X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by MegoScott
    I wish it were possible to see the un-produced Retro Action Super Heros.
    I agree, esp. since I heard one of them was Hawkman .
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TomStrong
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      I agree, esp. since I heard one of them was Hawkman .
      Indeed. It would make my day.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
        Defender of the Megoverse
        • Dec 30, 2008

I agree with you Sir! Maybe Doc may one day share pictures with us.

Comment

• drogge
          Career Member
          • Jul 24, 2009

I am most upset about not getting Nurse Chapel and Vina. I also wish the TZ figures would have seen the light of day, bummer. The one alien creature from TZ is still scheduled to be released along with the Nimoy character, right? Dr. Mego can you give us more Trek figures, please?

Comment

• Boywonder0
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 29, 2007

That's military secret...

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

From your keyboard to God's ears. I wouldn't mind a Nurse Chapel, as long as it was the dark haired version. Yeoman Rand would be excellent as well. Along with Marlena Moreau (from Mirror, Mirror), Miramanee, Amanda, Sarek, both Romulan Commanders, a couple of generic Vulcans of both genders, Kang and his wife Mara, Surak, etc.
              JediJaida

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                That's military secret...
                What military, Hydra?

dang Mattel
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• amby87
                  • Nov 21, 2009

I don't post here very often but am always lurking. Wasn't there talk of DST releasing a generic Trek crewman. If so, then it's a shame that never happened either. I think they missed a golden opportunity there. I know it would sort of be a GI Joe rip off and gimmicky, but they could have made them in three or four different hair colors and increase their sales. Just my two cents.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 22, 2011

As dissapointing as it was at the time to hear that Mattel had cancelled Retro Action FTC has kinda eased the pain of that dissapointment for me with their plans to reissue the original WGSH and add new characters. I´m sure all us Hawkman fans will eventually get him ( and hopefully Hawkgirl ) from them. It seems like just three or four years ago there was so much excitement going on here with all the Re-Mego releases and announcements of coming releases. Now all those lines that I loved so much to collect have either been cancelled way short ( DST/EMCE Trek, POTA and Universal Monsters, Zica Buck Rogers, Mattel RA and Spectre Dark Shadows ) or releases slowed to a crawl with the wait and see approach ( BBP TZ, Doctor Who, SMDM and BSG ). I say that if not for what FTC is doing now these would be dark days for us Re-Mego collectors. I am hoping that somehow FTC could aquire some of these licenses in the future ( especially Trek, POTA and Dark Shadows ) and give us some of the characters we never got from other companies.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                      Defender of the Megoverse
                      • Dec 30, 2008

FTC takes far too long to put out their toys. They have had more announcements than physical product to buy. Hopefully that will change!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

I thought it already did? Isn't Wave 2 for Batman suppose to be hitting soon? I'd say that was a good turnaround.

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

Man, I wanted a Vina just to make a She-Hulk out of her!

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

When I see all of those TZ figures, it quickly reminds me how much of a fan Jason is to this hobby. I've NEVER seen ANY company, Mego included, farm as many characters out of a license as BBP does. Jason always tries to go as deep as possible to deliver the most extensive collection of characters from every license. Its really a miracle on so many levels that we have someone in this industry that has the resources to try this, let alone want to do it. So it's a sad reminder when many of these never make it to market, because the demand simply doesn't exist. But we live in extraordinary times. When we have people like Jason, Paul, Craig, David, Brian, and so many more behind the scenes making these characters come to life, I really have to pinch myself. And with Scott making these AMAZING playsets to accommodate those figures, nothing seems impossible anymore. And the thing is, it wasn't so long ago when I thought there would never be a heyday period like the mid-70's again. But the truth is the mid 70's never had this much variety. Sure, it's not on shelves like it was in the 70's, but then again we didn't have the virtual universe like we do today. Everything is at your fingertips now. Amazing. So if this topic makes me think of anything, it makes me want to just say, "THANK YOU" to all the people out there making it happen. We have so much to be in awe of right now. And without ALL of these fine folks, none of it would exist.

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Mattel dropped the ball and FTC picked it up and ran in for a TOUCHDOWN! I'm glad "The Worlds Greatest Superheroes" are in their hands now. They're doing it right!
                              sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by MIB41
                                So it's a sad reminder when many of these never make it to market, because the demand simply doesn't exist.
                                Excellent sentiments, but just to clarify specifically in the case of Twilight Zone, the license didn't cover the likenesses of the figures that were cancelled.
                                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎