Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HumanWolfman
    Type3Toys Has Transformed
    • Oct 5, 2011

I cant stop looking at that Creature. Now I really cant wait for the Phantom and Dark Shadows.
    View My Customs
    www.type3toys.com
    or check here
    http://megomuseum.com/community/memb...5-HumanWolfman

Comment

• GUYx1
      FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
      • Apr 20, 2005

Actually I feel kinda bad for posting pics of the creature. I didn't want to get people all riled up You guys do realize that WITHOUT preorders, these toylines go the way of nurse Chappel & the orion Slave girl. Or Buck Rogers series two. Imagine if Charlee Flatt could have done tons of preorders on Zorro & the Phantom! He might still be putting out figures! We don't want this to all end, do we? Preorders are what keep these modern megos getting made! Sometimes we need a few people to be our saviors, to take one for the team, so this can all happen. I went through this with the Blade Runner (android hunter) 12" figures. Took YEARS for the stuff to actually happen. I even preordered SOME of the resculpts. Now the heads are getting even more amazing, but I can't keep up. $40 is a small investment when you think about how much can be accomplished with your preorder. If people cancel their orders at EE, we will surely never see the Phantom & Metuluna mutant. We will all have our toys within a week or two. Remember, we are buying MEGO oriented toys. Since when has a mego, or a mego custom ever arrived ahead of schedule. Good things come to those who wait.
      Three cheers to the people who preordered! We are forever in your debt and the fate of our future rests in your hands!

Nurse Chapel RIP

Flatt Phantom RIP
      Cheers,
      Guyx1

Comment

• Toysyouhad.com
        • Oct 14, 2012

Poor Nurse Chapel :(

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

There was a preorder thru Diamond for the Flatt Phantom, I did it. It later got cancelled. I don't mind preorders when they don't want the money up front.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 18, 2007

Yeah I pre ordered the FLATT Zorro and Phantom. Very sad not having those two in my collection. Zorro was freakin DETAILED!!! I'm happy with my Castaway Phantom he looks great. I cant wait to get the creature. Went to my TRUS today but no luck.

Comment

• piecemaker
              There's no need to fear..
              • Jan 26, 2009

GUYx1,thanks for posting those pics.I would have bought Nurse Chapel and Vina for sure.Its a shame they never got made,maybe someday hopefully.You have the proto pic of Vina? I haven't seen it.

Comment

• drmego
                EMCE Toys
                • Jun 15, 2001

Thanks for all the kind words - we really did want this most monsterous of the monsters to
                come out right. The sculpt is by Sean Sansom - who has sculpted most of the line.

We were very worried about how well the factory would do silkscreening the bodysuit.
                Glad to see it worked in production. These figures will sell out fast. Get them now or pay
                more later.
                www.drmego.com
                www.megoman.com
                www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

Are the emce/universal monsters a one shot only run? That is, will there ever be a second release of any of the characters?

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                    Banned
                    • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by drmego
                    These figures will sell out fast. Get them now or pay more later.
                    So...what's the deal with the numbering on the cases that Diamond received?? Ar there only 625 cases of these figures...or are there more than that?

Comment

• noelani72
                      27inaleon
                      • Jun 25, 2002

I'm leaving town in a couple hours.
                      Since I'm not in a rush, I'm gonna try to hit some Toys R Us stores along my 8 hour drive from Central IL to Minneapolis MN to see what I find.

Comment

• Chris
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 23, 2009

Thanks for all the kind words - we really did want this most monsterous of the monsters to
                        come out right. The sculpt is by Sean Sansom - who has sculpted most of the line.

We were very worried about how well the factory would do silkscreening the bodysuit.
                        Glad to see it worked in production. These figures will sell out fast. Get them now or pay
                        more later.
                        The silk screening is accurate and excellent. Sean Samson did in an incredible job. The Bride's costume is amazing. Pictures don't do these figures justice.
                        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                          Career Member
                          • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                          So...what's the deal with the numbering on the cases that Diamond received?? Ar there only 625 cases of these figures...or are there more than that?
                          I don't work for Diamond, just had decades of interaction with them, so don't consider this from the horses mouth but:

Typically, the number on those cases is the number of cases received to that warehouse/ distribution hub. Rather than get everything in from the manufacturer (in China) in one port and then truck it to a central warehouse (in this case Olive Branch), the cases ship out to each warehouse and to large retail accounts (Toys R Us surely being one, if not one of several). Diamond Distribution - the parent or perhaps sister company of Diamond Select Toys - also distributes into the UK depending on the license limitation, has two distribution centers (or a center and a hub), a home office, and DST has offices as well. So, you know that that number of cases shipped to the Olive Branch distribution center, but it's even possible that since they did create some amount of overstock (according to a post on the Universal board by a DST rep) they could have assigned that overstock to a slower and therefore cheaper shipping route. Doubtful, but possible. In my experience, that's probably the total amount into OB, but the only thing that number tells you with no question in the number of series three cases into that warehouse in that specific shipment. I too would love to know the production numbers.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                            Career Member
                            • Sep 5, 2005

more later.
                            This is a great thing you guys have done. I know I've told you, but thank you all again. I'm still traveling, and the Creature has been my constant companion. He's on the bed stand right now!

This isn't a complaint, as I'm fine with how mine has worn and I've been seven-year-old kinda rough with him since glomming onto it last Thursday: The suit graphics come of very easily. You can scrape them off with your fingernail. Matter of fact, I really roughed him up. Bending the joints and posing him, tossing him in the car seat, and walking around New York with him sticking out of my back pocket really took their toll. The suit itself is whitish underneath the printing and now I've got a well patinated Gill Man! I really don't mind, in some ways he looks like he might be wet, now looks like a vintage toy, and reminds me of how cosmetically fragile both AHI action figures are. Plus, I've got a mint in package one as well. What? I'm a monster kid AND collector. Anyway, just though I'd note it and curious as to how this sort of printing on a costume is done these days. The level of detail is excellent, looking better and meshing with the vinyl better than I ever dreamed. Oh, and the fins are engineering genius, seriously.

Thanks again for making the toy I've wanted since Christmas 1974, and keep up the GREAT works. The Mutant and Phantom look great, I've got my fingers crossed that Bride sells well across the board too and we see Hyde and the Invisible Man in '14 and a Mole Man and Lugosi in '15 - or dare we dream of a case assortment of four?

Comment

• noelani72
                              27inaleon
                              • Jun 25, 2002

Bloomington IL toys r us had them. One Creech and two brides. I bought one each, despite my order from amazon the other day lol.

Net stop, probably Rockford IL.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                                Career Member
                                • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by noelani72
                                Bloomington IL toys r us had them. One Creech and two brides. I bought one each, despite my order from amazon the other day lol.

Net stop, probably Rockford IL.
                                Ain't it the greatest?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎