X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drogge
    Career Member
    • Jul 24, 2009

Bif Bang Pow 2013

So the only new figures coming out later this year are two Six Million Dollar Man figures? (astronaut and the seven million dollar man) What about Twilight Zone? I hope this series is alive and well. I am just surprised we are not seeing some new releases before the Christmas season. I am in the mood to buy. I am also a little worried.....
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

New Battlestar Galactica product hit last month and new Six Mill coming this month. Big Bang Theory figures have also hit. Plus more Dr Who coming in October. I would say the 8 inch format is still alive and well. The date changes are most likely due to low pre-orders. But clearly BBP wants these figures made. They're probably moving those dates back far enough to give pre-orders time to grow to acceptable levels to warrant production. I would rather see that kind of move, than a date change every month for the next year. It's a smart (and honest) move to build pre-order levels. That's why companies like BBP succeed and others do not.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
      Career Member
      • Dec 21, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
      New Battlestar Galactica product hit last month and new Six Mill coming this month. Big Bang Theory figures have also hit. Plus more Dr Who coming in October. I would say the 8 inch format is still alive and well. The date changes are most likely due to low pre-orders. But clearly BBP wants these figures made. They're probably moving those dates back far enough to give pre-orders time to grow to acceptable levels to warrant production. I would rather see that kind of move, than a date change every month for the next year. It's a smart (and honest) move to build pre-order levels. That's why companies like BBP succeed and others do not.
      Thank you so much for this response. Yes, this is 100% accurate and is indeed the only reason why dates have been pushed back. More pre-orders please! :-)
      Co-founder, BifBangPow!
      bifbangpow.com
      twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

My seven year old sons can't wait for their very own Barney Hiller.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• longscarf72
          • Jul 20, 2011

What are the chances of the 8 inch Dexter Morgan getting produced?

Comment

• jayraytee
            Career Member
            • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by Brown Bear
            My seven year old sons can't wait for their very own Barney Hiller.
            For a second I thought we were getting Barney Miller figures, I want Fish....
            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• BATMAN89
              Mego obsessed!!!
              • Jul 20, 2010

What is the new date for Astronaut Steve and Barney Hiller?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
              Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
              My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• bobws
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 13, 2008

I know it helps BBP but i really hate to preorder and then wait and wait and then all of a sudden theres a charge on my card a week or 2 earlier than i expected and mess up my finances for the next 2 weeks. My finances are so tight i can't afford to not have a specific day planned when a charge will go thru. That's why i like to wait until they are in stock, to buy them.
                "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• BATMAN89
                  Mego obsessed!!!
                  • Jul 20, 2010

^ I understand that! I too have to wait until the figures are out, and then purchase them when there is extra cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
                  Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                  My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jan 17, 2011

My situation too, from now on I'll be waiting until things are actually out before ordering. I just can't have the unknown of when the charge will actually happen. I had preordered in the past but then things got pushed back, I had other expenses and then when I couldn't really afford it the figures came in and I got charged which put me into more of a hole. I understand the need for BBP to do preorders but I just can't have the unknown charges happen.

I don't know if its feasible but I'd preorder some things if there wasn't a release date posted until there were enough preorders to go into production, then put up a release date at least 3 months ( don't know how long it is from getting the go ahead to the figures being available so that's just an example ) in advanced so people can make sure they can cover the charge. I just think there should be some way to let people know that a posted date will actually happen and not just another target that gets pushed back. Some way to let customers know that the figures are actually in production so they can get their finances in order to cover their preorders.

Comment

• jonwes
                      Museum Patron
                      • Nov 17, 2011

Look - I'm going to just be totally honest here. Not to be harsh, but because I like what BBP are doing and I think being honest can be the most helpful thing to do.

If things are getting pushed back, it actually makes some people LESS likely to pre-order the next batch. I honestly think BBP are shooting themselves in the foot with this. To be honest, I love the BSG line but my enthusiasm really drained away a lot (the same thing started to happen to the DW line, too) due to the constant push backs. It perked up some again with the SDCC release. Now the news that Athena and Lucifer are moving out so far stopped it dead in the tracks again. I was almost ready to pre-order them, too, in anticipation of them coming soon. There comes a point where I think "Do I want to pre-order this and then have it come out in a year and a half or more? Where will I be then? Will I still be as excited?"

I feel like the same thing happened to DST with their Star Trek figures where they were unable to risk the commitment unless they got a minimum number of pre-orders. I understand the financial realities maybe making this necessary... but honestly, I think it'll hurt more than help. If this is really where we're at, I'd rather not have seen all the cool figures we saw at SDCC. If we're not going to see those until late 2014 or later, does it excite the fan base or just leave them annoyed when they are still waiting on promised figures?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

Unfortunately, this seems to be the new way to make collectors toys. If you want it, you need to preorder it because there's a good chance it isn't getting made otherwise. I commend BBP for not pulling the plug on figures that haven't reached their goal, instead pushing their production dates in hopes they do.
                        It's the dawn of a new era. Mattel is pre-selling subscriptions and when they don't hit before the deadline, they are gone. They cancelled the Ecto 1 and their DC collection.
                        I am more likely than ever to preorder things I want and I don't care how long it takes. It's simply the way things are going to be from now on.
                        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎