Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planet of the Apes to expand with Taylor Nova etc?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Well didn't Mego not make a Taylor because Charleston wanted too much money ?
    If that's the case, I can see him still wanting a ton.

Comment

• Captain
      Fighting the good fight!
      • Jun 17, 2001

I wouls have to say Dorothy from WOZ would be the closest....Mary Ellen from the Waltons has long dark hair, but she looks even less like Nova than Dorothy does.
      One of the Breyer girl figures also has long dark hair, but she is smiling way too much to look like someone stuck on a planet full of hostile monkeys!
      "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• apes3978
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by type1kirk
        Well didn't Mego not make a Taylor because Charlton wanted too much money ?
        If that's the case, I can see him still wanting a ton.
        Yeah, that's what they say. He wouldn't allow his likeness to be used on a figure back then.

As far as now: There are the MEDICOM and SIDESHOW figures of Taylor so who knows what, if anything, changed it so there can be Heston as Taylor figures. Maybe money did speak, or maybe it's different because "maybe" FOX owns his "likeness" as the Taylor character (the same way PARAMOUNT owned Shatner as Kirk) and they allowed it? But that is all a guess, I don't know if any of that's even close to true.

Anyway, these days Heston is so out of it with his Alzheimers that I don't think he'd even know what's going on.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

As long as they give the figure tons of guns, Heston will be extatic, so this could work...
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• drakghoulie
            • Feb 20, 2008

Originally posted by apes3978
            You guys really need to adjust the color on your television set(s). The slave gorillas wore red jumpsuits... Red, not orange...
            Ever seen it at the drive in? or the picture (erroneously) on the cover of the battle for the planet of the apes novel? or on tv in the 70's? It could go either way.

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by drakghoulie
              Ever seen it at the drive in? or the picture (erroneously) on the cover of the battle for the planet of the apes novel? or on tv in the 70's? It could go either way.
              Drive-in: No.

BATTLE cover: Yes. (And btw, they look red on there to me.)

TV in the 70s: Yes. (And on TV now with the DVDs, you can clearly see they're red. The opening shot with the gorilla walking toward the camera says it all.)

In reality, they are redthere is no question about it. Even J. Lee Thompson, the CONQUEST director, commented how the primary colors used in the film were red (gorilla jumpsuits), green (chimp jumpsuits), and black (police and some of the other government types).

And, why would anyone want them orange? You want your poor gorillas to look like refugees from some Halloween party, or escapees from the county jail?

Comment

• megozilla13
                Persistent Member
                • May 10, 2002

TV in the 70s: Yes. (And on TV now with the DVDs, you can clearly see they're red. The opening shot with the gorilla walking toward the camera says it all.)

In reality, they are redthere is no question about it. Even J. Lee Thompson, the CONQUEST director, commented how the primary colors used in the film were red (gorilla jumpsuits), green (chimp jumpsuits), and black (police and some of the other government types).

And, why would anyone want them orange? You want your poor gorillas to look like refugees from some Halloween party, or escapees from the county jail?

Thats kind of a strange comment for him to have made. Green isn't a primary color and black isn't even a color.

mikej
                WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• drakghoulie
                  • Feb 20, 2008

Is tomato soup red or orange? really all of it is a moot point whoever's perspective it is, the color or the hue, whatever you call it, or whatever it's "official" color is, like a gi joe jump suit, is that orange or red ?, I'd say that's a lighter orange than the ape color, regardless, of what I think or anybody thinks as long as it looks like it does in the pictures that's all I care about.
                  Last edited by drakghoulie; Mar 15, '08, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• apes3978
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by megozilla13
                    Thats kind of a strange comment for him to have made. Green isn't a primary color and black isn't even a color.
                    He didn't mean it in the literal sense of primary/secondary colors... He meant primary as in "the main colors"... Like you'd might say someone's house is primarily white...

Comment

• megozilla13
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 10, 2002

I misunderstood it, I was thinking like primary colors and curious george.
                      I always thought they were red but I have seen advertising material for the movie where they looked orange.

mikej
                      WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• Mego Milk
                        Custom Mego Maker
                        • Jun 3, 2007

Aw Yeah!

They should make the two Vets from the zoo that helped C and Z!
                        hhmmm....there's a custom idea!

Comment

• zeedox
                          Career Member
                          • Aug 10, 2007

Dr. Milo

I miss that guy he needs a figure...

Comment

• zeedox
                            Career Member
                            • Aug 10, 2007

Where are the Apes toys already?

Yknow I'm anxious about this line where is it already? The ones I bought off ebay over the years really show their age...
                            Also I think we really need a Taylor. I think a good Taylor is as important a potential EMCE repro as Kirk.
                            Last edited by zeedox; Mar 29, '08, 6:31 AM.

Comment

• apes3978
                              Permanent Member
                              • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by zeedox
                              Also I think we really need a Taylor. I think a good Taylor is as important a potential EMCE repro as Kirk.
                              The thing is, if EMCE "did" make a Taylor figure, it wouldn't even be a "potential repro" as you stated, it would be a totally new figure. No repros there...

Comment

• zeedox
                                Career Member
                                • Aug 10, 2007

Astronaught?

is the astronught is planned at least? I dont think we really need those TV show guys.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎