X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bionic Joe
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 10, 2006

Originally posted by HardyGirl
    My sentiments exactly. And as much as I like the Wendy & Marvin eps, I wouldn't wanna see them be turned into Megos. Personally, I vote for classic style Jonny Quest!
    Take a type0 or a type1 body add the Action Jackson spy outfit and place a doc mego Jett Jungle head and you'll have a dead on Race Bannon

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

m

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Errrrrrr.... right.... errrrrr.... Please don't make those into Megos
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Zan and Jayna easy recipe. Dye some water purple, and buy a bag of plastic animals from the Dollar Tree.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Now Space Ghost I could see(with His Sidekicks)...or maybe "The Herculoids?"
            sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

Any characters from the SuperFriends would be welcome in my collection.

Admit it, it WOULD be fun to bang their hands together and make them say "Wonder Twin Powers Activate"
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• zeedox
                Career Member
                • Aug 10, 2007

I think we have generally discovered that hanna barbara might be the key to getting our superhero shelf filled again and with that retro vibe why we are enjoying this party so much to boot.

Comment

• roman
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jan 25, 2003

my two cents

Yeah, I can't get behind the wonder twins. Warner owns all of the Hannah Barbara licensing and we did see them as background statues on Justice League as well JLU used a variation of the theme with the Ultimen. I love Aquaman's quote to open the show, "Not them again?"

I think adult swim is making lines of figures with Ghost, Birdman, Herculoids and Mightor. At best they have incorporated them and the lost Super Friends int Harvey Birdman.

Thundar ! That I could get into.

I was never sure why they made Chips and the Dukes and not Spidey and his Amazing Friends and Thundar. These were to of the best early 80's (?) toons out there. Withe the exception of Starsky & Hutch I liked the toons more than the TV SERIES lines.
                  Last edited by roman; Mar 7, '08, 12:58 PM. Reason: errors

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

ZAN and JAYNA Megos would be a dream come true. I'd stand behind Megoesque
                    versions of ANY classic DC TV characters ESPECIALLY ones lifted from the
                    SUPER FRIENDS-----the trouble is all the liscening headaches ---and add the fact that
                    they probably wouldn't sell all that well-----oh well---at least I'll always have my
                    custom Z&J.
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

Once again huedell reads my mind. Wouldn't mind seeing your customs.
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• BlackKnight
                        The DarkSide Customizer
                        • Apr 16, 2005

Wow... Thundar Seems to have a following now.
                        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                          Once again huedell reads my mind. Wouldn't mind seeing your customs.

I am not surprised there's a few like us Brown Bear---its a pretty
                          "meat & potatoes" attitude for us 70s/80s loving kids---of the following ilk:
                          "Hey we grew up with the SUPER FRIENDS stuff....we still LOVE
                          the SUPER FRIENDS stuff....so let's se as much as we can of
                          SUPER FRIENDS merchandise"

Admittedly, there are always going to be those who grew out of it---or who
                          have it put more on the "backburner" of their minds----but we're still out there
                          too flying the flag for the cheesier superheroes from that cheesy little show
                          we grew up with

You mentioned my customs collection?

Well, below is a link to a thread that featured my collection
                          as it stood a year ago---and this thread is on the OLD (locked)
                          custom board, lest it should confuse you why its not part of the
                          same community board as we are posting on now----

The WONDER TWINS are there and they are THIRTEEN (13) pictures down from the top,
                          displayed on the far right of the picture along with twelve (12) other figures.

MM Member AUSTIN HOUGH took the pictures...and I hope you enjoy them

The Mego Forum has Moved to: - Huedell's Incredible Customs Collection
                          Last edited by huedell; Mar 7, '08, 3:33 PM.
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• jemboy2004
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 14, 2005

huedell, that's an awesome set of custom megos you got there. I'd love some of them myself.

I'm all for the wonder twin emce figures but I'd also love thundar and friends too. I loved that show.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                              OH JES!!
                              • Jul 21, 2005

EMCE should get the rights to do a Hanna/Barbera line.....These toons still get played and they would just Rock

1.Space Ghost
                              2.Birdman and the Galaxy trio.
                              3.Mightor
                              4.The Herculoids
                              5.Shazzan
                              6.Thundar
                              7.Johnny Quest
                              8.The Impossibles
                              9.Samson and Goliath
                              10.Frankenstein Jr.
                              11.Arabian knights

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Thundarr is HB now? Was Ruby-Spears a division of them or where they bought out?
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎