Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planet of the Apes to expand with Taylor Nova etc?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by zeedox
    is the astronught is planned at least? I dont think we really need those TV show guys.

AGREED!!! We WANT Taylor & Nova!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

• kept back
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 2, 2002

One of the Breyer girl figures also has long dark hair, but she is smiling way too much to look like someone stuck on a planet full of hostile monkeys!
      Hey! I smile as much as I can and I'm stuck on a planet full of hostile monkeys
      Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

I'd like to see Ricardo Maltabon's character.....I hear EMCE already has a good sculpt available
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by zeedox
          is the astronught is planned at least? I dont think we really need those TV show guys.

The Astronaut was mentioned when the APES repros were first announced, but the only one that will be able to tell you for sure is Dr. Mego himself.

And I don't know if they're even planning on venturing into the TV series characters, but if they do, why not make a new Virdon and Burke? Maybe EMCE Toys would actually make their outfits the correct color(s) this time. But, judging on what I've seen of their STAR TREK repros, they're pretty much sticking to the original styles, so I'd guess that the APES figures would be done the same way.

Comment

• Captain
            Fighting the good fight!
            • Jun 17, 2001

Well if you folks really want new characters you could always do it the old fashioned way! Swap Cornies outfit onto Dr. Z and you have the new character of Uncle Zippy. Swap the Cornie body into a Soldier Apes outfit, and you have the equivelant of a Trek red shirt.
            Swap the Gorilla into Ziras clothes and you have a .....well you would have a.....well, thats one seriously disturbed ape!
            "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎