• RobTMego
    Career Member
    • Mar 15, 2013

Paypal window closed back in November or December, since I order in October

Comment

• gummi
      Career Member
      • Dec 2, 2009

I got the same email myself, followed by more excuses. That's when I filed the PayPal dispute. I love that he had the nerve to ask us to buy more of these at the pre-order price.
      "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

I am also still waiting. I sent a reply to Mr. Herz' email back in mid-February asking for a status update but never got a response.

I don't know what to think about the fact that one or two of these have shown up (both with issues), but most are still waiting... seems odd to me that only a few people have gotten these.

Comment

• luclin999
          Museum Patron
          • Oct 27, 2011

As someone who owns a small (2 person) business that produces and ships out their own products in-house, if I had to speculate it sounds like they are putting these things together one at a time and sending them out the same way.

As to the delays.. Could be supply issues (not getting enough of "X" in to be able to complete enough pieces) or a financial problem where they don't have the funds required to be able to obtain the items needed to complete the orders.

Either way, the lack of communication and transparency in how they are handling the delays is rather troubling.

Comment

• e
            • Mar 8, 2010

here's an update for all those waiting... i'd assume most of you probably got this email by now.

earlier today, i wrote back (replied to the january email), expressing my concerns over the delay, the lack of communication, and the reported quality control problems. i asked how i could go about getting a refund, since the item was advertised as additional stock of the FX show run, and not as a substandard additional run.

just now, i got an email saying that one of my two figures had shipped. they're still waiting on more clams, and are sending out one to everyone who ordered before sending additional figures to those who ordered multiples.

i will say that i completely agree with this approach. seems totally fair and pretty cool.

there was no mention of the refund request nor of the QC issues. the email was a new one -- not a reply to mine from earlier today. i assume it's a form-letter email, but was at least personalized enough to acknowledge that i ordered two figures.

he included tracking information and it turns out the figure was mailed yesterday (before i sent my email), and is due for delivery tomorrow.

so there you go. again, QC will be the big question, but at least the question of arrival is being answered.

Comment

• astro-greg
              • Mar 8, 2010

Just got a second update and shipping notice

Wanted to let those of you who'd ordered that there is hope, yet!
              I just got this in the email, and it included a working active tracking number.
              I'm excited at the chance of finally owning one of these. And glad to have gotten an update.
              Hope this eases some worries for folks, and that you get a message like this as well!

Dear Greg ,
              Your Pre-ordered Greatest American Hero Figure is finally on its way to you! I sincerely apologize for the delay in getting it out. I'm not one for excuses, so I won't attempt to explain all of the delays in getting these finished.

I simply want to thank you for your patience and offer you a 10% discount on any future purchase from us.

Thank you,

Mike

USPS Tracking #

Comment

• KLAATU
                Museum Patron
                • Feb 3, 2009

I got the same email with a tracking number. Should be here today.

Comment

• greenguy
                  • Dec 30, 2013

I also have a email with tracking number.

Looks like mine shipped out yesterday.

Comment

• KLAATU
                    Museum Patron
                    • Feb 3, 2009

I received mine today. Looks like the photos of the originals, except that the white piping has been replaced with cheap white tape (which is coming loose) as someone here has already mentioned. Not as cool as I expected it to be.

Comment

• jayraytee
                      Career Member
                      • May 27, 2011

What exactly was the original piping made from? If someone has an original to post a picture of and then someone post a picture of the new one... would be nice to compare.
                      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• jprah
                        • Oct 29, 2003

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...4/p1240369.jpg

2007 version from web

Quick photo of Piping -
                        Last edited by jprah; Mar 6, '14, 5:13 PM.

Comment

• luclin999
                          Museum Patron
                          • Oct 27, 2011

So, vinyl tape on the feet and lower shirt and not even that on the collar?

Hmmm... Not ~too~ hard to fix but still disappointing.

Comment

• gummi
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 2, 2009

That looks pretty bad. I can't say I'm surprised after the way this whole thing has been handled.
                            "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Comment

• jimsmegos
                              Mego Dork
                              • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by jayraytee
                              What exactly was the original piping made from? If someone has an original to post a picture of and then someone post a picture of the new one... would be nice to compare.
                              I;ve got a bunch of pics here...

This new one doesn't lok that bad to me. But it the differences do stand out.

Comment

• e
                                • Mar 8, 2010

i just received mine. disappointing is the word. the tape is off, the logo sticker is off, the nose is gouged.

seeking a refund for my second figure. i hope that's not as unlikely as i fear it will be.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎