X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boris71
    GeekBot' For Life
    • May 13, 2007

Mirror Mirror Let down

I just got my Mirror Mirroe Kirk and Spock and as I rushed to open them so they could join thier regular universe counterparts I have to say while kirk was as good as all the other EMCE Trek and universal monster figures I was left cold by the Spock, the new painted heads asiide, as I have always rathered the roto cast ones but hey things change, the ears seemed more like bunny years than vulcan ones and the quality of material on the tunic and the nasty blury looking printed insignia were a bit of a downer but what got me the most after parting with £20 of my hard earned cash was the fact that spocks top didn't even cover all of his back.

I mean I have heard of cost cutting but I would say this is a step too far and after the Picard coming with no Next Gen phaser and some of the Issues with BBP's lines I'm left to wonder if maybe it was cheap short cuts and Bad QC like this that finished the Mego's off first time round rather than poor choices in properties by the company.
    Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine
  • zwischenstufe
    • Aug 8, 2011

I was a bit disappointed as well. First off, why did they have to make a new Kirk head? And it looks weird to boot! Speaking of boots - these figures are wearing the wrong ones. These should have been put on a non-boot body and given Klingon boots (like in the show!) as well as having red phaser and communicator (isn't that the way Mego works? Red means bad,..). But my BIGGEST ***** is the card! I mean, a cheap paint job on the existing Spock head and Kirk's shirt? Really?! And the rest of the faces on there are the standard heads?? The VERY least you could have done is reversed the Enterprise! Sad, just very sad. I have them for my collection, but I guess I had my hopes up too high.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Boris71
      ....................... was the fact that spocks top didn't even cover all of his back.
      Maybe you got the rare plumber's crack Spock

Comment

• raider5gt
        Museum Tree Cutter
        • Nov 25, 2007

Both of these figures I have seen at Forbidden Planet.They looked pretty cool to me,the paint job on them aswell as the clothes were spot on and will be getting them at some point.

I think EMCE did a nice job on these.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

^^^^ i agree ,these were very well done ,not perfect but very nice,Playmates did a good job also,but i
          like these better,sure3 would like to see more.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎