE has the set for $10 less as well.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...d=ME-002202116
                            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 13, 2009

10-4. That settles that! Thanks!

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                                Career Member
                                • Jan 13, 2009

Just pre-ordered from EE:

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎