Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

How many sets a year? I am confused by Joe of EMCE post. 4 sets a year?

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by DSTZach
      ... At the moment, I believe we are only looking at a few key characters from outside the original Mego line-up.
      So, is the intention to re-release all twelve original Mego Marvels as expanded editions, in groupings of three, and add four new figures to round each release, such as the announced Wolverine, perhaps Dr. Doom, etc.?

I guess I'm curious as to whether DST feels all the originals should be re-released/expanded.
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Apr 21, '14, 8:02 PM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• drmego
        EMCE Toys
        • Jun 15, 2001

As I said in the thread in Mego Buzz - the retail price is a condition of the license. Feel free to hold out for a lower retail price from an individual retailer, but
        remember what the Romulan, Sulu, and Wonder Woman are now selling for on Amazon.
        www.drmego.com
        www.megoman.com
        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Hopefully Captain America gets a Classic modern update detailed costume (like Spidey's) and two sheild's (one replicated without the sticker and now painted and another classic slightly bigger sheild for the classic modern update

Comment

• Krypt0nite
            Radioactive!
            • Feb 13, 2010

Yeah, I'd like to see Cap with a classic and updated costume and maybe fatigues/Army uniform and a Rogers head?

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
              Yeah, I'd like to see Cap with a classic and updated costume and maybe fatigues/Army uniform and a Rogers head?
              updated costume still needs to stay classic comics though...perhaps a darker blue in the suit...I'm talking updated as in keeping the classic comic look,but darker uniform and little more detail just like the spidey has (a modern costume looking but better than the original mego suit)
              Last edited by Teemu; Apr 21, '14, 9:24 PM.

Comment

• nubee
                Career Member
                • Feb 15, 2010

Right now, there is no chance of us releasing these figures in single, no-frills versions down the road. There is always the possibility that something might change in what we are able to do, but this is what Marvel retro is for the foreseeable future.

I think I said in the other thread that movie versions are a separate license (several, in fact), and not planned at this time.

And this will not be as extensive a line as Minimates. At the moment, I believe we are only looking at a few key characters from outside the original Mego line-up.
                Dang! This is a kinda of a major bummer. Only a few characters outside of the original and none in a no frill version? Well, there goes my hope for Dr. Strange. ( I don't think Dr Strange is on most people's list.) The FF will be costing me more than $320.00 to complete (factoring taxes and shipping) I'm going to have to be more conscious of what I buy as oppose to "collect them all." Still happy and many thanks to the good Doc.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                  Radioactive!
                  • Feb 13, 2010

Oh yeah, I totally agree Teemu: I would like updated versions of the classic costumes, not modern/current costumes. I'd prefer all of the designs/alter egos stay firmly rooted in the era Mego originally made these.

Comment

• DSTZach
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Mar 1, 2012

I do not know that any lineups are set in stone, aside from what Doc and Joe have said here and elsewhere. The target is four per year, Cap and Wolverine are being worked on, Thor is planned, and I am confident we will do Iron Man at some point. Not sure we've locked in to making all twelve originals in this new format, but we'll see how things go.

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

I do not know that any lineups are set in stone, aside from what Doc and Joe have said here and elsewhere. The target is four per year, Cap and Wolverine are being worked on, Thor is planned, and I am confident we will do Iron Man at some point. Not sure we've locked in to making all twelve originals in this new format, but we'll see how things go.
                      Can't wait for Cap and Thor

So has anybody said what bodies are being used? will they be strung or no strings? etc

Comment

• Timothy2251
                        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                        • Mar 15, 2008

Ordered 2 sets - fantastic work, Paul!
                        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• drmego
                          EMCE Toys
                          • Jun 15, 2001

The one body rule is part of the license parameters. I am trying to put together something with retailers to offer discounts on drmego bodies to make it easier for people
                          who might actually OPEN one of these rare collectible commodities.
                          www.drmego.com
                          www.megoman.com
                          www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• madmarva
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jul 7, 2007

If time is not linear, mine is actually already open sometime in the future.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                              Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                              • Mar 15, 2008

That's why I bought two - one to keep MIP for the collection, the other is getting opened. Oh, yes. It WILL be opened. Gots to build me a modern-era Spidey and use a Doc Mego body for Parker!
                              "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                                Defender of the Megoverse
                                • Dec 30, 2008

Originally posted by drmego
                                The one body rule is part of the license parameters. I am trying to put together something with retailers to offer discounts on drmego bodies to make it easier for people
                                who might actually OPEN one of these rare collectible commodities.
                                Hey Doc, when will this beautiful set be available????

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎