• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D!n0-M@n
    w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
    • Sep 17, 2008

Originally posted by drmego
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]6918[/ATTACH]

Here is a 360 turnaround of the new adult male EMCE body.
    Oh man, from the looks of it in the turnaround, it's going to have swiveling ankles? I hate those. I much prefer the way Mego did the ankles so that they only turn with the rest of the leg in relation to the hip's orientation... pretty much like a real leg. Swiveling ankles just look weird to me and I just don't like their function.
    MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

Best of Mattel ? .
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Mr Mego
        Love to play with Megos
        • Oct 19, 2003

Originally posted by boss
        I'd say the elbow swivel joint is a little large, too. Anyway to scale that down?
        I'm afraid he's right... Hope you can edit it, we were love to see new pics comes out.

Take your time, thanks for trying to make new Male body.
        Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

Well, I admit that it does need a certain amount of tweaking, but since Doc is a genius at this sort of stuff, the end result will be excellent!
          JediJaida

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
            Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
            • Mar 3, 2010

Aren't wave 4 of Universal Monsters supposed to come out around then? Are the Phantom and Mutant planning to have the new bodies?
            Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• Timothy2251
              Jerks beef with Ten Bears
              • Mar 15, 2008

The more I look at these new bodies of Doc's, the more ideas I'm getting for customs. Especially the female bodies - they look MUCH better than what Mego originally came up with.
              "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• bobws
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 13, 2008

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                Best of Mattel ? .
                Better Female Chest articulation so you can make Midriff showing Characters with no Ball Joint.
                "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

Looking at the prototype of the male teen figure (?), the forearms aren't bulky enough, and the legs look awfully skinny, while the torso is massive.

Still, it's not October yet, so we have a while to wait while the tweaking is done.
                  JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Yeah, that one looks like it needs the most work. Unless it was shot in Tohoscope.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

Well, looking at the picture, I can't enlarge it but so much. It could be that the perspective is off a bit.
                      JediJaida

Comment

• Mr Mego
                        Love to play with Megos
                        • Oct 19, 2003

^^^ Yeah, I agreed with JediJaida...
                        Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• B-Lister
                          Eccentric Weirdo
                          • Mar 19, 2010

Really doesn't look as Mego-y as other bodies. The musculature is way off.

The hip articulation is much improved, but I like Castaway's torso better.

I will reserve final judgement until I have both in hand. But am excited o see what's coming.
                          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                            Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                            • Aug 14, 2007

I'll get behind anything that doesn't have rubber bands. It is pretty much what kept me from customizing in this scale at all.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                            https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by drmego
                              I want to be sure to post this message here too - in case it accidentally disappears from the other thread.

I just want to let everyone here know that I have been working on the male, female, and teen bodies in 3D for four months now.
                              These bodies are going to the factory for tooling in July and I expect to have production done by October - hopefully in time to
                              show at New York Comicon. The bodies will retail for $5.00 each and I am not asking anyone to give me any money before the
                              bodies are in stock and ready to ship.
                              Hey Doc - just wondering if everything is still on track for these new bodies being available in October?

Comment

• Timothy2251
                                Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                                • Mar 15, 2008

Me too - planning on buying a few of 'em, especially the female bodies!
                                "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎