What lines should EMCE NOT make ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drakghoulie
    • Feb 20, 2008

on a related subject. now we always watched the waltons, but as a kid it was not great on the mego "play value" scale or high on the want list if at all. what I wonder is why they made some elaborate accessories and playsets like the truck, the house, the barn. did they do a godseys store?. or the little rascals club house. they could have made some really cool trek or wgsh stuff instead. was it an attempt to get into the collectible doll market? they kept the stuff over by the dolls and not in the mego section, thank god! so don't make the waltons, but make their play sets and call them some thing else, like peter parkers house or call the barn a secret villan hang out and add some cool stuff.
    drakghoulie

Comment

• fumetti
      • Feb 12, 2008

Originally posted by drakghoulie
      on a related subject. now we always watched the waltons, but as a kid it was not great on the mego "play value" scale or high on the want list if at all.

they kept the stuff over by the dolls and not in the mego section, thank god!
      I think you explained why. The Waltons was probably intended for young girls, or perhaps for grandparents to buy at Christmas. Waltons exude "wholesomeness"--what every grandparent wants as entertainment for their grandkids. It's a guess, anyway.

But I always thought the regular TV lines were the product of experimenting with a new kind of toy. The 70s is definitely the golden age of the action figure. Who could say for sure what kids would want? Mego, bless'em, tried EVERYTHING.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Facts of Life and Golden Girls are at the top of my list.

Comment

• AAAAA
          Permanent Member
          • Oct 28, 2005

the godfather
          Eastwood's The man with no name Triolgy
          Diehard
          Bill & ted
          everyone loves Raymond
          friends
          save by the bell
          diffe'nt strokes
          doctor shrinker
          Damnation Alley
          Mr.T and Tina
          McMillan & wife
          Land of the giants
          Family affare
          Last edited by AAAAA; Feb 22, '08, 7:18 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Maude, Little House on the Prairie, All in the Family, Eight is Enough, stuff like that.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• drakghoulie
              • Feb 20, 2008

Originally posted by fumetti
              I think you explained why. The Waltons was probably intended for young girls, or perhaps for grandparents to buy at Christmas. Waltons exude "wholesomeness"--what every grandparent wants as entertainment for their grandkids. It's a guess, anyway.

But I always thought the regular TV lines were the product of experimenting with a new kind of toy. The 70s is definitely the golden age of the action figure. Who could say for sure what kids would want? Mego, bless'em, tried EVERYTHING.
              right, absolutely right! gi joe, johnny west and MEGO! and mego did try everything, we loved and love this stuff now we're getting the great mego stuff back. you know off topic, but relevant for the most part when you bought a mego everything he needed was in the box. superman came with all of his super powers, it was all inside that cardboard and cellophane or bubble card. the comics and slurpee cups with the super heroes made you want even more megos. p.s the ljn rookies patrol car would be cool. how about chips with correct size heads.

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

I loved the mixture of the different lines of figures. As a kid I didn't know the difference. I loved having Superman and Captain Kirk teaming up to capture Hulk and a Soldier Ape. It was great fun.

Comment

• drakghoulie
                  • Feb 20, 2008

Heresy and foolish now, but I swapped their clothes and heads so kirk and spock could wear regular mego out fits. I did it so much you couldn't tell what was from where, well you guy's could, but you know what I mean. spock
                  wore robins green trunks and belt so he could be the sub-mariner. any body ever do cryogenic experiments with a mego figure and a slurpee cup filled with water?. they were in such abundance we thought we could by them forever. If we knew then what we know now we would have saved every tid bit, might not have been as much fun though. back on topic, there are some lines that just won't sell in the quantity required,
                  everybody's taste is different. at least now we can hope. drakghoulie

Comment

• apes3978
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by AAAAA
                    Eastwood's "The Man With No Name" trilogy
                    C'mon Rich, Eastwood is one I mentioned... We need a Clint Eastwood western figure...

Next thing you know, you'd say you wouldn't want to see A/J and Dinahmite repros...

Comment

• bagmonster
                      Registered Lurker
                      • Apr 13, 2002

Don't make Mama's Family.

The mere presence of Ken Berry is enought to make me not want F-Troop figures either!

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Mego did make a Ron Jeremy, a later (fatter) version tho

"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

That's funny because it really does look like him now

Comment

• monkey tennis
                            "Kiss my face."
                            • Jun 8, 2007

Very Cool, Love it T.
                            He's missing the hairy chest...
                            plus one or two other things
                            "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• AAAAA
                              Permanent Member
                              • Oct 28, 2005

Originally posted by apes3978
                              C'mon Rich, Eastwood is one I mentioned... We need a Clint Eastwood western figure...

Next thing you know, you'd say you wouldn't want to see A/J and Dinahmite repros...
                              Ok I agree maybe just one.
                              and Dinah well you may never know.

Comment

• apes3978
                                Permanent Member
                                • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by bagmonster
                                Don't make Mama's Family.

The mere presence of Ken Berry is enought to make me not want F-Troop figures either!
                                How about a line of "Mayberry RFD" figures then?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎