Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

Very interesting development. The Captain Action-type set is curious.
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Chris
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 23, 2009

There goes my money. Please bury me with this. I love it.
      If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• SciFiGuyLA
        Museum Patron
        • Feb 11, 2009

This is a great looking set. However, as I said in the other thread, the price point is a major bummer!

Actually, since these are being marketed as a "Limited Edition Collectors Set", is there a chance that the repro figure by itself, without all the extras, could be sold later as a "Standard Edition" at a lower price point? (Please, please, please, please say yes, DSTZach!!!)

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

I realize this may sound like it's from out of left field, but I want Loki to go along with Thor.
          JediJaida

Comment

• Gadgeteer
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 16, 2014

Man, not at all what I was expecting, nice toys!
            $80 bucks...boy now I have to think about which side I'm on, DC or MARVEL!
            sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Here's to hoping there will be a no frills Spidey and other Marvels down the road. The set is cool and all, but I just have no interest in playing dress up and at that price I'd have a hard time wanting to mess with it that much.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                Radioactive!
                • Feb 13, 2010

Fantastic news---I'm really looking forward to the updated Lizard, and I'd love to see the original "whisker" mask as an option for Wolverine!

Comment

• MegoSteve
                  Superman's Pal
                  • Jun 17, 2005

The camera that comes with Peter Parker makes me laugh because it reminds me of the one that supposedly came with the Peter Parker alter ego that many people have argued about over the last 20 years.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 26, 2009

I CALLED IT! I started this thread Jan. 1, 2014 New Year's Day 4 months ago! FINALLY! MAKE MINE MARVEL! Way to go Dr Mego and DST! The Spider-Man set is AMAZING! Repro Mego CIRCLE Spidey with repro BOX and NEW Spidey and Peter Parker outfits! I wish there were 3 bodies for the 3 outfits in the set but I am still buying it! I want ALL ORIGINAL Mego Marvel figures done this way! Some Marvel characters have even had at least 3 different costumes each over the decades like Jean Grey so maybe you could do those instead of a civilian outfit! Let the speculation and suggestions begin! I am happy DST announced the news today so we did not have to wait a week for C2E2 panel!

Since I am the one out of the entire Mego community who suggested DST/EMCE Mego Marvel figures by starting this thread maybe I should be rewarded by a one of EVERY set you do for FREE!

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

They really have a Captain Action feel to them, eh?
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Boywonder0
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                        I CALLED IT! I started this thread Jan. 1, 2014 New Year's Day 4 months ago!
                        True! Now tell me the six numbers to play in the Puerto Rico Lottery...

Comment

• bgiles73
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 14, 2010

Are movie accurate versions a possibility? I find myself really hoping for Robert Downey Jr/ Iron Man and a Hugh Jackman/ Wolverine. Wouldn't mind if DST tapped some of their other licenses for 8" Retro Goodness, namely Stargate and New Battlestar Galactica! I could see something similar to this Spider-Man set working with Star Trek as well! Kirk from Original Series all the way to The Wrath of Khan look, then to Star Trek: Generations look!

Comment

• bgiles73
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 14, 2010

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                            True! Now tell me the six numbers to play in the Puerto Rico Lottery...
                            I think we might need those lottery winnings to afford these if they go as extensive as Marvel Minimates.

Comment

• DSTZach
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Mar 1, 2012

Right now, there is no chance of us releasing these figures in single, no-frills versions down the road. There is always the possibility that something might change in what we are able to do, but this is what Marvel retro is for the foreseeable future.

I think I said in the other thread that movie versions are a separate license (several, in fact), and not planned at this time.

And this will not be as extensive a line as Minimates. At the moment, I believe we are only looking at a few key characters from outside the original Mego line-up.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                                Radioactive!
                                • Feb 13, 2010

Hi DSTZach---welcome aboard!

Can't wait to get these!

I'm curious about the approach to Thor: original and updated, I can see, but what about the alter ego? Don Blake (with labcoat, stethoscope and walking cane) would be my preference as he would be appropriate for the Mego era.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎